Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Snow

Is the snow a good or bad experience?

• Yes

Votes: 11 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I love it when it snows.

Favorite things to do

Slip sliding around in the car. Snowball fights. Tobogganing. The underrated snowpeople making experience. Beer keeps cold in snow banks outside.:D, getting towed by cars while on innertube.
Surprisingly enough hanging out with the 4 and 5 year old kids at friends houses in the snow.The look of joy on there faces as everyone played in the snow was cool.Very happy youngsters.

Least favorite things

Shovelling snow. Falling on packed ice, getting hit by idiot drivers in Richmond. Trying to drink a beer that has gone frozen in the snow. looking for innertube or sleds in dark. getting towed by cars in innertube and hitting parked vehicles.

Things to never do in the snow at 5:00 am while drunk.

Drive home from Richmond.(I wasn't that drunk)Go tobagganing where there is the possibility of hitting a pond that is not quite frozen enough to have anyone on it. Especially me. Damn Diefenbaker Park.(By this time I was that drunk.) Never get into a hot shower after being submerged in very very cold water. It hurts.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Q: Is snow a good or bad experience?
A1: Yes
A2: No

If I answer yes, what am I saying? :rolleyes:

:D

~Regswhothinksit'sallgood

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Smart Slappy

I had to read that one a few times also...

To answer the question I think Blazeanotherone was getting at: Yes I think the snow is great... However, when on the road you've got to worry about the paranoid freaks that have nae clue how a vehicle operates in the slippery conditions... The gas pedal is your best friend... Keep moving and get off your breaks!!! The snails are one of the biggest problems...
My 4 x 4 "Blazer" has been great so far, but some peeps think they are bullet proof and end up in the ditch... (now that shite is funny):D

Fun in the snow, Guinness

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
me thinks all good tooo

BA,

you forgot to add under your favorite things to do list (I think it's every male's fav)....melting snow with pee:D

you gave referance to innertubing behind cars....well, where I come from (east van), we bumper skied on the soles of our boots. all that was needed is a tight grip, decen't boots, and hope that you would never hit a salted patch, as the result would often be a faceplant into the bumper or on the ground....the creative ones would wear helmets.....one would also hope that the driver didn't catch on as they would often tend to speed up:D

manager

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Melting snow with pee. Yes indeed i signed my name last night.:D

Bootsurfing is ok but the innertube lets 7 or 8 people pile on. First one off buys the beer.:)
Apparently, I may still be drunk as i read my first post and i can;t figure it out. Oh well, Almost time to leave work. First stop liqour store, second stop Diefenbaker for some tubing third stop Front of TV for hockey game. I may hopefully last till nidnight but it'd looking sketchy at the moment. Maybe i will hit my 7th wind as the drink has been going strong for 18 days now. I may buy stock in the breweries for this time next year as i have definitely helped their sales over the holiday period. It only gets worse from here on in till Monday. Tommorrow is buddy's 30th birthday, might have a beverage or nine. Friday, Avs-Nucks game- maight smuggle in the flask as even i balk at paying GM place prices for beer.Saturday, 65 person poker tourney. I'll keep it sober for the whole period honest. sunday, Playoff football. Mmmmmmm, more beer to be drunk. Anyone know any girls whose parents own a bar? I need to find me one of those to save money. I used to to date a girl who's father owned a pub in North Van. It was fantastic, free booze, free food, tickets to games. Damn idiot i am and screwed that one up.:(

Manager, Helmets are for wimps.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
snow's great...

When you're watching all the dumbasses on the news ploughing into each other. No wonder the people in the interior and back east laugh at us, people can't even drive in a couple centimenters of snow.

I hear there's more in store tonight, good thing I'm going to break out the classic VCR tonight
:wa:

Oh yeah, the bumper skiing last night brought back some memories of my badass days :eek:

+Sexualchocolate:eek:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
getting tired of the white stuff

Who's getting tired of this crap? I was hoping to head to the mountains to see this stuff, not down here in Ditchmond :rolleyes:

+Sexualchocolate:mad:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wednesday, Thursday...

Well, at least some of us don't have to leave the house and go to a place they call work, eh Regs?

The weather people usually fcuk up the forecast anyway:rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I liked it the first day...

Liked it the second day...

Now sick of it. This holiday break from soccer was supposed to be my return to the Shore for some long awaited riding. Got in a couple of great rides before X-Mass, but the snow has ruined my plans.

I'm also going stir crazy...I'm sick of playing squash, and seeing the inside of my gym. The tradmill is the devil's work. If this keeps up through next weekend, I'm going to make Notty drag me out skiing.

:mad:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheese and Snow

Now thanks, remember never eat yellow snow.

I love the snow, but I have 4 wheel drive, and don't have to go to work, so let it snow for the next 3 months.

All soccer games should be cancelled until Febuary, but I would like to kick a ball around at the indoor facilities, anyone know of any tourneys or pick-up games going on, I am available anytime.

hos

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Cheese and Snow

Originally posted by Hands of Stone
anyone know of any tourneys or pick-up games going on, I am available anytime.
HOS, I thought we could hook up down at Jinks sometime this week. I know his hallway is a great location for some footy :wa:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds good, but I think he is getting low on Rye, so could you pick some up?

Me and you vs. Jinks, so wear your Rangers top.

hos

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
invite for Cappy?

HOS, my poison these days is vanilla vodka with a splash of 7 and lime. By the way Jinky is way out of our league, so instead, how 'bout we get our own Sap Bowl happening, especially if it snows in the next few days?

Capslock, will you take me for a spin... if it snows again? :eek:

Snow snow go away, come again another ...go the fcuk away :mad:

+Sexualwithsididous:eek:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Take

Much like the "Night at the Heather" I did not get out for the game because of the snow, so I have no take, but from what I hear it was a terrible performance, I have been watching the FA Cup games this weekend on sportsnet and they have been great, love the upsets.
To think I was going to watch the game at the CCC, I know the Prez. of the Celtic Club there, that would have been very bad, but I hear they have Tenants Pints on for $3.50.

hos

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finally!

Finally the ice, snow, ditches and ponds have a purpose in Richmond. It's nice to take advantage of the FREE pick-up ice hockey down at Garry Point. (Just as long as you leave before the school kids get out!) I guess it'll only happen for another half day :rolleyes:
+SCwholovesice :wa:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Snow, I'm Lov'n It

Let it snow, let it snow, this should push the season back two weeks at least, mabey even enough time to get fit, well somewhat fit. Off for more Hot and Colds.

hos

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts