Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Shoot-outs: Oui ou Non

Should the NHL adopt a Shoot-Out format to break regular season ties?

• Oui

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Non

Votes: 19 95.0%

• Total voters

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With the fans going as crazy during the shootout ending of the All-Star Game, pundits everywhere have been discussing whether or a not a 3-man shoot-out should happen during the regular season.

Naturally, playoffs would proceed as usual: play until someone scores. However, considering the fact that GM's continuously describe this sport as a 'business', they should make it as entertaining as possible. And frankly, that All-Star ending was pretty damn entertaining.

I say sure, what the hell -- didn't they have it in the NASL? Look at the success they had.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I voted no because it would drastically change the other parts of the game as it is now... teams would play a more defensive system knowing that if they held on long enough, they could always go for the shoot-out win. Or something like that.

The 5 minute OT they have going now is exciting. I'd like to see them go to 10 minutes OT before any shoot-out nonsense.

~Regs.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
hell no

If anything, the league should adopt the playoff system. Play till ya score. You would have alot of tired players, but who cares, they make enough money. The shoot-out also takes it away from a team game, and makes it about individuals.
My vote is no.

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
no friggin' way...

that's for that poncy international tourney, how about having the enforcers square-off, last man standing wins! Now that's hockey!

lupoman

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the shootout turns a team game into one of luck and individual talent. How good the individuals are can have no bearing on the team as a whole ( for example the NY Rangers )

I agree that it will make the game more defensive as crappy teams will play for the tie and try to win it in the shootout on the basis of a hot goalie ( Czech Olympic gold medal )

but then what do I know....

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why would you even ask?:rolleyes:

I'd be in favor of ratifying the point system though...similar to FIFA.

3 points for a win
1 point for a tie
1 extra point for an OT win

This would bring a lot more sense of urgency to winning, and getting the three.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0