Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish Premier League News 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would think it only be fair that Dundee and Dunfermline play something like a home and home playoff to see who goes into the SPL.

Tragic.

There is a good possibility we will go into Division 3 as apparently a lot of Division 1 clubs are also against the idea of Rangers parachuting into Division 1 next year.
Personally I think its fcuking stupid but can understand their concern I guess regarding promotion or relagation with us in the mix in that division.
The money from gate and TV revenues you would think would at least justify it over the season.
Putting us in Division 3 makes no sense to anyone IMHO.
But, again, I can respect people's reasonings on the matter.

Just fcuking tragic.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just to prove I'm not sectarian.....and never have been. Fcuk the Newco.

It really is a shame that so much cheating went on behind the scenes but teams have to follow rules. It looks like third division football is the only way to go for the Newco. FTN. ;)

I feel bad for the good Rangers supporters on this site as that certainly is a kick in the stones for all of you who have been passionate supporters for a long time. I remember Celtic going through their major troubles in the mid-nineties.....not due to cheating mind you but it was terrible.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This whole thing is so diabolical, twisted, and ugly.

I already had not much more than a passing interest in Scottish football since the gutting uefa cup final loss for Rangers and the absolute massive drop off in quality of players featuring for either side of the old firm that soon followed ... But this is my last straw. For the club I supported to dodge taxation, cheat the rules and pay players mysteriously etc just cheapens the accomplishments that we all held in such high regard. I guess I'm not much of a "supporter" then. But what other choice do I really have?
I feel worst for Super Ally. He's given his all to this club and truly invested his future in this club since he and Walter came back for round two. What's he to do now?
Such a sad scenario all the way around...and how any of this pre, present, and future is good for Scottish football is anyone's guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not a massive supporter / follower of Scottish football but the thing that worries me is what will happen to the top flight of Scottish football as a whole if Rangers are out of it ?? Obviously, Celtic & Rangers are the two biggest draws in the competition thus supplying all teams with revenue generated from TV money. Sky ??

What happens now ?? Does TV significantly cut back on their next contract until Rangers are back in the top flight ??

I think it's time to bring Buckfast in & sort this shite out ;)

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Rangers get accepted back into the SFA and have to start in div 3, is there even a point to this? It will be slaughterings for years until they're back up top. I hear rumors of them joining league 1 in England, is that even a possibility?

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would think Celtic joining League 1 would be more of a possibility but I never thought of Rangers going to England.

This every day soap opera is a joke.
Can we fcuking move on please?
Jesus Christ.

Acting on bad advice is not necessarily cheating.
And, I've heard Rangers are not the only British Club to have used EBTs and are watching the Rangers case with quite a bit of interest.
Does it taint our trophies - Yes.
I'm not so sure about the cheating label.
Not paying your bills, walking away, and screwing people over though is piss poor and embarassing in any walk of life.

BringbackBuckfastforever :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It won't be the best for Scottish football but as JBN has said, it is already ****ing rubbish. Bottom line is someone cheated and is being punished for it. If it was Celtic, then they should be punished too. Simple really. I'm support Club 12 next year. Far less pressure.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BBC Sport - Rangers: Does life in Division Three beckon?

When Rangers newco start in the Third Division in a about 6 weeks, they will be playing some quality teams at some top quality parks. That first game away at Galabank in front of 475 hostile Annan Athletic fans will be fantastic. Very much like an Auld Firm game at Parkhead, but with 60,357 less fans and even worse football. The only thing I'm happy about in this whole situation is that Partick Thistle has now vaulted from the 3rd best team in Glagow into now being the 2nd best team. Get us up to the SPL and we could soon be the Top Team that plays in Glasgow. :D

JAGS, President of the Partick Thistle Supporters Club (North Vancouver Chapter)

ps. Memberships to the PTSC (North Vancouver Chapter) can be secured at the Nations Cup Beer Garden in two weeks. Entry fee is one beer to JAGS and the first one to buy me one instantly vaults you into Vice-President of the PTSC (North Vancouver Chapter). Second person to buy me one instantly becomes Secretary of The PTSC (North Vancouver Chapter). You get the drill. If I get 10 beers that day, we might even even have an AGM on the Sunday in the Beer Garden to determine if we can expand to the PTSC (Surrey Chapter) ........... I'm sure Rangerforever (soon to be PartickThistleforever) might be interested in running that Chapter.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
'mon the Plastic Whistles...

Jags, I'll buy you a beer if you buy me two...:D

Trece ..... clearly you have some Scottish Blood with negotiation skills like that. We will discuss this over a few pints in the Garden.

Plastic Whistles aka The Harry Wrags!!!!!!

I might even dust off my Alan Rough 1971 Thistle jersey for Nations. I believe that was the year we thumped Celtic 4-1 in the League Cup Final.

JAGS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0