Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RIP Kobe Bryant

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Absolutely still a tragedy. RIP to them and all the kids that die tragically too young. It’s always sad.

He was never proven innocent in court because he did buy he silence and she dropped charges. Sure he’s technically innocent, except for the rape kit that showed significant aggression shall we say and the bruises around her neck. But ok, let’s mourn what evidence showed was a rapist and fawn all over him calling him a “good man”. Good men know the meaning of “no”.

When a rape victim goes public it is always lose / lose for them. No matter what the outcome, the public will always question circumstances, slut shame her, and in cases like this call gold digger. The Kobe camp would always be able to find enough money to convince her silence and lifelong financial comfort was a better way forward than having to go through a public and ugly trial that will ruin you no matter what.

So, I’ll let the jock sniffers carry on oozing platitudes about this guy. Nice to have short memories.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think he was ever charged with rape. Definitely banged her but who knows what actually happened. I'm thinking $$$.

He was a huge soccer fan. Some credit him for the trend in low cut basketball shoes as he likened the feel of soccer shoes.

RIP

People dont pay off other people if if didn't happen they fight for their morals, there name.

Good example Patrick Kane.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
People dont pay off other people if if didn't happen they fight for their morals, there name.

Good example Patrick Kane.

Comparing Patty Kane to Kobe is just funny. I agree with fighting for morals but this is like comparing apples to oranges. Kobe is a mega super star, a brand, world renowned and a target(like most stars). Outside of Canada and Chicago Kane would be another Joe blow to be honest. If I remember correctly, he beat up a cabby because he didn't know who Kane was. lol

There is so much money around Kobe to end the legal case as quick as possible and to limit as much bad press as they could was probably from higher up. By no way am I trying to defend a rapist. I just don't remember it that way.

Sure he’s technically innocent, except for the rape kit that showed significant aggression shall we say and the bruises around her neck.

Maybe they both like rough sex. Who knows?

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The man died. Maybe wait until his body is actually cold before lasering in on a single allegation from a generation ago.

Dude got the facts a bit wrong; they dropped the charges because the complainant refused to cooperate. Maybe she was bought off. Maybe she was full of shite. I don't know. I wasn't there. What I do know is that he wasn't "proven" innocent, or guilty, or anything. It's a matter that was left unresolved because of how people on both sides acted.

I would turn your comment around on you akslop and ask what amount of money would cause someone who had "been directly affected" - like, say, the complainant herself - to forego her opportunity for justice in favour of a sack of cash.

The man was raising four daughters, coaching at least of them, investing in and promoting the development of both women's basketball and soccer - particularly at the youth level - and was building a business empire of consequence with a definite philanthropic bent. On the court, he inspired an entire generation of kids - many of them black kids from the projects I might add - to stay in school and play basketball instead of standing on a corner slinging dope.

But hey, years ago he may or may not have come on a little too strong to a young lady and misjudged her level of interest in him. So, on balance, "RIP rapist".

Ridiculous.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The man died. Maybe wait until his body is actually cold before lasering in on a single allegation from a generation ago.

Dude got the facts a bit wrong; they dropped the charges because the complainant refused to cooperate. Maybe she was bought off. Maybe she was full of shite. I don't know. I wasn't there. What I do know is that he wasn't "proven" innocent, or guilty, or anything. It's a matter that was left unresolved because of how people on both sides acted.

I would turn your comment around on you akslop and ask what amount of money would cause someone who had "been directly affected" - like, say, the complainant herself - to forego her opportunity for justice in favour of a sack of cash.

The man was raising four daughters, coaching at least of them, investing in and promoting the development of both women's basketball and soccer - particularly at the youth level - and was building a business empire of consequence with a definite philanthropic bent. On the court, he inspired an entire generation of kids - many of them black kids from the projects I might add - to stay in school and play basketball instead of standing on a corner slinging dope.

But hey, years ago he may or may not have come on a little too strong to a young lady and misjudged her level of interest in him. So, on balance, "RIP rapist".

Ridiculous.

Sounds like a defense lawyer

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Be your own judge.

I read the exact same article earlier in the day to refresh my memory. For me it sounds like a 'he said, she said" case. I have no clear idea of who is telling the truth but some 16 years later it's not like Kobe is a fcuk up like OJ. After all of OJ's run-ins with the law since the not guilty slaying of Nicole we can look back and say...that dudes fcuked up. Not the same with Kobe.

This raised my eyebrow in the article:
Bryant’s defense team, on the other hand, brought up the accuser’s past sexual history. The accuser stated that she’d had consensual sex on June 27 or 28, and when the panties she wore to her medical exam the following day were tested, they found semen and a hair follicle that did not belong to Bryant. These were, for clarification purposes, a separate pair of panties she put on and wore to her exam—not the panties from the night in question, which were collected and tested separately—and the accuser claimed she’d accidentally put on a pair of dirty panties for the exam. Bryant’s defense team claimed that the vaginal trauma suffered by the accuser could have been from having “multiple partners” in a short time span, though Det. Winters had testified that a nurse told him the injuries had likely occurred in the past 24 hours.

As @mtkb said, how much money would it take for a person to sell their opportunity for justice?

She would have gotten paid out in either scenario imo, so why not cooperate?

Ronaldo. 07

Oct 7, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Honestly
I read the exact same article earlier in the day to refresh my memory. For me it sounds like a 'he said, she said" case. I have no clear idea of who is telling the truth but some 16 years later it's not like Kobe is a fcuk up like OJ. After all of OJ's run-ins with the law since the not guilty slaying of Nicole we can look back and say...that dudes fcuked up. Not the same with Kobe.

This raised my eyebrow in the article:
Bryant’s defense team, on the other hand, brought up the accuser’s past sexual history. The accuser stated that she’d had consensual sex on June 27 or 28, and when the panties she wore to her medical exam the following day were tested, they found semen and a hair follicle that did not belong to Bryant. These were, for clarification purposes, a separate pair of panties she put on and wore to her exam—not the panties from the night in question, which were collected and tested separately—and the accuser claimed she’d accidentally put on a pair of dirty panties for the exam. Bryant’s defense team claimed that the vaginal trauma suffered by the accuser could have been from having “multiple partners” in a short time span, though Det. Winters had testified that a nurse told him the injuries had likely occurred in the past 24 hours.

As @mtkb said, how much money would it take for a person to sell their opportunity for justice?

She would have gotten paid out in either scenario imo, so why not cooperate?
Dude the guy is dead stfu and appreciate his legacy. One of the greatest basketball players to live.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Ronaldo. 07

Its called Karma. If he was in prison we wouldnt be having this conversation.

Leave this discussion to the adults junior.

Go have a wank to the aaron hernandez posters on your wall

Last edited:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can’t wait to see what picture they use of him for the new logo. That’ll be cool, good representation of the league.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts