Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish Premier League News 2008/2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is both terrible, but not particularly shocking.
In fact did Buckfast not predict something?

The fact remains that this is probably hooliganism-in-football-in Western Europe's last stand, and only because it is fueled and fired by allegiances based on Religion. Anywhere else this remains in the world is also based on Religion (Turkish Orthodox vs Muslim, and elsewhere)

BOTH sides have knuckle-draggers that have no idea about the battle, king "billy", and so on and so forth. They (both sides) highlight portions or ALL OF Christiandom's often bleak and marred history and use it against each other to fuel hatred and so on.

Bigots. They should be named, shamed, jailed and castrated in the public square for all to see, and to ensure none of these maggots can reproduce and further contribute to an already shallow gene pool. :(

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Polska......sadly that is common in the Occupied Six..........particularly in that part. Sickening but those Catholics are fcuking terrible people.

As for Strachan, great news. Resigning so quickly might explain his decision making over the last 6 weeks in particular.......didn't seem to give a fcuk and his actions yesterday showed that.

As for replacements, lots of names...but I would not expect to see McGhee. Coyle from Burnley is another one been mentioned.......Who the fcuk knows who it is but I'm guessing they'll have someone within a couple of days........:eek:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why not McGhee?

Can't see it, Bucky. They will be looking for someone to attempt to please the supporters since so many were not happy with Strachan. He is an ex-Celt obviously and has managed in the SPL but I would see them going for Mowbray before McGhee......Mowbray had more experience at a 'higher level', also played for Celtic........BUT just got relegated. That might not be a good thing.

As for Owen Coyle and Burnley, I can't even see why he would want to go to Celtic when he could try his first EPL gig at Burnley. In terms of the bookies right now.......Owen Coyle is even money and Tony Mowbray is 5/2. They are the leading two at the moment at least in terms of betting.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree. No chance of Owen Coyle. Champions League be damned. He has to have a crack at the EPL after getting them there. What an accomplishment btw. By all reports, they play a cracking style of football too. One commentator referred to it "Barca-esque". Dont remember St Johnstone looking Catalonian. Good for him.

Tony Mowbray. Blah. Fcuking boring personality. Rumblings on BBC about Moyes and McCarthy. Can't see that happening, particularly Moyes. Sadly, managing small EPL clubs are bigger draw than the Auld Firm. Wait to you see the summer signings for further proof. Big news from Ibrox is Zak Whitbread and Chris Brunt en route. Give me strength. I think our best bit of summer business is keeping Boughera. He was immense yesterday. As was Papac. Can't believe the overall performance, really. I was a real treat not yell at my poor laptop for 90 mins.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree. No chance of Owen Coyle. Champions League be damned. He has to have a crack at the EPL after getting them there. What an accomplishment btw. By all reports, they play a cracking style of football too. One commentator referred to it "Barca-esque". Dont remember St Johnstone looking Catalonian. Good for him.

Tony Mowbray. Blah. Fcuking boring personality. Rumblings on BBC about Moyes and McCarthy. Can't see that happening, particularly Moyes. Sadly, managing small EPL clubs are bigger draw than the Auld Firm. Wait to you see the summer signings for further proof. Big news from Ibrox is Zak Whitbread and Chris Brunt en route. Give me strength. I think our best bit of summer business is keeping Boughera. He was immense yesterday. As was Papac. Can't believe the overall performance, really. I was a real treat not yell at my poor laptop for 90 mins.

Who and who? :confused:

As for Mowbray, I agree. Moyes has already said he has no interest in leaving Everton and I don't think McCarthy is a way they are going. I have a feeling they're going to select a manager which will be a big surprise but who knows. The good thing is that Strachan is on his way out and surely the club can hopefully try and move forward now?

Bougherra is a rock in the back....that's why I was happy when he received his initial red card in the previous game. Papac is more inconsistent from the games I've seen but obviously can be a good defender. As for the rest......:eek: They're as bad as Naylor/McManus/O'Dea.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't see it, Bucky. They will be looking for someone to attempt to please the supporters since so many were not happy with Strachan. He is an ex-Celt obviously and has managed in the SPL but I would see them going for Mowbray before McGhee......Mowbray had more experience at a 'higher level', also played for Celtic........BUT just got relegated. That might not be a good thing.

As for Owen Coyle and Burnley, I can't even see why he would want to go to Celtic when he could try his first EPL gig at Burnley. In terms of the bookies right now.......Owen Coyle is even money and Tony Mowbray is 5/2. They are the leading two at the moment at least in terms of betting.

David Moyes played for Billy McNeill?

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Riiiight. I heard Jesus Christ was also interested in the job.

Enough of the bong and clear your heed, Heanjob.

McGhee Loyal

Well JC is too busy these days so I doubt it.

Just because Wally Waistcoat will be around for another year must be inspirational.

Gotta wonder if Tommy Burns might of gotten the job if he was still alive.

Desperate times my friend.

You heard it here first, Craig Levein.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0