Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sapperton Bowl 2004

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
AP - Mercer North, New Westminster

Sapperton Premier hammered Sapperton CAT 42- 21 in the inaugural Sapperton Bowl New Years Day 2004.

Covered with a foot of snow, the field conditions were shocking. Sap CAT took advantage of this with its slow, grinding game, but caught Sap Premier by surprise with a 35 yard TD pass from Mike Eskildsen to Aaron Miller (the field was 55 yards long). Luke Hogan was ineffective for Premier in the heavy snow, and the ground game was slowed to a crawl. An interception by Cory Eden on the next set of downs increased the lead to 14-0......

Cue the comeback!!!

After an inspirational rant by Brian Donald (blamed QB Bryan Wevers for a bad pass even though it was a ball he should have caught), Premier torched the CAT DBs for 35 unanswered points. A 30 yard bomb from Wevers to Chad August started the comeback and a nifty, tight-rope, catch in the corner of the endzone by Donald started the rout.

As the snow became trampled down, it was apparent that the Premier speed was too much for the struggling CAT squad. CAT got within 2 TDs on another illegal pick from Ed Fong, but the whipping was complete with a great 25 yard catch by Trevor Todd in the back of the CAT endzone.

Sapperton Premier is now ranked No. 1 in the polls.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB:

A couple of things wrong with your post:

1. you forgot that when I QB'd the CAT team a week ago, we beat you guys.
2. I wasn't playing.

Didn't see your post covering that beating.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not Official

That previous game wasn't an official Sapperton Bowl Series game.

At least you spread the ball around. Ed Fong was invisible today.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ed Fong was invisible today, unlike the game I did the majority of the QBing where I sent the ball his way as I did to the other receivers. Today, CAT had no QB with a game plan.

As to Ed doing "another illegal" pick for a CAT TD- now that is the pot calling the kettle black, you guys picked all day!!!

I noticed they didn't rush on defence either which was a mistake.

Plus, you simply exploited the drunk guy who is not a club player for TD after TD.

L

lilpun79

Being apart of the more dominant side (and now ranked #1) the victory was impressive.
With a slow start by our squad it was apparent that us sticking to the game plan was the deciding factor.
QB-(Payton)Weavers did a good job of spreading the ball around and keeping their defence on their heels.
T-T Sapp was solid on Defence while B. Donald (lott) was a force on defence and offence.
The cat team was very predictable on their play calling and did muster much of a threat with their typical PICKS.

Brad Johnson was also horrible taking the snaps for them.

Not sure if even Reccos would have made much of a difference today going against a solid sap prem.
Maybe Reccos had cold feet??????

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cold feet? Nice try. Coming off an impressive shite kicking of WABs team a week ago, that was hardly the case today.

As you weren't at the prior match I guess you didn't know about the 6 TDs we scored against Bryan Weavers Weevils.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts