Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Russia Invades Ukraine

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
As predicted , the narrative is now shifting.
Covid will be buried on the back pages, eventually fizzle out and become an after thought.

There is alot at stake here. This isn't Crimea all over again.

As an observer, the timing is interesting. Wait until your best Friend ( China ) finishes up with the Olympics.

These economic sanctions are a joke. It doesn't take an expert to know Russia is as fairly self sufficient and Putin weighed the Pros and Cons. It likely made his descion to move forward easier which was probably also decided months ago.

The Scary part is and biggest factor is the west. We have never been more divided and weak. If the war evolves these are not the leaders to take it on.

A few predictions.

1) As the west and other nations become more involved and focused on what's happening I predict China will slide in and take over Taiwan.

2)North Korea and the little Guy will get Nuked before joining the party.

3) Alaska and the Part of the BC coast will be put on Alert for potential missle strikes

4) Just so covid doesn't get forgotten about completely. JT will motion for a Draft and it will only include the unvaccinated.

5)Trump will be re elected in 2024

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is a scary time. Way scary and we don't even live in the Ukraine... can't even imagine :(

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is a scary time. Way scary and we don't even live in the Ukraine... can't even imagine :(
Yup. I'm as much Polish as Ukrainian. Lots of relatives I've never even met. Can't help but feel for them. Must be sureal.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
You really would think that at some point, a targeted drop from high in the sky could fall on Putin, sort of like how it did on Kadafi's family. Maybe Putin isn't the scariest Russian, though.

But, I also couldn't figure out how someone couldn't take Trump out.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Taiwan is a bitch to take - there are about four beaches where you can actually land, and the Taiwanese have them defended to the tits. Plus, getting there is no quick hop across the pond, and there are any number of western allies with quality navies - including the Vietnemese, ironically enough - to make that trip hell. The Chinese have never been very good in an actual brawl anyway - they do better with the Sun Tzu shite. They'd have to be prepared to pay a massive price to do it.

The only fringe benefit to this is that wokeism will be exposed for the bile it is. Trudeau going to martial law for the truckers looks awful compared to the Ukraine doing it in response to being invaded. No one is going to care about fcuking personal pronouns for a while now. Cancel culture? Defund the police? 1619 project? We should finally find the jam to tell them to fcuk off.

But most of all, the bloodshed here is on everyone who complained about methane farts from cows and the need to get to net zero and blah blah blah fcuking blah. Putin has the world by the balls because we all listened to a mentally ill 16 year old tell us that oil and gas must stop - now. Of course that's not real world, and he understood this. Germany won't do anything because they need his oil. So too does the US. This happens because Biden showed a deuce seven offsuit when he ran from Afghanistan, and because we have voluntarily ceased producing enough oil for ourselves.

We should be firing up our resource extraction like nobody's business, reversing on the variously cancelled projects, and focusing on real solutions to real world problems. The far lefties have had their fifteen minutes and then some - it's time for them to learn their place.

As for the Ukraine, I'll make a prediction. Putin deposes the current regime and installs a new puppet just in time for the whole area to turn to into a bog - as it does every spring. He leaves enough firepower to hold the place, and indicates that, having assured Russia that the Ukraine will never join NATO, he is prepared to stand down. The west - still reliant on the black nectar - huffs and puffs and launches a barrage of platitudes - but does nothing of consequence and defaults to appeasement.

This happens because the west is currently led by a bunch of pant-shitting low achievers who don't have the balls or the mental acuity to stand up to Putin. Churchill and FDR. As if.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bravo.

The only thing I'll say is Stephen Harper called out Putin when he annexed Crimea.
The ONLY Global leader to do so IMO.
The rest looked the other way while he was the only one with the balls to say it, and keep saying it.
We just don't have the military to back it up, but at least he stood up.

Not that I'm waving my Harper pom poms necessarily, but what I would give to have him back in rather than the fcuking useless sanctimonious hug-a-tree tit we have in Ottawa today.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bravo.

The only thing I'll say is Stephen Harper called out Putin when he annexed Crimea.
The rest looked the other way while he was the only one with the balls to say it, and keep saying it.

Not that I'm waving my Harper pom poms necessarily, but what I would give to have him back in rather than the fcuking useless sanctimonious hug-a-tree tit we have in Ottawa today.
I had the opposite view of Harper as couldn't stand his public stance on sticking his nose into Israel when better to just be quiet at the time.

Plus he was as interesting as wallpaper... true bean counter type personality.

:wa:

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty funny watching Russell Brand on YouTube taking the piss out of Trudeau. He's dedicated his last 2 shows to it.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bravo.

Trump wouldn't have tolerated this either. There's a reason Putin did this now, and why Assad gassed his own people after Obama warned him not to. World despots are keenly aware of which other leaders have a brass set, and which do not...

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty funny watching Russell Brand on YouTube taking the piss out of Trudeau. He's dedicated his last 2 shows to it.
Kelly McParland of the National Post had a great article a day or two ago. Pointed out that middle of the road European (The Economist), financial (WSJ) and even leftist (NYT) publications have all come out and said that Trudeau went way overboard. Hell, the activist lawyer helping the 21 year old with the class-action suit against the truckers even said Trudeau's was a massive overreach.

Trudeau's authoritarianism and sophomorism is on full display for the entire world to see. Love it.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Putin has the world by the balls because we all listened to a mentally ill 16 year old tell us that oil and gas must stop - now. Of course that's not real world, and he understood this. Germany won't do anything because they need his oil. So too does the US. This happens because Biden showed a deuce seven offsuit when he ran from Afghanistan, and because we have voluntarily ceased producing enough oil for ourselves.

Did we voluntarily stop, or did multi-national corporations just move production away from Canada when the price of a barrel of oil dropped below the threshold at which there was money to be made? My understanding is that extracting Canadian bitumen from oil sands is generally more expensive than traditional oil drilling, and the bitumen that comes out takes a lot more refinement to turn into a consumer product than oil that is available in other regions of the world.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did we voluntarily stop, or did multi-national corporations just move production away from Canada when the price of a barrel of oil dropped below the threshold at which there was money to be made? My understanding is that extracting Canadian bitumen from oil sands is generally more expensive than traditional oil drilling, and the bitumen that comes out takes a lot more refinement to turn into a consumer product than oil that is available in other regions of the world.
DOJ didn't bother to show up to at least one of the incessant court challenges by the eco-zealot crowd over Kinder Morgan... the Court was gobsmacked... so yeah, for now we've voluntarily turned tail...

It may be more expensive, but there's still profit to be made at a price point we are about to fly by. Moreover, the apples to apples comparison is producing and refining it on this continent, vs importing it from other continents...

Michael

Jan 25, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't comment much on politics but I'll dab a pinky from time to time. I as well find the woke culture exhausting ie. 'Gender Inclusivity' etc. etc.

However, when people say they want a leader with 'a brass set' are you implying you want some one running the shite show that is willing to risk your own child/sibling/parent's well-being just to prove a political point?

Agreed, history of Germany and the beginnings of WW2 with appeasement and lack of action resulted in catastrophic outcome. That was before everyone had nukes. Are you solid in your belief that a NATO military response now is the best course of action to 'de-escalate' the issue?

I'm not a JT fan, I didn't vote for his party. I do think there is a middle ground to politics though. Trumpism just makes me want to punch an ignorant red hat wearing ass. - sorry flames fans but that includes you.

All conflicts should be settled on the pitch. 1 game winner takes all. We'd all be speaking Spanish.

Last edited:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0