Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sensei's Lines of the Night - Champ v. Chump

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Apprentice has made an appearance and has this to say.. I think Jason Williams deserved a champ of the night Honorable Mention for the grizz's game vs Sacramento. He shot poorly but still had a good game, looked stoned and made mike bibby look like he was in High school . He scored the winning basket just after leaving Bibby's underwear at the top of the key . He was also known for meeting up with myself and c-webb during road trips to Vancouver. Good Times.;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Something a little different....

Chump of the Night - Sensei, I can't ignore this. I have to give the Chump of the Night to the entire Chicago Bulls team who scored a total of SIX fcuking points in the third quarter of a loss to a very tired New Jersey team. They incidentally were annihilated 100 - 68. Fcuking awful.

The Bulls were outscored, 24-6, in the period, making just 3-of-18 shots while comitting nine turnovers.

Like I said, fcuking awful.

Captain

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain,

Agreed. The Bulls are awful. I'd like to see them rival the Grizzlies consecutive losing streak, which I believe is at 23 games. That would be pefect for Fat Fcuk Krause. They have been deemed the Collective Chump of the Night.

Now for the Champ of the Night : Brent Barry, Seattle.

Great night for Rick Barry's kid as he scores 31, pulls down 10 and dishes six as the Supes down Western Conference leaders Minnesota, 112-102. Big win for the Sonics. I was leaning to giving honors to Mike Finley of Dallas (career high 39 points against the Warriors) or the Celtic's Paul Pierce (33 points including a game-winning layup over Zo and the Heat), but the Sonics victory over a smoking hot T-Wolves team pushed them one game closer to .500 after a very poor start to the season. So Barry gets the honors.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Possibly the most exciting point gaurd in the NBA, Stevey Franchise out for 4-6 weeks. Sensei do you think this will hurt the Rockets chances of a play-off spot if they get on a cold streak?

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They're done

I wacthed the Kings-Rockets game last night and suddenly realized something - without Franchise and Cut Mobley in the lineup, the Rockets become a very, very average team.

Their frontcourt is the thing that won't allow them to go anywhere in the West. When you have to face Webber, Garnett, Malone, Wallace and Shaq 2-4 times each, you can't counter with Kelvin Cato and Kenny Thomas. Thomas is doing well, but Cato has been an enigma ever since he came into the NBA. And the only bench relief these guys get is in the form of Jason Collier.

Then you have Glen Rice, who has been in a steady decline since he left Charlotte. He was once in the same sharpshooter class as Reggie Miller....but lately, with the weight he's put on, he's starting to look like Oliver Miller. He can't get his own shots off anymore, the athleticism isn't there. And he's their starting SF, with no real backup (rookie Eddie Griffin is a ways away yet) to fill the void.

As for their bench, guys like Moochie Norris, Walt Williams and Oscar Torres do well with the limited talents they possess, but its not enough to get in the win column.

You're going to see them lose boatload of games while Mobley and Francis sit. They're the two guys who make the rest of the Rockets better. Without them, its a bunch of journeymen trying to play above their heads.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Champ of the Night : Peja Stojakovic, Sacramento Kings

Nice night for the sweet-shooting Euro, putting down 32 points and chipping in with six boards. Peja has been a major force for the Kings while Webber sits with the ankle sprain. Their win over Dallas tonite pushed the Kings to a 12-4 record and into second place in the Western Conference.

Chump of the Night : Pat Riley, Miami Heat

On a night where several players were deserving of Chumpdom, Coach Riley takes the cake. With a 78-72 loss to which was the worst team in the NBA - Chicago - Riles has his team at 2-12, now tied with the Bulls for the worst record in the Eastern Conference. It is quite pathetic that a team which can start Eddie Jones and Alonzo Mourning can lose to a team which starts Trenton Hassel and Brad Miller - you have to wonder if Riley's job is on the line.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree kind of.....

Sensei,

Coach Riley(my favorite NBA coach of all time) has not been given a lot of talent. All the guys over the last few years have not been exceptional, starting with Mourning. He has never had his teams healthy for long periods of time but did manage to make the team competitive over the last 5 years. This year is the exception. The reality is, he doesn't have a lot of talent on the team. Look at the fcuking line-up he had to field tonight......

LaPhonso Ellis 37 2-3 0-0 0-0 1 5 2 3 1 2 4
Sean Marks 20 0-4 0-0 0-0 0 4 1 2 0 1 0
Alonzo Mourning 18 5-7 3-4 0-0 4 7 0 6 0 4 13
Anthony Carter 27 4-10 2-2 0-0 1 7 3 3 1 3 10
Eddie Jones 45 6-15 2-3 1-4 1 3 5 3 1 3 15
Chris Gatling 26 3-8 3-4 0-0 1 5 0 5 0 3 9
Rod Strickland 28 6-12 1-1 0-1 0 2 5 3 0 3 13
Vladimir Stepania 30 3-8 2-2 0-0 3 10 1 5 0 0 8
Eddie House 9 0-5 0-0 0-1 0 0 2 1 0 0 0
Ernest Brown DNP - Coach's Decision
Tang Hamilton DNP - Coach's Decision
Sam Mack DNP - Coach's Decision

Tang 'poon' Hamilton, Sam Mack Daddy, Ernest'goes to camp'Brown? Are you kidding me? This is a shocking team and Mourning is still not healthy from his kidney ailment..... LaPhonso Ellis is a 31 year old in a 50 year old body(I think I know someone else like that), Sean Marks is from New Zealand for fcuk sake, and he didn't score a fcuking point in 20 minutes of action. So before bashing my favorite coach of all time, cut him some slack because he is working with a line-up that has less talent than the Memphis Grizzlies. You can't deny that.....

Coach Riley

This is the chump from New Zealand......A typical 6'10" white guy who tries to play the perimeter.......They're a dime-a-dozen nowadays in the NBA.....

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Riles was a great coach but is clearly past his prime. Regardless of how much (or how little) talent you think he currently has at his disposal, its still waaay less than the Bulls. He's got two upper-echelon NBA players in Eddie Jones and Alonzo Mourning, although they're not playing nearly as well as they should be of late.

As for Riles, he's admitted to being burnt out, and simply incapable of finding a way to grind victories out of the team he has. Sad, really, for one of the NBA's legendary bosses.

ps - if we're gonna start a bad hair pic posting frenzy, let's start a whole 'nother thead altogether.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bone idle....

Sir,

While I do know from experience that your sloth knows no limits, surely even you needn't be so lazy as to abbreviate (a)'nother. Christ you make me so cross. Or is that just one of your hip hop stylistic embellishments?

I demand answers, Fastshow.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
fo'sheezy

I'll kindly ask you to stop frontin' on my shite. I shall add and subtract letters as I please, so get the fiznuck off my dilznick. Hater.

English and ebonix do mix,
-Sensei.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Champ of the Night : Paul Pierce, Boston Celtics

Saw extended highlights of this one....oh my. Pierce scored two points in the first half, and finished the game with 48. Wow. 12 rebounds and three steals to boot. The Celts were down by 17 in the third quarter, before Pierce starting on his one-man comeback. Simply amazing.

Chump of the Night : Antawn Jamison, GS Warriors

Saw extended lowlights of this one....oh no. Jamison goes 0-11 shooting en route to a zero-point, zero-steal, zero-assist, five-rebound night in just 24 minutes of action. Warriors get crushed by the Mavs, 111-82.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For tonight.....

Champ of the Night : Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas Mavericks

Just a matter of time before I gave it to the big Kraut. Led the way with 32 points and 14 boards as the Mavs beat the Kings 120-114 to stay within striking distance of second place in the West. Nash was worth a mention as he popped for 31.

Chump of the Night : Jalen Rose, Indiana Pacers

Amid talks that he and coach Isiah Thomas are feuding, Rose put in his worst effort of the season with a 4-11 shooting performance that netted him eight points. Only a single assist and five rebounds to boot. The Pacers got throttled by the Clippers, 103-72. Ugly loss for Indiana.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Choice were pretty good BUT

Sensei,

I have been waiting for some time now to post this guy as the
Chump of the Night
so here he is.

Mike Bibby - 1/5 field goals, 2 pts and 4 turnovers in 30 minutes of action. Fcuking awful

Champ of the Night - Nowitzki's teammate and good Canadian kid, Steve Nash , who racked up 31 points on 12/17 shooting(4/5 on 3pters), while dishing out 6 assists.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
here we go...

Champ of the Night : Andre Miller, Cleveland Cavaliers

Great night for the former Utah Utes star. In 35 minutes, the most underrated PG in the NBA had 34 points on 12-of-16 shooting, 11 assists, eight rebounds and three blocks to get the Cavs past a strong Pistons team 100-88. Two assists away from a triple-double. Nice.

Chump of the Night : Ray Allen, Milwaukee Bucks.

Ugh. 4-20 from the field with only 10 points to show. The Bucks have lost five straight and Jesus Shuttlesworth's poor play has a lot to do with it. Last night capped off his week-long stretch of sub-par play, as the usually reliable sharpshooter went 1-for-14 from behind the three-point arc. Brutal.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Champ of the Night : (tie) Gary Payton, Sonics and Shaquille O'Neal, Lakers

Just huge numbers from both guys last night. The Glove put up a triple-double with 21 points, 15 rebounds and 12 assists. The Big Aristotle put down 46 points on (this is sick) 18-23 shooting. He missed 5 shots all night. Something else to consider about Shaq's performance - he went a putrid 10-22 from the FT line, good for 45%.

Chumps of the Night : Tom Gugliotta, Bo Outlaw, Jake Tsakalidis, Phoenix Suns

These chumps are the reason Phoenix isn't going anywhere in the West. With 65 minutes played between them, the guys who make up the Phoenix frontcourt grabbed a collective 10 rebounds, one less than the Nets Aaron Williams, who pulled down 11 in 24 minutes of action. This was supposed to be a big game for both teams after the Marbury-Kidd trade, but it became a rebounding show at the Nets beat the Suns on the glass 55-42. And the Nets won the game, 106-87.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Champ of the Night : Vince Carter, Toronto Raptors

Vinsanity did it all last night. 42 points, 15 rebounds. He hit three free throws with no time left on the clock to send the game into overtime, then won the game on a last-second three pointer which sealed an overtime Raps victory. Six assists, five steals and two blocks to boot - he also counted for nearly half of his team's 98 points. No contest for Champ of the Night honors.

Chump of the Night : Derek Fisher, LA Lakers

If there's one guy who is completely overrated as a player, its Dee-Fish. I cannot stand this guy. He flops, he whines, and his ability to hit wide-open three pointers is so hyped by the media, its sick. Well, the Fish showed his true colors last night, as the Lakers lost to one of the few teams who can be considered upper-echelon NBA teams - the Kings. Fish went 3-12 shooting, and 3-of-7 from three point land in 30 minutes of action. I'm sure there were worse players out there on the night, but I felt like picking on the Fish. Boo fish. Boo.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
apologies

Sorry for the lack of Chump and Champ of the Night updates during the holiday season. I have been neglecting my duties as a basketball moderator due to a variety of unforseen circumstances which have not allowed me to spend the required 'net time surfing various websites for NBA news and boxscores.

This feature will return on the evening of Janurary 2nd, 2002, and will once again become a regular TTP daily feature.

Apologies again to my fans (or my lone fan, KNVB)

Happy new year,
-Sensei.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0