Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ryder Cup.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Match 1: Darren Clarke & Thomas Bjorn, Europe, def. Tiger Woods & Paul Azinger, USA, 1-up

The European pair – comprised of the two players on the team who have scored high-profile victories over Woods in the last few years – jumped out ahead on the first hole of the 34th Ryder Cup Matches and hung on to clinch the match on the final green.

Both teams started nervously under overcast skies. Only Bjorn hit the fairway off the first tee, but it was Clarke who put the Europeans ahead with an eight-foot birdie putt. Clarke also birdied the second and third holes, but the two teams halved both. And the Americans pulled even when Azinger drained a 20-foot birdie on the par-4 fourth.

The teams remained all square through seven, and the Americans pulled ahead for the first time when Woods rolled in a 30-foot birdie putt on the par-4 eighth. But the Europeans retied the proceedings on the 10th when Bjorn made the only birdie putt among the four chances in the group. The Dane then put the Europeans back in front by snaking in a 60-footer on the par-3 12th.

The teams split the next several holes, and the match effectively turned on the 16th, when the Europeans went dormie on the Americans with Bjorn knocking his approach shot to two feet and holing the short putt. Both Woods and Azinger missed birdie attempts to fall two behnd with two to play.

The American duo fought back on the par-5 17th with Woods canning a 10-footer for birdie to win the hole. But the teams halved the final hole, giving Europe the first point of the 34th Ryder Cup Matches.
Wodds all time Ryder Cup 3-8-1. Here are the rest of the results.

Match 4: Phil Mickelson & David Toms, USA, def. Padraig Harrington & Niclas Fasth, 1-up

Match 3: Colin Montgomerie & Bernhard Langer, Europe, def. Scott Hoch & Jim Furyk, USA, 4 & 3

Match 2: Lee Westwood & Sergio Garcia, Europe, def. David Duval and Davis Love III, USA, 4 & 3

Match 1: Darren Clarke & Thomas Bjorn, Europe, def. Tiger Woods & Paul Azinger, USA, 1-up

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
first day results

Great one point win for the Euro's, they seem to have cause some problems for the US becuase if you look at who played the morning and afternoon match euro's only made one switch where the Yanks 4, maybe a little panic on the faces of the Yanks. It is still very early tomorrow should be great, fcuk i have to work agian and miss it.

:(

Clarke/Bjorn (-) Verplank/Sutton w2&1
w2&1 Garcia/Westwood (-) Woods/Calcavecchia
A/S Montgomerie/Langer (-) Mickelson/Toms A/S
McGinley/Harrington (-) Furyk/Cink w3&2

Day One Fourballs

w1up Clarke/Bjorn (-) Woods/Azinger
w4&3 Garcia/Westwood (-) Duval/Love III
w4&3 Montgomerie/Langer (-) Hoch/Furyk
Harrington/Fasth (-) Mickelson/Toms w1up

Cheers
JB

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
After Saturday's results.....

Assuming that the US and Europe continue to lead in their current matches, the score should be 8.5 (Europe) to 7.5 (US). Looks like it will be decided by Sunday's singles matches, where the US typically dominant.

For Europe to have any chance, they must split the Sunday singles. The following players must win their singles matches.....

Sergio
Monty
Bjorn
Westwood (good form in Ryder Cup)
Clarke
Langer

I don't see (McGinley, Fasth, Parnevik, Price, Harrington - poor form thus far, and Fulke) getting a win in their singles)
Lets wait and see....go Europe!!!

the power

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Roboto

All square at 8 points each. Should be fun tomorrow. Too fcuking bad the only channel here that carries it is in Japanese. Oh well, Domo a regato.

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The result is in

Was up early this morning to catch the final putt from the Euro's to clinch the tourney!

15 - 12 was the final tally!

Not much else to say as I didn't see any of the matches

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Europe wins!!!! Europe wins!!!!

I'm so glad that Europe came back to win the Ryder Cup, this event is so much about team and emotion. Yes emotion, fist pumping, yelling, screaming, and getting excited.

The Europeans showed much more than the brim touching, head nodding Americans. The Americans didn't visibily express the passion and emotion exhibited by the European team, and consequently were outplayed in the event.

Looking forward to 2004.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
This just in...

The Associated Press is reporting...Mike Weir wins the Bob Hope Classic on the 18th hole. This gives him four career wins, four shy on George Knutsens eight career wins....more to come....

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I fcuking hate losing

This just in... Argyle is a fcuking moron for posting off-topic :mad:

~Regs.

:D

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: This just in...

Originally posted by Argyle
The Associated Press is reporting...Mike Weir wins the Bob Hope Classic on the 18th hole. This gives him four career wins, four shy on George Knutsens eight career wins....more to come....

Argyle, a true fan who knows the difference between the Bob Hope Classic and the Ryder Cup.

Yodaistiredofreadingtheassociatedpressandthinkstheyshouldfireoneofthierwriters.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Regs
This just in... Argyle is a fcuking moron for posting off-topic :mad:
You do have me pegged...
:D
so fine, I will start my own thread then...:p

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: This just in...

Originally posted by Yoda
Argyle, a true fan who knows the difference between the Bob Hope Classic and the Ryder Cup.

Yoda, I didn't realize that the Ryder Cup had started already...:p

It was a great display by Mike Weir though.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0