Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

September 18th: Subway Day for CHILD

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
September 20th: Subway Day for CHILD

This Thursday, September 20th, I'd like to ask you all to visit your local Subway restaurant and order yourself a footlong sub of your choice. For every sub, $1 will be donated to the CH.I.L.D. Founation (CHildren with Intestinal and Liver Disorders). You may have recently seen or heard adverts on the radio, television, or newspaper -- you know, the one about swallowing a bunch of razor blades and needles -- drawing attention to this event.

The CH.I.L.D. Foundation is a non-profit organization primarily helping to fund the search for a cure for Crohn's Disease and Colitis. Although their aim is geared towards children suffering from these conditions, just as many adults suffer from them as well. As such, any cure found for children will benefit hundreds of thousands of adults as well.

I'd consider it a personal favour if you'd go ahead and treat yourself to a tastey sub on Thursday. It'll be a good meal for you, and great help to the foundation.

Thanks guys,
Keeper.

P.S. For more information on either Crohn's or Colitis, feel free to email me or simply visit the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of Canada website.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Will do

Even though I prefer quiznos now I'll make sure to help ya out.

I can't be fcuked to email you though. People on TTP might get the wrong impression. You know how it is...

~TB.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Today's the day

Thanks Regs. See, you're not such a bastard after all. ;)

I'm just posting again to bring this thread back into the "limelight". All you guys at work, you know where to head during lunch. If you're lucky, you might be served by some Vancouver celeb (a couple of years ago I was served by that 4 foot, cutie patootie, Mi Jung Lee).

And for those of you only reading this after you get home from work, don't cook -- go out for dinner. Be like Jared -- lose 250 lbs tonight.

See you at Subway.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh ya.

Tell you friends too. I hear the roast chicken is particularly tastey.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Subway Day for CHILD is just around the corner again. This year, though, it's on Thursday, September 19th.

I'm not asking for you to donate or kiss your valuable money goodbye, just that you leave you lunch at home on Thursday, go to Subway and buy a footlong instead. One dollar from every footlong will go toward research into Children's Intestinal and Liver Diseases (particularly Crohns & Colitis).

I'd fully appreciate any effort you could make to join in. And hey, if you enjoy it for lunch, try going for dinner too. :)

Thanks for your help,

Keeper.

PS. For more info regarding Crohns & Colitis visit the Crohns & Colitis Foundation of Canada or The Iron Child Program.

The Teacher

May 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have a friend who suffers from Crohn's disease and it's a sad situation - anything to aid the research for this is definitely going towards a good cause.

Subway Thursday sounds good!

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks, Teach.

This is just a gentle reminder to head to Subway on Thursday. I'd greatly appreciate your support towards this cause.

Thanks all,

Keeper.

P.S. I think 6-inches are good for a 50 cent contribution. So don't think you must get a footlong . . . even though it'd be better. :)

Thanks, Regs, for fixing the date.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper,

I have participated in the art of sandwich making on this particular day and it was fun, busy but fun. It is an excellent cause. I'm a Subway fan anyway, so today is just a bonus.

:wa: banana peppers please:wa:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuking Zoo

Subway is a mad house in Richmond today, but none the less $3.50 donated to the kids from KNVB's office of 5. I'm a bit disappointed in the girls only wanting 6" not the foot long :eek: This would never have happened if I worked in Surrey :rolleyes:

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Of course not, we all know Surrey girls (cough, hack, your sister, cough, hack, and wife, cough) love the footlong. :wa:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done.

Thank you very much, everyone, for your support this year. I greatly appreciate your respect and motivation in helping out with this cause.

Many sincere thanks,
Keeper.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper

As much as we do battle Keeper, your dedication into raising money for Children's disease research must be applauded. Good Job.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks again.

Thank you for your kind thoughts, Gurps, however I must admit my motivation for doing so isn't completely altruistic.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
September 18th, 2003

Hello Everyone,

This year's Subway-Day for C.H.I.L.D. (see way above for explanation), is September 18th -- today. If you haven't managed to bag any lunch from home today, I respectfully ask that you shop at Subway. For each footlong purchased $1 will be donated to the C.H.I.L.D. foundation, an organization focused on raising awareness and promoting research into intestinal (primarily Crohns Disease and Ulcerative Colitis) and liver disorders.

So please tell all your friends/co-workers/loved-ones to shop at Subway. And if you can't make it for lunch, try it for dinner.

I'll be glad you did.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good call Keeper

In view of the fact I can't eat wheat (bread), I am sure McDirty will buy two today just for you.

Good thing to do though, Keeper!!!

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
keeper,

you will be happy to know that a mate and I are off to Subway for lunch today....:)

managerwholikesagoodcause

here is a picture of manager before going to subway for lunch:)

here is a picture of manager with sub stuffed in his mouth:D

here is a picture of manager 2 hours later with indigestion:(

cumon reccos, have a sub...do it for the kids

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
mmmmm....roasted chicken

Keeper:

Despite the fact that your dad owns the franchise that you've been working selflessly to promote :D I took the plunge and went for the foot-long roasted chicken. Worked reasonably well with the dijon horseradish, too. Now we know how you're paying for your misspent education......:p

As the parent of a child with encopresis and having a brother with IBS, there is actually more than a bit of significance in this event for me. Thanks for reminding the rest of us sheep that charity occasionally needs a kickstart in the ass (pun intended). I've spread the word around my office, and have seen a number of folks coming back on the Jared diet.

Thanks,

Stew:cool:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts