Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish Premier League News 2002/03

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I saw the game and had the injury in question occured later in the game, then perhaps the noble windae tanners would have had a case for their actions. As far as that cnut McCurry was concerned, it was open season on Celtic players. That Ghod was the only casualty in this game is a miracle. Brinquin in particular had only commited four bookable offences by the time of the jaw-break therefore it may not yet have been clear to Livi players that the Referee had given them free reign to act as they wished.

The vigilantes' logic may not be as clear as mine.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Numan's gone

Arthur Numan has stated he will leave Rangers at the end of the summer.
The Dutch International has said he was willing to take a pay cut considering the club's financial woes but the difference was too wide his agent has revealed.

I fear this could be the beginning of the mass exodus.
We desperately have to win the league this year to get into the "A" Cup and get some much needed cash.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers manager Alex McLeish has confirmed there will be no appeal over the Scottish Football Association's decision to ban Lorenzo Amoruso for spitting.

The SFA's disciplinary panel ruled on Tuesday the Italian had been guilty of deliberately spitting on Ayr striker James Grady during a Tennent's Scottish Cup tie on February 22.

Amoruso had denied the allegations and made a personal appearance at the Hampden Park hearing.

But he was handed an automatic two-game ban plus 12 penalty points, which means he will miss Wednesday's game with Motherwell, Sunday's Scottish Cup quarter-final at Dunfermline and subsequent SPL games against Partick and Dundee United.

McLeish said: "There will be no appeal. It is a major blow to lose Lorenzo at this stage of the season."

An appeal would have frozen the ban and allowed the Italian to play on.

That was the tactic employed by Celtic last season when Bobo Balde was found guilty of elbowing Hibernian defender Paul Fenwick.

McLeish had already declared he believed Amoruso was innocent but Rangers appear to have decided it would be better for the player to miss games now rather than run the risk of the appeal failing during the championship run-in, especially with a fourth and potentially title-deciding Old Firm league clash looming.

The player at the centre of the incident has backed the SFA's decision to ban Amoruso.

Grady said: "It is done and dusted now and I would like to draw a line under it.

"The powers that be have had a look at the TV evidence and it is up to them to make a decision, but I think they have made the right one."

The spitting incident had been missed by the referee but caught by BBC TV cameras and Grady made his displeasure known in a post-match interview.

Amoruso had insisted it had been an accident and claimed that Grady had racially abused him, which the Ayr man denied.

In a subsequent interview, Amoruso then claimed Grady was a "mad Celtic fan".

Grady said on Tuesday: "Let's hope things can get back to normal now."

Manky Git.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky

Do you ever have anything of importance to post??? Really, who the fcuk cares about some little spat???:D I'm sure if it was a Celtic player, then you would never have said a word... Then again it couldn't have been one of your beloved bhoys!!! They just drip of class... :rolleyes:
As for dirty fcukers... That Balde cnut is the cheapest bastard I have seen in a long time... He waits until the ball is played up field to attack a player with an elbow or rake across the face!!!
He got away with a few last weekend behind the play...
last season when Bobo Balde was found guilty of elbowing Hibernian defender Paul Fenwick.
The cnut even went after a soft un-assuming Canadian!!!:eek:

CIS League Cup Champs!!!

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky,

Has there been anything reported about that twat Diouf and his spitting incident? Surely he must get something for that one to.:confused:

Parkhead

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two games.

Celtic were fined 3500 pounds by UEFA.

Apparently the crowd he jumped into were well out of order for helping the little shite back to his feet and giving him a pat on the head. Fcuking Europutzs.

Now here's a picture of the best defender in Scotland.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The following article may be of interest to the Auld Firm's bid to join the EPL.

Beckenbauer Upset Over TV Money

Reuters

BERLIN -- Bayern Munich President Franz Beckenbauer threatened on Friday to pull the club out of the Bundesliga and play in Italy if they are forced to give up millions of euros in a controversial television marketing deal.

In an interview with Bild newspaper, Beckenbauer rejected a suggestion Bayern Munich should pay other Bundesliga clubs the 21.5 million euros ($22.83 million) it got for marketing rights through a secret deal with the trouble KirchMedia group.

"They won't get anything back from us," Beckenbauer said, referring to the other Bundesliga clubs that have complained about the secret multi-year deal suspended in December.

"Not a cent. The league didn't lose anything because of our deal with Kirch. We can at most be accused of a violating rules on publishing information, if even that."

Bayern Munich has insisted no one was harmed by the secret deal, but the German Football League (DFL) has to rule whether the Kirch deal contravened the principle of central marketing.

Central marketing, agreed by all clubs, ensures that all the professional clubs benefit from a share of the entire sum generated by television rights.

Asked by Bild if the DFL would demand not only the top fine of 500,000 euros but the Kirch money as well, Beckenbauer said: "Then the Bundesliga will have to see how they'll go on without us. We'll join the league in Italy and play against Juventus, Milan and Rome."

Bild noted that there are cases of clubs that play in leagues in different countries -- Cardiff City and Swansea of Wales play in England.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This could go either way.

If Bayern Munich went for it and was accepted by the Serie A it would do wonders for the Auld Firm's aspirations.

However if they are merely grand-standing (which they are) Uefa would crack down on these threats by writing restrictive language into it's constitution. Then again, the combined financial clout of three or more massive teams could mount a very expensive legal campaign.

Interesting to say the least.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You'll all be pleased to know....

Barry Ferguson just signed a new contrat that has him at Ibrox till 2008 I think.

I saw the tackle last night that got him the red against Dunfermline.
My God, the Govan butcher shop was definitely open.
Soon as he did it he's taking his arm-band off.
Do you think he meant to do it? :rolleyes:
Interesting to see what kind of discipline he gets.

Saw the Caledonian Thistle lads wanking off on the tele too.
Actually so was I come to think of it. :p
I've never been to Inverness but it looks like a beautiful place.
Their ground is right by the ocean high on a ridge near a bridge and looks like a cool place to play a game.
I could think of worse places to get knocked out of cups. :D

Briefly saw the the Scotland list for the upcoming matches and saw some decent names on the list.
A few of the young Celtic and Rangers players seem to have impressed upon Berti.
Good news for clubs and country IMO.
Let's hope they perform.

silver fox

Jun 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCOTLAND 2-ICEFAGGOTS 1

Remain tied with Germany atop the pool. Bring on the squareheads! ( imagine little smilie squarehead being laughed at in this space) :wa:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Diouf reopens Celtic spitting row

Liverpool midfielder El Hadji Diouf claims his confrontation with Celtic supporters would have ended in a brawl had it happened in the street rather than a football stadium.

Diouf: Newspaper interview (AlexLivesey/GettyImages)

The Senegal international spat at Celtic fans during Liverpool's UEFA Cup tie at Celtic Park on March 13 after he was manhandled as he tumbled over advertising hoardings.

Diouf was handed a two-match European ban by UEFA and fined by his club, but is still waiting to hear whether he will face criminal charges from Scotland's procurator fiscal over the incident.

Speaking in Senegal's Sud Quotidien newspaper, Djouf said: 'I felt threatened and so I spat at the person who was threatening me.

'One thing that's for sure is that if we'd been away from a football ground he wouldn't have dared behave like he did.

'If he'd insulted me like that in the street I would have laid into him, but in the context in which the incident took place, there was nothing I could do.

'Spitting was the only way I could defend myself.

'I do regret what I did and I shouldn't have reacted as I did, but then the Celtic fans shouldn't have got me into that state in the first place.'

That's what I was always taught to do. Whenever I felt threatened, I was always told to spit at someone because it would always calm the situation down. Fcuking cnut.

In other news, the Blue Noses clinched the league today with Celtic's draw at Dundee and the Captain is going to be out a couple of cases of beer......

:confused:

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Treble

In action from the tournament known as, "The Final Prize to the Teddy Bear's Treble (FPTBT)", saw a professional performance from the Gers.

Alex McLeish's heroes strolled a la Real Madrid to a 3-0 quarter-final victory over the Pars. Next up for the gallant warriors is bottom of the league, Motherwell. Ahhh, the God's must be smiling......whom, I am sure are all Masons.

The Cup Runner-Up medal will go to the winner of the Caley Thistle/Dundee fixture. You maybe more familiar with both sides as it relates to Sellicks' recent shite-the-bed performances.

C'mon the Pork Chops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts