Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RIP TSN 1040

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’ve tried 650am this week and I can’t stand it. Maybe I Just hate change but the guys on the drive to work are brutal and the way home was just as bad. It did get me listening to pop radio, this Ariana Grande is a dirty bird.

I couldnt do it either.

Hoping Sportsnet creates a sports radio here in Vancouver

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
drive thru GIF

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I couldnt do it either.

Hoping Sportsnet creates a sports radio here in Vancouver
Is this a pisstake? A well disguised pisstake?

650 is Sportsnet? https://www.sportsnet.ca/650/

I mean, if this were @Regs, I'd say this was a very clever pisstake. But (and no disrespect...meaning the diss is coming), but when it's @The Franchise, I have to assume this is more to do with lack of intelligence than anything else.

No offense meant....

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I tried 650. It needs work. I like a variety of sports covered but with most coverage focused on local sports teams. Twice now I've tuned in and thought I was hacked and listening to the leafs lunch.

Rob Fai has started a new post game show on you tube run by hubcast media out of Langley. Looks like they have
good capital to work with. Listened last night. A little awkward but not bad. He opened with the green day Good Ridance song

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
where are all those guys going to go? Somebody with some money going to start a station ?
With podcasting and live streaming it wouldn't be rocket science for the best of TEAM1040 on-air to join with Daily Hive, Vancouver Is Awesome, or some other local web presence and go full-barstool with content. Just re-launch the shows...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would love to hear an independent, (somewhat) uncensored show in Vancouver. I know CRTC will have a say in how uncensored it can be, but how good would it be to have local guys that can talk hockey soccer, football and the rest, but not with the station breathing down their neck's due to ties w/ the team and broadcast rights?

How bad was the way TSN handled the Whitecaps, and the Ciara McCormack allegations? I will forever thing Mat Sekeres is a sellout and a pussy for the way he cozied up to Caps personnel and went hard at McCormack. What a shill. One thing that at least 650 did go hard at the Caps, but again, they have no ties, and political gain against a heated competitor. At least we'd get some honesty from the hosts / guests, that is, until they get big enough to go after broadcast rights, and have to muzzle up.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sekeres & Price with a podcast as well. Do people listen to these? I don't get it, seems like "taping" a game so you can watch it later... what's the point if you can't see it live?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do listen to Podcasts, but it has to be in a format where you are sort of discussing the week that was, and the week ahead.

Sidenote: check out the Smartless Podcast. Pure hilarity.

What I like about radio is the bullets are live, no editing. So when Taylor winds up Pratt about poker, or Dhaliwhal reads a post about loving the refreshing feeling of a Dickens Cider...you can't really recreate that in a podcast.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sekeres & Price with a podcast as well. Do people listen to these? I don't get it, seems like "taping" a game so you can watch it later... what's the point if you can't see it live?
Yes. I keep track of not broadcast or shoddily broadcast sports (like Scottish premier league fitba) by podcast aside from watching Rangers matches live. Beeb does a good podcast.
I’m surprised when the announcement was made that you didn’t say “people actually listen to the radio still!?”

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts