Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Round 2: Flyers vs. Ottawa.

Who will win?

• Flyers in four.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sens in four.

• Flyers in five.

• Sens in five.

• Flyers in six.

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Sens in six.

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Flyers in seven.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Sens in seven.

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since you asked.

If I was Hitchcokc I'd be worried about the lack of depth I currently have at the blueline. Losing Desjardins was a major blow. Guys like Vandermeer and Therrien looked okay against Toronto because the Leafs didn't have a ton of team speed aside from Mogilny. But really, the Flyers are playing with 4 1/2 to 5 defensemen right now. That's tough after playing almost nine games of hockey (all total) in the first round

I think the glaring difference in the Philly-Leafs series was that the Flyers had superior depth at forward. When Nolan and Sundin failed to produce, nobody really stepped up for the Leafs - when guys like Primeau and Amonte struggled early, Philly coud look to Roenick, LeClair, Recchi, Gagne (who has been stellar for them since returning from injury), Kapanen and even Williams to provide some offense. The problem now is that they're facing an Ottawa team who has just as much offensive depth as they do.

Philly is built for the playoffs because they have some great scorers, great team size and can grind it out with just about anybody. They looked good against the Leafs because Tronna played the same physical style as the Flyers did - Philly just played it way better.

Ottawa has two major advantages which they need to key on if they're going to win - goaltending and team speed. Lalime will have to outplay Chechmanek. Bottom line. Also, if the Sens can get into a skating contest with the Flyers, you'll be seeing way more penalties than you did in the first round.

Everybody should also keep their eye on Chara v. LeClair in front of the net, that will be a bloody war. Bertuzzi-Jackman like, if you will.

I'll take the Sens in seven.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Flyers in 6

I think the Flyers are going to pound the crap out of the Sens in 6.

Although, I do agree with Sensei in that there could very well be a tonne of penalties to Flyers defense trying to keep up with the likes of Alfreddson and Hossa.

Cechmanek needs to be sharp.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda

Maybe Philly should go with their backup as their goalee might not be ready to play in a round two series as you and TheRob have pointed out about Cloutier for the Canucks.

You know how it works. You take the goalee out as you have a hunch he might not be ready for round 2 and play the backup with a lot less experience who in your view is ready for the second round. If there were a goalee who just might not be ready it would have to be the Philly guy based on your illogical reasoning with the Canucks. So what do you think?

:wa: :wa:

Ottawa in six, maybe fewer if the goalkeeping strategies of Yoda and TheRob come into play.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jesus H. Rice you guys. Yoda and TheRob were being sarcastic about Cloutier. It stems from an earlier post in the Canucks/Blues thread. Who are the true dummies in this scenario? The guys who are making over-the-top remarks or the people who are taking it at face value and responding with indignation. Sheeesh.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Jesus H Rice is going to be the difference in this one. Philly can't handle him.

If only the Sabres were in the playoffs. Satan: Money player.

~Regs.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Dap.

On a side note, to get back on topic, Cechmanek is playing OK but I wouldn't wait too long to pull him. If he faulters at all, put in Esche, you can't hesitate in Round 2, you have make changes soon or your in trouble.

Still think Flyers in 6, only because Hossa and Havlat are playing like crap right now. Just bench 'em. That will teach them a lesson.

Regs,
Won't get to play against Satan but might meet the Devils.

PS: Can someone help me? Is it spelled Goalie or Goalee?
****ing English Language.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Potato Brain

Is Yoda taking the piss in this one or WTF??? Use your potato head. Posting something that has the appearance of being serious and then having some moron come in defending you, and say these guys are tttping is crap.

We need your potato brain now to tell us if this is serious or another joke.

downtown

Dec 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Flyers

For beating those fcuking Leafs ! Now piss off and hit the links. Sens in 7.

...Yoda, I'd like to help, but I've always been confused with the need for the 'a' to even be included in this word. Same goes for coal. Why can't they keep it simple like the easy to memorize spelling accorded to words such as 'hole' or 'mole' ? And what about the facial hair grown to encircle the mouth....the goatee....why does this get to go with the double 'e' ending ?

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We need your potato brain now to tell us if this is serious or another joke

Fcuking hell if I know, Reccos. I can't even really figure out what you just wrote. shite, I've got my address and phone number written on my hand so I know where I live for Christ's sake. Just today the cashier at the supermarket asked me if I wanted paper or plastic. I said sure. She asks me again, paper or plastic. I said yep. Then she gives me this queer look like I'm an idiot. WTF? I didn't appreciate the treatment so I put my mittens on (good thing they're sewn into my jacket. Thanks mom!) grabbed my food (stupid ho didn't even bag it!) and got the hell out of there. I had to ask a smart person to help me cross the street but when I got home I used my writing stick and writed a letter to that lady's boss. And as far as Cechmanek goes I can't figure out how the guy makes a goddamn save at all during the game.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Flyers in six. No particular reason other than the Sens always find one way or another to choke. Hopefully Chechmanek doesn't turn into a complete seive until the next series against NJ. That way I get a case of beer from Shitpicks.;)

Parkhead

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Czechmanek humiliated himself in the first game but managed to keep the puck out tonight, with his extremely unorthodox style. Go Flyers!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Capt., why are your Broad St. Bullies crying so much about the rough and dirty play of the soft Sens.

It is too funny to see Clarke whinning about rough and dirty play. Come on man look at the teams that you put together over the years.

And that pussy Brash warning the Sens that he is going to fight back. Ya right, ever since coming to Vancouver you think you are too good to battle and grind, Brash is the new Nedved of the NHL.

Go Sens Go

HOS

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unlucky

Captain,

I really wanted that free case of beer off you after NJ whooped the Flyers. But now I will not even get the chance. Too bad really. Put the Flyers jersey away for another year.:D

Parkhead

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Flyers jersey is safely stored away. If Cechmanek is not the one of the worst goalies ever, I don't know who is. I still thought the team might have been good enough to get by Ottawa but obviously not. Maybe that cnut Clarke might actually address the obvious goaltending problem in the off-season.

The Canucks were just as bad as Philly tonight and Cloutier was Cechmanekesque too. Shoc-king...

Captain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts