Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sochi 2014 - Go Canada Go

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Day 1 and we are off to a roaring start so far with a Gold, Silver and a Bronze.

If you missed the interview with McMorris who opened the Cancuk medal account with a Bronze on the slopes, it's a classic :)

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is that actually dancin bears daughter? Not a piss take never met the man. If so congratulations nice to see a ttp'r enjoy such a great accomplishment

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dancin bear go have a few cold Molson Canadians in the Canada House!!!!! Good luck this week.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Great day so far, awesome to see Alex Bilodeau repeat!

Totally forgot about the inspiration and story he and his brother were 4 years ago.

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is pretty cool. The outside of the hockey arena when a team scores.

BgSoqR_CUAAA3Pn.jpg

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmm... I give my kids a swat upside the head and send them to bed when they talk to me like that.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd say we make it past Latvia or he Swiss but are in big trouble when we face a reputable team. The names on the paper are there but the performance just isn't. 3-0 isn't that impressive against Finland, Austria and Slovakia. I hope we pull it together but if we were to play the USA tomorrow I wouldn't like our odds

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've seen this pattern before. I trust the Canadians to get results when they're on the line. Large ice surface makes it a much more balanced tournament though so don't count anyone out. We lose our physical advantage on this ice as do the Americans.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’d like to thank the Olympics for screwing up my sleep patterns for the last two weeks. My wife says I have Olympic fever. :D

Seriously, I love this stuff. It's on all the time at the office and at home, we can't get enough. I mean, the judged events drive me nuts, to a certain degree (DB, what's it like for you? Gotta be maddening...). The level of athleticism is so high, for the most part...and when it's not, well...the Russian curler is so effing hot, OMG, was watching her last night!

Best event so far, for me, has been women's boarder X. The racing was fantastic, and the course is HUGE! Added to that, our girl, Dominique Maltais, had to use every move in her bag of tricks to get the medal. In any gate start type race, half the race is won at the gate. You have a good gate, and get the holeshot, well, you stand an infinitely better chance of winning than if you come out 2nd through 6th. If you saw the semis, Dominique was 4th outta the gate and into the first corner. Only 3 went on to the final. She had to make two high risk passes, plus dodge the girl in front, who blew it and proceeded to crash almost directly in front of our girl. It was such a great display of skill and nerves of steel. The final was great, too, but she didn't have to work nearly as hard as she did in the semi to get herself into the 2 spot.

Last night was supposed to be men's SBX, featuring Vernon's Kevin Hill. Got delayed due to fog. We know Kevin through BMX; he's one of the local pros. He only started snowboarding when he was 20, but last year had a big breakthrough in SBX at the X-Games last year. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2TeZ6z3QeQ . Ever since, his main focus has been snowboard. His nickname is "K-Skills", which is suiting- the kid is a phenom, so far as his athleticism and his skillset. Big time rooting for him on Tuesday! Hopefully luck is on his side.

So far as hockey...what else is new? Seriously, it's the same every Olympics, this is no different. They'll get through quarters, and likely come up against the yanks...which will be an epic game! Looking forward to it!

But before that, the ladies get a shot at Gold...again! How cool is that?

Love the Olympics.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd hit that Russian curler for sure too.
Cute little thing so she is.
Her and I, in an igloo, with nothing but animal skins and a couple of bottles of the best Latvian Vodka would be sublime...

My 16 year old asked me last night when we watched that curling match against Great Britain:
"Dad, why are all Russian women so hot?"
"I don't know son, I don't know, but just enjoy it..."

:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dammit...

K-Skills got taken out in his semi. He was racing so smart on the day, just moving on from heat to heat, and in the semi he was running second when (I think) a French rider climpped Kevin's board from behind. It's one thing when a guy crashes due to his own eff-up, but another to be taken out due to someone else's. Gutted for him. I have a feeling he'll be chassing that podium for the next 4 years.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts