Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rock Climbing.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob wants to know who does it and where. Let's here some stories of epic journeys up the Chief. Personally I've never climbed there, but plan on changing that this summer. What about Top Roping out at the Smoke Bluffs, or at Lighthouse Park. I've been to Lighthouse, and it was great. I have a guidebook for the Harrison Bluffs that will be getting good usage this summer as well. I've also done some Top Roping up in Canmore, but I can't remember the name of the place.

What about indoor? I climb at a gym out in Maple Ridge called The Rock Wall. Pretty original name.:rolleyes:It used to be called Rockreation. It's pretty good. Lot's of different routes for all levels of climbers. Myself, indoor I'm a solid 5'9 - 5'10 climber. Outdoors, probably about a 5'9. There is a new gym opened up in Coquitlam that looks great. Hopefully I'll get out there soon.

I know there has to be some people here who climb.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a Shiity Thread

This thread is allmost as bad as the MotorSport threads.

Come on TR, who on TTP can get off their FAT ASSSES and go Climb.

I have climbed at White Cliff in past years, and it is not that difficult.

I would like to see a TTP Day Out at the Climb Zone, Jinky are you IN?
YA, we can go for Pints after!

HOS

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob, you're arms are looking pretty wired in that picture, think you need to use more leg action;) I've done some indoor and a little outdoor top-roping. The only outdoor stuff I've done is at Lighthouse Park with some experienced climbing friends. Great setting, man. After you're worn out and you've had the old 'sewing machine leg' going full blast you can dive into the ocean for a refreshing swim. Remember to smoke the fatties after setting up the ropes though! ;) Was at Cliffhanger last year and some of the climbing betties were awfully hot. Damn agile, too. One chick was pulling out all the stops. Upside down, overhangs and other extremely impressive stuff. I would be about the same level as you I would think. No better than 5'10 right now that's for sure.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wired they were. I haven't quite got the technique side of it down yet. I try to use only the legs as much as possible, but sometimes.................:rolleyes:

Lighthouse Park is an amazing setting. Climbing in the afternoon/evening, and then sitting down for a couple of pops. Not much can beat that. Perhaps some of the TTPers that do climb should hook up there this Spring.

There is something about chicks that climb.:eek:

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Been there done that.

Which epic do you want to hear about.
Stuck overnight on Slesse in shorts, rapping off the end of the rope to catch a tree branch on "The Wall of Attrition", 150' runout on Dragontail or drug crazed trips to Joshua Tree.
The wifes favourite trip was topping out on Angels Crest at 10pm, just in time to see the sun set. We spent a freezing night using the rope as a blanket and then hit RottenRonnies at 6am for Breaky.:rolleyes:
I've got a million ov'em and I'm still kickin'.
Anyone tried Harrison crag?
Too busy playin' footy lately.:D

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dragontail sounds good...

I learned how to rock climb blindfolded. :D In BC's version of Survivor ("Outward Bound" actually)

It's also much better to feel your way around :eek:

+SCdidn'tknowregswasactually6'2:rolleyes:

friedbread

Jan 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bully b?

if bully b is who i think he is, this thread was started for you. i've heard some of his stories, and had the shite scared out of me by some of his antics. climbing is a great past time, and cheap once you get started, but alpine is where its at..........:)

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmm

Does Zero Gulley First Ascent ring a bell?

No Rockies Ice climbing trip with the Foot-Maister this year but definitely the pilgrimage to Skaha this spring. Giddy UP.;)

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Travels with strappo.

Strappo: A short Brummy with a knack for gettin' in trouble.

Winter 96, we told Strappo just one safeway bag of gear each for the trip to Joshua Tree as room was tight in the VW bus. Our lad Strap brought his Grandads suitcase full of club clothes, hair dryer and other articles to be ribbed mercifullessly about.

Spring 97, trip to Yosemite for two weeks,
One pair of underwear and the overalls he left work in. What a bloody pong. I had to lend him a shirt which I later burnt. Anyhow the trip came to a dusty punch up between Strappo and me a week later after I had taken a 40' header on OuterLimits at the cookie cliff. The wee mans hysterical laughter was all to much so I thumped'im. All was forgiven over far too many carbonated hoplike beverages and Strappo to this day is a mate who drives me to violence. Love the Brummies.:D :cool:

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BullyB,

your a far better story teller than I, so why don't you embarass the shite out of me by telling the tale of "The Chief", "bad cop no donut","cream of some white mice", at el? Feel free at my expensive :rolleyes:

TR,

As BullyB dragged my ass around the cliffs and I did a bad impression of a climber, I had a riot! Lots of fun hanging out with the hippies and drivin our Westy's everywhere, tryin to steer with sauage fingers....

5bthassomerockclimbinggearonsaleforcheap :D

BullyB is one badass on the mountain!!! best lads!!!!!:D

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cloud o' chalk.

5bts was foolish enough to be suckered into climbing a route with a large traverse that lends to mega swings if the leader is cruel.:D

"BullyB, what do I do now?"
"Your goin' to swing you bastard....(hilarious laughter)"

All I remember was the sailing flailing body of 5bts swinging out into the void and a blood curdling scream, aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
fffffuccckkkkmmmeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!
Followed by "Your dead when I get up there you cokwollaper!

Great laugh.:knvb: :knvb: :knvb: 5bts hangin' on 4 dear life.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The weather is almost good enough to head out. I plan on doing a tonne this year. I bought a guide book for Harrison last summer. It'll get a lot of use this year.

Has anyone been out top roping yet?

Lighthouse Park. You gotta love it.:D

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was actually almost funny knvb.:)

Is that you at the bottom bleeding to death?:knvb:

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yet another sadistic Summer.

Ah yes, the frightened pleading and uncontrollable shaking of a Hard-man Footballer at the end of an 11mm thread does warm my heart and make the coming Summer all that more inviting. Not that I'd ever sandbag any of my dear friends from the TTP.

Here's a great story from the Valley, Mates from Montana Tim & JW were cornered into taking a tag along up El Caps Shield route.
Over the next 5 days, this guy turned out to be a total flake which was quite unbearable given the tight living quarters. So, the poor guy was given the scare of a lifetime. Jw lead the Great Roof and Timberly cleaned the entire pitch leaving the poor bastard no option of following the line. The only option he had was to jump, wait for the rope to stop spinning and swinging and then jug (climb) the rope to the station. What makes this so scary is the fact that the Great Roof is about 3000' up and Tim's last words before disappearing over the lip of the roof were "You're goin'a swing you bastard!!"

Just imagine sitting on a ledge, 3000' up, with only an 11mm line between you and the afterlife and then having to jump. The spinning alone would be enough to make most people puke!!
Fukin'Magic

ps Lets go climbing, I know some good routes.:cool: ;) :D

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts