Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish League Preseason Banter 2002/03

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya wee beauty.....

Received my NEW Gers' home jersey in Friday's post!!!!

It's a cracker. In fact, it sooooo "phat" it would make the Captain handsome, Jinky slim and Regs looking like a throw back to Dr. J's days in the ABA.

Nice.

Follow, Follow, We will follow Rangers
Everywhere, anywhere, we will follow on
Dundee, Hamilton.....you know the rest

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brutal.....

If this doesn't show how pathetic the SPL is, nothing does.....

Scottish Premier League 2002/2003

Bet Until: 03/08/02 15:00:00

Competitor Price Unit Stake

Celtic 1.61

Rangers 2.20

Aberdeen 151.00

Livingston 201.00

Hibernian 201.00

Hearts 251.00

Kilmarnock 501.00

Partick Th 1001.00

Dunfermline A 1001.00

Dundee 1001.00

Dundee Utd 1001.00

Motherwell 1251.00

Of course, these are the odds for winning the league. In comparison, here are the odds for the English Premiership......

Manchester Utd 2.37

Arsenal 2.62

Liverpool 4.33

Leeds Utd 17.00

Chelsea 17.00

Newcastle Utd 29.00

Tottenham Hotspurs 81.00

Middlesbrough 101.00

Manchester City 101.00

Aston Villa 126.00

West Ham Utd 151.00

Fulham 151.00

Blackburn Rvrs. 151.00

Sunderland 251.00

Southampton 301.00

Everton 301.00

Charlton Ath. 351.00

Bolton Wndrs 501.00

Birmingham City 751.00

West Bromwich Alb. 1001.00

BTW, Bucky, you still owe me $10 for Larsson's successful season. Maybe we can meet on the 12th of July and you can buy me a couple of pints........

Captain

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is pathetic.

Obviously that will change when the Auld Firm got to the EPL or Nationwide league though.

Rumour is Martin O'Neill is locked in at Parkhead for a while and his contract reworked?
Good for the hoopsters I guess.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What is a....

Hoopster? Are you referring to the bead rattling, Great Unwashed or the basketball team from Boston?

In regards to the specky, Tourette's patient who manages Shitic, he'll be away after his contract is up. Your heard it here first.

God Save the Queen.

Buckfast.

PS - Captain, I'm busy on the 12th.....being a Friday night and all. Can we arrange for this pint on the Sunday?

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hullo!....Hullo!.......

A Hoopster or Hoopsters (plural) are green and white mucas filled tubs 'o shite my good man Buckfast who are soon to be dethroned from their lofty perch. :eek:

Although some may argue that 1 out of 3 pieces of silverware does not constitute a lofty perch. :eek:
However, 2 out of 3 pieces of silverware could be served as a better debate. :cool: :cool:

AC Milan 2 Boys in Blue 2.

Fcuking all over them.

Keep your heads up Bhoys.

Here....we....go!

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mucas is normally green isn't it?

OK, OK, OK.

Just a small wee dig to get everybody's attention.
Maybe a bit offside as well.

I think my opinion on the mob fe' Parkheed is well documented.

The last thing I need is to feel the wrath of my idol here on this site.
I mean, other than Ally McCoist, you're it in my world Jinks.

Looking forward to this year's SPL and getting a little excited to say the least.

All in jest and love and kisses, :)

NoClassForever.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And to think I patronized a TTP sponsor by having lunch at a certain Guilford area Irish themed restraunt yesterday.

My my.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The guilt trip continues........

With much thanks mate.

BTW, you will note my love of the Irish with respect to this mentioned themed restaurant which sponsors TTP.....

Also, have I ever told you I'm a half breed?

Grasping at all straws for forgiveness,

RF

My father he was orange, my mother she was green..........

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you father was a hun, your mum a tim, does that make you a Jackass?

C'mon the Gers.

BTW, Klos had a blinder yesterday. Could easily have been a loss. Good 1st half, shite 2nd.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It makes me an exceptionally well educated and tolerant 100% Celt.:)

I could also be described as well rounded. ;)

Now go back to tearing Willie Wood Shoes apart because in the end, unfortunately, Ah luv yooo too. :p

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers 2 Linfield 0

Guinnie:

No comments on yesterday's match?

As to which club would you have pledged support to and been their loyalist?

RF

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No SPL?

Scottish clubs plan to quit despite TV deal

GLASGOW (Reuters) - Ten of Scotland's premier league clubs plan to resign from the SPL after failing to resolve their bitter row with Celtic and Rangers. ADVERTISEMENT

All 12 SPL clubs agreed a two-year TV deal with the BBC at a meeting at Hampden Park but failed to find common ground on the issue of the league's voting structure.

As a result, the 10 non-Old Firm SPL clubs confirmed their intention to quit the league, just three days before the start of the new season.

"The 10 SPL clubs do intend to resign in the next 24 hours," said Motherwell administrator Bryan Jackson on the SPL's official website.

The group of 10 first raised the prospect of resigning after Celtic and Rangers blocked the launch of an SPL TV channel in April.

League rules state that two years' notice must be given for clubs wishing to leave the SPL and there are hopes a compromise will be reached eventually.

At present an 11-1 majority is needed to implement a major change such as the TV rights deal, but plans to change to an 8-4 majority were rejected by the two leading Glasgow clubs.

Before Wednesday's meeting, Celtic chief executive Ian McLeod said: "If the disagreement over the SPL's voting structure remains unresolved, I would be in favour of the issue going before the Scottish Football Association and letting them act as independent arbiters.

"We've responded to the SPL request and both Celtic and Rangers have accepted the TV deal that was on the table. But we have to draw a distinction between the current TV deal and the future of the SPL."

TV DEAL

Rangers and Celtic had earlier joined the other 10 clubs in agreeing the new television deal with the BBC worth 17.5 million pounds over two years.

"We are obviously delighted the television deal has been finalised. I think that is what the fans want to hear," said McLeod on the club's official website on Wednesday.

Rangers chairman John McClelland was also happy an agreement had been reached.

"I am delighted that after many months of discussion we have now completed broadcast TV contracts which can only be good for all members of the SPL," he said in a statement.

The package includes live action, highlights and radio coverage. However, the cameras are unlikely to be in place when the Scottish season starts this weekend.

Should be an interesting couple of days before the start of Celtic's third in a row........Somehow Rangers are behind it, so they don't have to tie all the shizer teams that they have tied over the last few years. You know, the ties that found them 18 points behind Celtic at the end of the season. Anyway, would anyone else be interested in seeing 30 auld firm matches this year? I would. However, both teams would have to sign another 22 players each, in order to deal with the injury problems.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The above post would appear to be moot at this point...

The Old Firm today threw their weight behind a TV deal which should end the long-running dispute over rights to screen this season’s SPL matches. Ian McLeod spoke to the press at half-time during the Hoops’ 3-0 friendly win at Love Street to confirm that both Celtic and Rangers have voted to back the league’s recommendation that a deal be signed with the BBC and Setanta Sport.

It looks like Celtic can go on and win its' third championship in a row. Sorry Guinness, Bucky, RF, and any other supporters who are silly enough to follow the 2nd place team in Glasgow....:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts