Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish Premier League News 2002/03

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Come on Bucky, you're far too smart to think we'd be wound up by that nonsense.

Last season when the Rangers had their good Euro run ( Uefa quarter-finals?) we beat your mob by something like 20 points.

This season you won the league by pipping us on a goal difference of 1 during a season in which we reached a European Final. And we congratulated you. Caniggia was right.

ps, A Sactarian is a man with 70 year-old balls.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's really getting auld

Rangers are not doing well financially??? Wow, now tell us something we don't know... It gets real boring when Celtic has nothing to cheer about other than "in the running" for a good samaritan award!!!:rolleyes:

Congrats on not fighting, looting or damaging property to a city that is hosting the Cup final... It should be called the "Un-English award"!!!:eek:

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Real News

Thursday, June 12, 2003

Celtic captain Tom Boyd tonight announced his retirement from the game after a distinguished career in Scotland and England.

The former Scotland, Chelsea and Motherwell defender was told at the end of the season he would not be offered a new contract.

That sparked speculation he would move to another top club in a player-coach role and Motherwell and Falkirk both approached him.

But the 37-year-old has decided the time is right to stop playing and concentrate on a career in coaching.

'Tom had a couple of offers to continue in a playing-coaching position,' his agent Blair Morgan said. 'But he just felt he couldn't perform at the same high level as he has done for several years at Celtic.

'Rather than short-change himself and any club he has decided that it's time to call it a day and retire from professional football.

'He has gone away with his family and when he returns he is obviously hoping to be able to find a role in a coaching capacity in Scotland and he does want to continue in the game.

'We will see what offers are available when he comes back. He is enjoying himself at the moment and that can wait for the time being. He just feels he cannot play at the standard he would want to, but he definitely wants to stay in the game.'

The former international captain is not likely to be short of job offers and he will assess his situation in a fortnight.

'We will see what is open to him,' added Morgan. 'The offers he had were very much as a player and a bit of coaching.

'But what he wants is a coaching position and hopefully something will come up for him soon. He wants to stay in Scotland and is well settled in Glasgow so hopefully something will come up.'

Boyd was a good player for the bhoys over the years and served the team well.

Parkhead

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whats this.

Celtic are planning to move for Manchester United skipper Roy Keane after allowing Neil Lennon to quit the club. The Northern Ireland midfielder is a target for Wolves and Manchester City. (Daily Star)

When did Lennon quit?

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe that is a little premature. I have not heard that Lennon quit. But at the end of the year there was a lot of speculation that he would probably be better off moving on. Too much trouble. Funny that, hey Guinness. Just because he is Catholic he is being forced out.
QUOTE]Consider yourself a lucky cnut (like I do) and stop bringing religion and sectarianism into football all of the time... [[/QUOTE]

It is a fact that it is in the game over there. Way of life that will not change anytime soon.

However I do not think I will see the day that Roy Keane will be wearing the hoops. Cost to much money. But wouldn't that be nice to see. I wonder how long it would take him to get sent off in an Auld Firm match?;)

Parkhead
]

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is that the Pope and the Queen shaking hands and agreeing? No it is just the Captain and Guinness agree!!:rolleyes:

Parkhead

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers complete Capucho deal

Rangers have signed Portuguese international Nuno Capucho from Porto on a two-year deal.

The 31-year-old striker jetted into Glasgow last night and, after lengthy negotiations with club officials, has agreed to become manager Alex McLeish's first signing of the summer.

The treble winners are believed to have agreed a fee of nearly #670,000 with UEFA Cup winners Porto to secure his services.

Capucho said: 'I have already signed a two-year contract for Glasgow Rangers and I am now doing the medical tests.

'I have spoken to the Rangers representatives and they told me to play good football and have pleasure representing Rangers.'

I fear the medical results!!!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Decent signing for the blue noses.

As for the main team in Glasgow , what about a bid for Steve McMannaman(sp?). Surely with Beckham going to Real now, his time which was already low, will drop more. Is that a possibility or are we looking at too much money? Jinky? Steve1234? Parkhead?

Captain

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He's a plonker ......

what about a bid for Steve McMannaman

I'm sure they'd offer Real at least a packet of deep fried Mars bars for him ......... if not, try and sway them with some Tenents

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Would be a great signing for the right price. But I am sure some England clubs would have first shot. Would not surprise me if United included him in the Beckham deal.

Parkhead

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Give your head a shake man .........

Parkhead,

1. McManaman will never play for Manchester United unless we need a new dishwasher at Old Trafford.

2. McManaman has stated many times that he doesn't want to go back to Britain to play (even though Keegan has expressed interest in him). He prefers the footy and lifestyle in Spain ........

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The 2002/03 season is finished so this thread is closed.

Please carry on in the recently created 2003/04 news thread.

~Regs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0