Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish Premier League News 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Irony (from the Ancient Greek εἰρωνεία eirōneía, meaning hypocrisy, deception, or feigned ignorance) is a situation, literary technique, or rhetorical device, in which there is an incongruity or discordance that goes strikingly beyond the most simple and evident meaning of words or actions. Verbal and situational irony is often intentionally used as emphasis in an assertion of a truth. The ironic form of simile, or the irony of sarcasm or litotes may involve the emphasis of one's meaning by deliberate use of language that states the direct opposite of the truth, or drastically and obviously understates a factual connection.

BBC Sport - Football - Robbie Keane named SPL player of month for March

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No need to rub it in. The league was won in February. However, I love this line from the Arabs' manager re: Scott "Remedial" Brown:

"Scott Brown was trying to wind up our players today by patting his bum pretending that he had our players in his back pocket.

I just told our players to tell him that we still had a chance to win something this season"

After the season Celtic has had, this pr1ck is patting his back pocket. Arse of the heighest order. BTW this is Celtic's captain. Epitomizes the state of the nation at the San Giro.

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
No need to rub it in. The league was won in February. However, I love this line from the Arabs' manager re: Scott "Remedial" Brown:

"Scott Brown was trying to wind up our players today by patting his bum pretending that he had our players in his back pocket.

I just told our players to tell him that we still had a chance to win something this season"

After the season Celtic has had, this pr1ck is patting his back pocket. Arse of the heighest order. BTW this is Celtic's captain. Epitomizes the state of the nation at the San Giro.

I would take Scott Brown any day on my team. He is one of the few that cared and if we had him in the line up all year....but I digress.

Congrats on the league, good luck in the off season. I think it wil have it's challenges for your club. I think the greatest signing your lot can make would be to hang on to Walter Smith. He is the glue.

Anyway, I will go back to sweeping my own front porch. :D

HJ

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seattle Sounders v Glasgow Celtic at Qwest field Sunday, July 18th. Seattle v Boca Juniors in May as well.

Bucky, Guiness, JBN, RF you are welcome to attend. :D

There you go I threw you a softball.....fire away. :)

HJ

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saw Chelsea vs Shellick a few years back in Seattle and I'm still trying to figure out how to get my eyes to heal/get my day back...

brutal game, brutal attendance, brutal atmosphere... waste of time.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really?

I saw the Hoops play Man U there and thought it was fantatsic atmosphere.
The game was good too except Man U were a bit much for the Tic to handle.

Sad part is its the same weekend as Nations Cup?
Too bad - I'd have loved to go.

And cheers Captain, class, :)
RF

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saw Chelsea vs Shellick a few years back in Seattle and I'm still trying to figure out how to get my eyes to heal/get my day back...

brutal game, brutal attendance, brutal atmosphere... waste of time.

Saw the Barca v seattle game last year. Great 1st half with all Barca regulars playing.

I think the fact that it is Seattle playing then the game actually means something to both teams unlife the Celtic v Man U and v Chelsea.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seattle Sounders v Glasgow Celtic at Qwest field Sunday, July 18th. Seattle v Boca Juniors in May as well.

Bucky, Guiness, JBN, RF you are welcome to attend. :D

There you go I threw you a softball.....fire away. :)

HJ

That's ****ing Nations Cup weekend...........:mad: WTF? Decisions.......

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really?

I saw the Hoops play Man U there and thought it was fantatsic atmosphere.
The game was good too except Man U were a bit much for the Tic to handle.

Sad part is its the same weekend as Nations Cup?
Too bad - I'd have loved to go.

And cheers Captain, class, :)
RF

Totally agree, big man. The atmosphere was excellent for the Man U game despite the 4 - 0 pumping. The Chelsea game was decent too(4-2 if I'm not mistaken) but didn't have the same type of crowd. Probably had a lot of dead beats like JBN in attendance which might explain the atmosphere. :D

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Totally agree, big man. The atmosphere was excellent for the Man U game despite the 4 - 0 pumping. The Chelsea game was decent too(4-2 if I'm not mistaken) but didn't have the same type of crowd. Probably had a lot of dead beats like JBN in attendance which might explain the atmosphere. :D

Speaking of atmosphere. Went to the Bayern Munich/VfL Bochum game last Saturday. Wow. What a stadium, what a team, what a support. I love Jose, but I have a new found fondness for Bayern. Hope they win the CL.

Will see Rangers/Celtic on telly in Cologne (good huns and keeping on topic). Then Hadjuk game this Saturday. Booyah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts