Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Running

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is somthing that all footy players hate to do, but it is a means to an end (trying to get fit).

I will bring up a huge event that will be taking place in Vancouver next Sunday, The Adidas International Marithon.

Mrs. HOS and friedbread are running in it from TTP. Are there any other TTPers running in it (ya right) or any friends or family.

Best of Luck to Leigh and Erin in the big race next Sunday.

HOS will follow around the 42 k/m course in the truck with a Coffee and newspaper.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Look for James Pond to finish in the top 20. He's the Westside Knights' star centre back: tall, lanky guy who used to have a pony tail. No joke -- he would run half marathons and then show up to play 90 minutes later the same afternoon. I believe his best finish has been somewhere between 7th and 14th.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS,

I have run four marathons. Three in Vancouver and one in Victoria.

The first one was the Expo marathon in '86, inexperience was the problem, shoes to tight, cotton shirt, not enough water, let's just say I was happy to finish.

That was a long time ago, and I'm glad I ran it a few more times. Each time I improved my PB. Anyway, no more marathons for me only short 10k type runs for fun only. Have a good one and let us know how it goes...

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mrs. Kurgan will be in along with my dad who is running his first marathon at 60. 42 K? Fcuk 42 m is about all I have in me. :(

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUFC will be represented as well........if you can call it that:D

Dutch Man and his Mrs, will be participating! As well a former player, Trevor Craig will be there I bet! No one is fitter than him, I mean no one!

Good luck to all,

John

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm running

...the post run Massage Therapy facility! Thats if I'm scheduled to do this event. I should be supervising the Therapists doing treatment. But if there are any TTPers who turn up and identify themselves I'll throw you in at the front of the line up for Tx.

No stories about hitting walls please. :rolleyes:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter players had lots of time to train

D. Daravio and his wife are running in the marithon this weekend, he should be well prepared with all the time off Inter had.

Good luck to all, and all a good recovery.

HOS

friedbread

Jan 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
hos in training

rumor has it that hos has been out on a few training runs himself. not too often you see a goalie running at practice, let alone on his own.

nice work hos, even better than a two bridger:D

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In Training for Next Year

Since our season has been over for two weeks now, I thought I would get a head start on getting fit for 2002/2003 season.

I probably won't work but the "Two Bridge Run" is very impresive.

I think the "False Creek/ Old Expo Run" is OK, but when you cross bridges, thats running.

I will have a doublemochacappacima instead of water for you on Sunday.

Kramer

ps. How many alarms do we need to set:eek:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to All that Ran on Sunday

What a great sunday in vancouver for a marathon, with lots of people out running and cheering. A few TTP sightings to be had around the course, TB and Kurgan.

Mrs. HOS and Friedbread came in at a time of 4:13, both running for the first time.

D. Dravio and Becky did the marathon about 5 min faster than that, with all four looking very strong along the course.

Congrats to Mrs. Kurgan and Levy's wife on completing the run, and all others that made it.

How did Sandman do?

Regs now that you are retired, want to train with me for next years run, training starts at BBY. Lake in one month.

HOS

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS,

No Burnaby Lake training for TB :rolleyes:

However, I would seriously like to consider running it next year. Perhaps we could start our planning regime with weekly sessions at the King's Head?

Congrats to those who ran and finished!

~TB.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kings Head, sounds like a Royal Plan

A pub crawl may be a better idea, than a marithon.

We may need a thread "Ultimate Pub Crawls"

I think I may have done a few, but it is a little blurry.

HOSfromtheRaventotheTroller

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts