Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Soccer injury leaves more than one kind of scar

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As Regs noted in another thread, Russ didn't get much love from the readers' comments including one clown who was from (IIRC) - Back in Motion who said something like his career was ended and along the lines of get over it.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The one idiot Alan Smith "get over it pussy, you should have settled the score right there" is absolutely the perfect example of a classless dumb Cnut. Ridiculous response from the UBC coach who you would think be a little more genuine regarding an injured player ( miss timed jumps and "little swipes of the hand" don't crush orbital bones),and also from the Whitecaps residency who would continue to have a player (regardless of talent) stay with the team after such an irresponsible act. It really just shows that team success is put so much farther ahead than people's well being. I hope the execs of BC soccer enjoy watching local Van Bommels continue to crunch players while others sit on the sidelines wondering if they can play with their child, or go for a simple jog,without suffering headaches. All the best to Russ on a speedy recovery and return. Always been all class on and off the pitch.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As someone who just had his peg busted playing I know EXACTLY what he's feeling in regards to returning to the game.
Yeah but you didn't have the biggest moan of biblical proportions in not being able to cuddle mini-knvb.

You moaned for 2 months solid, but nothing about mini.

:knvb:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Slight hunch that the Province, being the bastion of integrity and reputable reporting that they are :rolleyes:, would never ask a leading question like "so I guess you can't play with your baby yet" or "you must think quite negatively of the guy who hit you?"

I would never claim to speak for Russ, and I sincerely hope he recovers and is able to play again at any level at some point in the future. I do know what it's like first-hand to have a life-changing head injury, though, and get the "you will never do this again" list from the neurologists. It scares the shite out of you and is another too-close reminder of how frustratingly mortal and finite we really are. There's no fun at all involved in trying to convince your wife and kids that you're not going to die on them when you're not quite sure yourself, especially from the perspective of an emergency room bed.

Not impressed with the lame explanation offered by Mr. UBC Soccer on his player's defense. Nice job...

To all the clueless mouthbreathers demeaning Russ on the Province site about something they obviously don't have the first hint of knowledge or experience of, you've just reminded me once again about what the lowest common denominator of society is all about.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
...or more precisely that the people that have time to sit and troll the comments section of the e-version of our local tabloid probably aren't doing something more productive with their time for more than obvious reasons when you read the content of their dribble. We aren't talking about bright bulbs or sharp knives here.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well Huggon could pursue the guy in an civil action IF the guy has any assets or income. That can be far worse if the person has assets than even a criminal record unless they work or want to work in roles that require a clean record.

Did the guy get charged? This is tougher as the police don't find cases like this of much interest unless of course someone ensures the witness reports are submitted and done right - I've done that twice but then again I know what is required as I have experience in these areas - criminal and civil.

Mosher didn't come across brilliantly but no doubt he wants to protect his player and put a good spin on it so his university doesn't have to get involved.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts