Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

SFU Clan Soccer 2004

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Regs
Can anyone name 6 recent SFU "standouts" that are actually making a significant impact in the VMSL?

I only know of two that really "standout" these days...
Bronco (you can't miss that heed from 6 fields over) & HOS (Khalsa's back up)!!! ;)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are they "recent" though?

TK I suppose but whom else? Corazza - does he really stand out yet?

~Regs.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Andy Veer would be a good one to name.

Would Steve be considered "recent" though? If so, I suppose Bunny could be added to the list but I don't really consider them recent grads for this discussion.

~Regs.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevan Cameron...he went to SFU with me...I think he is with AFC now...not sure about the standout bit though.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I suppose it depends on what you consider "impact" and what you consider "recent".

Jarvie was at SFU for a while and is currently Firemen's leading scorer.

Kevin Crouch went to SFU and is currently Inter's leading scorer.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am thinking if you are in a starting 11, on one of the 14 Premier Teams, you are doing something right, and if you look at every starting 11 in the League, I am sure you will find at least 1 or 2 ex-SFU Clan player. As for Guinny, I don't think he has ever started in this league, and that is why he is way out in the Valley, making comments about Bronco and HOS.

It looks, like there were a few stand-outs, that come from the Island, do they also play on the Island when the university season is done?

hos

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Top Soccer Prospect Headed to SFU

February 28, 2005 -- Simon Fraser University Men's Varsity Soccer Program head coach Dave Elligott announced today that top local soccer talent Stefan Leslie of Surrey, BC has signed a commitment to attend and play soccer for SFU.

"I looked at several programs at home and in the United States and determined that SFU is the perfect fit for me,"said Leslie. "I am very much looking forward to playing for SFU. My goals are to excel with the Clan varsity team while furthering my chances of playing for Canada one day. The fact that the Whitecaps and National Teams are based at SFU is an additional bonus, as it always helps to have high quality players and coaches in your environment."

Leslie, a versatile player who can play as a defender, midfielder, or striker, has excellent athletic and technical ability. "Stephan is the type of player who will be able to step in and compete for a starting spot on our squad immediately," said Elligott. "He can play anywhere on the park and he has the ability to make a significant impact on the flow of a game from wherever it is that he is playing."

"Stefan has outstanding athletic ability and is intelligent on the park. In my view has only scratched the surface of his potential - he is already an exciting young talent, but I look forward to the player he will be two or three years from now."

Leslie, who has played and excelled in four sports (soccer, track, basketball, football) during his high school career, attends North Surrey Secondary School. He has been a fixture in the British Columbia Provincial Soccer All-Star program over the past several years and in recent months has garnered serious interest from several Canadian national team coaches. He is currently playing with Columbus-Clan FC in the VMSL Premier League.

"In my view, Stefan has the tools and ability to reach his goal of playing for one of Canada's youth national teams one day," added Elligott. "If he keeps focused, continues to work hard, and maintains his level head, he will continue to attract attention from the national program."

The Clan graduates six players from the squad which advanced all the way to the 2004 NAIA quarterfinals before losing 2-0 to Auburn-Montgomery of Alabama at the NAIA national tournament in Kansas this past November. Seniors Aaron Beattie, Robbie Cairns, Justin Dudley, Raegyn Hall, Vince Peragine, and Patrick Rechsteiner have each completed their eligibility with the Clan.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stef has been one of our best players all year long. He can play anywhere and has pletty of pace to burn.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts