Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Seattle to host 2009 MLS Cup

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seattle to host 2009 Major League Soccer Cup

Seattle to host 2009 Major League Soccer Cup

The rumors have been swirling around for a while now that Seattle Sounders FC and Qwest Field were in the final group being considered for hosting the 2009 Major League Soccer championship (MLS Cup) on November 22, 2009. Last night KING 5 TV broadcast the news for the first time that Seattle was chosen to host the prestigious final. It was also blogged here.

Fans in the GOALSeattle forums have been following the events leading up to what should be an announcement from the league and the Sounders within the next few days.

In recent seasons MLS have held the final in various smaller stadiums clubs have built with soccer as the main tennant. Last year the Columbus Crew hoisted the cup at LA's Home Depot Center.

Qwest Field would be one of the larger stadiums to ever host the cup. The 67,000 seats come along with a Field Turf surface. It is not known if the league will ask or require Qwest Field to bring in sod for the match.

Sounders FC and Seattle became contenders to host the match after the club's season ticket sales soared. The Sounders are nearing their cap of 22,000 season tickets sold and have already sold out their home opener March 19th.

It will be the first major league championship of any kind hosted at the downtown Seattle venue.

Might be something to go see next November...would be cool if TFC get's in... I won't hold my breath!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TFC?

With the Caps now in for 2011 :D I hope TFC loses every game they play.

:D

They would have to bring in a grass pitch!

the_monk9725

Oct 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
TFC?

With the Caps now in for 2011 :D I hope TFC loses every game they play.

:D

They would have to bring in a grass pitch!

After two awful and disappointing seasons, TFC is going all the way this year and will have a decent run in the CONCACAF champions league. The are gonna walk all over Montreal and Vancouver in the champions league qualifiers, unlike last year.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts