Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ronaldo No Worse Than Buffon

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another thought came to me during today's final. After Zidane disgraced himself infront of a billion people, Buffon went ape-sh!t to the linesman and referee. Naturally, he was arguing for a card.

So why does Ronaldo get villified for demanding a card for Rooney? I mean, I hate that little cheat as much as the next person, but c'mon... these are (were) the World Cup Finals. Just because they play for the same club, why should he let up? These are the ultimate competitors.

Ronaldo is a fcuking cheat and diver, but if anyone is going to complain about his actions against Rooney, then they'd better get on the same way about Buffon. Otherwise drop it.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No chance, Keeper. Buffon was only, albeit adamantly, trying to alert the unbelievable head-butt to the chest to the ref who obviously didn't see it at all. Where as the call was already made and that little cheating fanny bag was begging for a card.

I can't believe ZZ would do that unprovoked. What did he say?

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who cares what he said? These players have heard it all and there is nothing that could have been said to warrent that behaviour. Considering he is originally from Algeria, I am sure that he has heard far worse when France goes up against African teams. A sad, sad way for one of the greats to go out. It's amusing though with all the negitive that went on with the Portuguese this WC (especially Figo and Ronaldo), Ziziu was the one that observers would turn to when discribing what was good about football. How funny it seems...:rolleyes:

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you kidding me keeper. **** off and enjoy your bronze medal! Answer me this if you or any German players were in that situation would you turn a blind eye or say something.

Give your ****ing head a shake.

Oh BTW if you havent heard yet, Italia 2006 World Champions.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's my point Zenga! EVERYONE would complain to the ref about it -- so why is everyone pissed off at Ronaldo for doing the same thing?

And no, I don't believe you. Italy World Champions? You must be sh!tting me. They played like crap all tournament long.

ZENYO

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Firstly, He and Rooney are (were) teamates. Not that it should make a big difference in an international tourney. Secondly, and the one that I think did it, Ronoldo winked at his bench (with a $hit eating grin) as if to say, "I reeled another one in boys". That was a dumba$$ move... It's almost like these guys forget that it is one of the largest televised events in the world...

apples and oranges…

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
...and as KNVB has already noted, Buffon was pointing out an incident that was not seen by the referee. In Ronaldo's case the ref was standing two feet away and had already made the call when Christiano ran up to give his "opinion". Not the same situation.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It has been reported throughout Europe that Materazzi called Zidane, translated loosely into Italian from English "You are a dirty Terrorsit Arabic"
Zidane can speak the language, and turned on Materazzi and levelled him!

If the players re going to blab on and on about racism, and showing racism the red card, and all of that other junk, and Materazzi escapes this incident unpunished, then what?
Zidane should have know better, but Materazzi, dirty scumbag, got what he deserved, adn I wish that Zizou had broken his sternum.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlueNoseJohn said:
, but Materazzi, dirty scumbag, got what he deserved, adn I wish that Zizou had broken his sternum.

You forgot to add World Champion in the description of Matterazzi.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not trying to make excuses for Zizou, it was a deplorable act, but I got a kick out of it, as I had no interest in who won the game...I just think Materazzi is a dirty player...And I have never liked him.
Zizou was the best player in this tourney (as decided by FIFA) not me...But he had a great tournament nontheless, what a way to go out though...Something makes me think we haven't seen the last of him, regardless of what he says now.

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am not from Italy, Portugal, France or anywhere else related to this argument, so I make my point with absolutely no bias...

You all need to give your heads a shake... and get off Ronaldo's back. Every single fcuking guy in here would do, and does, the same thing every weekend when you play... and every pro player in the world does it too. I'm talking about drawing fouls, and asking refs for cards. you guys call Ronaldo a cheat... please, the guy tries to dribble past guys all the time, only to be pulled, hacked, tripped and kicked just cause the guy marking him is usually slower, or out of position. Would you not whine to the ref when you get chopped? Every fcuking guy in here yells at the ref EVERYTIME you get fouled, so why the daggers at Ronaldo? Plus, lets say you saw your teammate get stomped in the balls... would you let the ref just call a foul and get on with it? Please, all you guys would be screaming bloody murder, just like he did. Oh, and the wink to the bench? Hmmmm, lets see, I guess none of you have ever laughed at a guy who get sent off after he two-foots one of your teammates? Again, give your heads a shake... I've been in so many games where after a guy gets sent off for something dirty, lots of guys yap at him, smile and say things like "see ya later" etc. Ronaldo did nothing wrong, just acted in the same way as many of you would do for your teammates.

As for Buffon, he had every right to chase down the linesman... again, if it was you who got headbutted, you would expect EVERY ONE OF YOUR TEAMMATES to run to your defence, and ask the refs for a red card.

I find it funny how guys talk one way, but if it was your team or friend you would do the same thing these guys did.

My two and a half cents

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sage said:
You all need to give your heads a shake... and get off Ronaldo's back. Every single fcuking guy in here would do, and does, the same thing every weekend when you play... and every pro player in the world does it too. I'm talking about drawing fouls, and asking refs for cards. you guys call Ronaldo a cheat... please, the guy tries to dribble past guys all the time, only to be pulled, hacked, tripped and kicked just cause the guy marking him is usually slower, or out of position. Would you not whine to the ref when you get chopped? Every fcuking guy in here yells at the ref EVERYTIME you get fouled, so why the daggers at Ronaldo? Plus, lets say you saw your teammate get stomped in the balls... would you let the ref just call a foul and get on with it? Please, all you guys would be screaming bloody murder, just like he did. Oh, and the wink to the bench? Hmmmm, lets see, I guess none of you have ever laughed at a guy who get sent off after he two-foots one of your teammates? Again, give your heads a shake... I've been in so many games where after a guy gets sent off for something dirty, lots of guys yap at him, smile and say things like "see ya later" etc. Ronaldo did nothing wrong, just acted in the same way as many of you would do for your teammates.

As for Buffon, he had every right to chase down the linesman... again, if it was you who got headbutted, you would expect EVERY ONE OF YOUR TEAMMATES to run to your defence, and ask the refs for a red card.
Thank you, Sage. I'm glad at least one of you gets it. I guess they don't call you "Sage" for nothing.

Dap, it is exactly the same thing. The situations may be different but their intent is the identical -- complain to the ref in order to get the player carded.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sage:

Agreed but with one mitigating circumstance - when you're trying to get a player from another team booked, you don't usually have to go back to training with him a couple of weeks later.:D

Kind of skews things a little bit....

Trece

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ronaldo is worse because all damn tourney long he has been cheating, time wasting, diving. When he then demands to the official that Roo gets a card he is not doing anything different than Buffon, But Buffon is a class player with Class, Ronaldo is a class player, with no Class.
Buffon can hold his head up high, knowing he did nothing illegal, time wasting, diving, etc... as a champ. Materazzi did/said something that set Zizou off. He should be ashamed of himself.
I really, hoonestly don't think the Zidane sending off had fcuk all to do with the outcome of the game. The Azzuri were always playing for the Shootouts and banking on Buffon over Barthez.
Materazzi is an animal, always has been, always will be. His Azzurri teammates have been quoted in the past as calling him an animal and other things after receiving one of his errant elbows, or two foot studs up tackles from behind.
He is a class act jerk,a nd rest assurred, when it is published what he really said to Zidane, Zizou's actions, rightly or wrongly will be accpeted more regularly than he is being dismissed now.

MY$0.02

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sage, you make some valid points but are focusing only on certain aspects of Ronaldo's gamesmanship during this tournament. You are completely ignoring his unbelievably blatant dives, which are the crux of the matter. And while I will accept that several players are guilty of the same 'crime', Ronaldo was easily the worst offender. He systematically and consistently produced dives in every single game Portugal played. He even got worse the more criticism he received. It was incredible to watch. He deserves every bit of stick he gets, in my opinion.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0