Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So Uber. Have you yet?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well consumers are always looking for better service with cheaper rates, are we supposed to just take what the taxi service gives us and deal with it? fcuk right off, I’ve waited enough hours with no shows and assholes, and no want to get better and be better by them, so bring it on. People are tired of the shitty system in place now so if they aren’t gonna fix it, this is what you get.

I’ll be sure to wave from my Uber while you sit and wait for your yellow cab.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Took it all over the rest of Canada, US, and South America with great results. Maybe Surrey can sort their shite soon.

just got kicked out of the UK for safety issues... fraudulent Uber drivers showing up instead of the "approved" ones... good times if you're the parent of a young adult daughter, I'm sure...

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
just got kicked out of the UK for safety issues... fraudulent Uber drivers showing up instead of the "approved" ones... good times if you're the parent of a young adult daughter, I'm sure...
Never had to try it in London. A billion cabs....but come to think of it we did grab one from the city to the airport, my partner called it. It was just fine, too.

The biggest concern I have when travelling with my kids, especially my youngest, is sitting outside in a strange neighbourhood waiting on a cab that doesn’t come, or difficulty getting one. Your argument is falling on deaf ears here.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So most taxis already have mobile wifi on board.

How is it that they haven't figured out how to have a decent phone app for customers that uses GPS to show where your assigned taxi is when you order one?

Such a simple thing that would go such a long way to improving the user experience...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So most taxis already have mobile wifi on board.

How is it that they haven't figured out how to have a decent phone app for customers that uses GPS to show where your assigned taxi is when you order one?

Such a simple thing that would go such a long way to improving the user experience...

My guess, not knowing much about the industry, is it is afflicted with the same issue that afflicts other industries that have had virtual monopolies: poor mobility on embracing market change. It’s been good to be a cab owner for too long in Vancouver and since Ride share became a real threat they’ve been spending their resources resisting instead of anticipating the influx of competition.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Because it might actually hold them accountable or pickups and drop offs?

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
My guess, not knowing much about the industry, is it is afflicted with the same issue that afflicts other industries that have had virtual monopolies: poor mobility on embracing market change. It’s been good to be a cab owner for too long in Vancouver and since Ride share became a real threat they’ve been spending their resources resisting instead of anticipating the influx of competition.
This

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Never had to try it in London. A billion cabs....but come to think of it we did grab one from the city to the airport, my partner called it. It was just fine, too.

The biggest concern I have when travelling with my kids, especially my youngest, is sitting outside in a strange neighbourhood waiting on a cab that doesn’t come, or difficulty getting one. Your argument is falling on deaf ears here.

we'll have this chat again once Uber is up and running at full capacity, I'm sure...

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well here’s hoping the cab companies get better before Uber fails, so they can become a monopoly again, and go back to their shitty ways.

Can’t wait!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
we'll have this chat again once Uber is up and running at full capacity, I'm sure...
I doubt it. I‘m not overly passionate about it. I just want a ride when I want it so I welcome open competition. Ultimately that wins out for me. I’ll take a cab if they are there already. In Van? Unicorn sightings are more frequent.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver is one of the last hold out markets. Uber is all over the place and finding its way, refining what it is and isn't. Like many things, when there is a new technology, the clock gets set back to zero. This isn't going away. It may shift a little, but it is here to stay.

Did you know the inventor of the digital watch was actually a Swiss guy who worked in a Swiss watch making factory? The bosses told him (with a heavy Swiss accent), "that is not what people want in a watch." So, he went to Japan and made a fortune.

How many of you are still longing for the Blockbuster video stores that charged you late fees on the shitty "new release" video that had been sitting on the wall for 3 years?

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver is one of the last hold out markets. Uber is all over the place and finding its way, refining what it is and isn't. Like many things, when there is a new technology, the clock gets set back to zero. This isn't going away. It may shift a little, but it is here to stay.

Did you know the inventor of the digital watch was actually a Swiss guy who worked in a Swiss watch making factory? The bosses told him (with a heavy Swiss accent), "that is not what people want in a watch." So, he went to Japan and made a fortune.

How many of you are still longing for the Blockbuster video stores that charged you late fees on the shitty "new release" video that had been sitting on the wall for 3 years?

That's where I know you from. You were the guy always frequenting the secret room at Blockbuster I wasnt old enough to enter. :wa:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Key words:

'Stock Based Compensation' and 'Amortization of Intangible Assets'.

These guys know exactly what they're doing on their long term business model.
And they want it ALL.

Sorry, other key words:

'Follow The Money'.

Oh, and 'Ca$h'.

:)

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0