Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Reserve, Div 1, through 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

razorbacks

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reserve Div1

I would have to say Poco City is going to win the Reserve Div 1
but I could be wrong because there are going to be alot of other strong teams in this league . Poco City picked up about 5 of the ex Slovan players for there Reserve side.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reserve Div1

If the rumors are true about Poco, they've got to be considered favorites. A lot of those guys were old Wolves, or have come through the Metro Ford system. Any names to attach to the rumors?

I'll say SC Rangers as well...if they decide to stay in 1st. I agree with other comments on these treads, that Premier looks better. I think we'll see a shake-up in the Provincials this year. Is Alkal actually back? Under whose spot? If they are back- in either 1st or Premier- they'll be tough. It'd be nice to see something from the league that shows all divisional line-ups. They had the registration pow-wow last Wednesday.

DWMC

razorbacks

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DWMC

I heard Tupper, the 2 Mckinnon brothers, woody & couple of other guys but I'm not sure what there names are.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Slovan Boys

Razorback:

Was one of those names Rob (the vagina) Vadina? I'm good friends with his brother, but even he doesn't know.

DWMC.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Divisional Allignment Anyone?

Does anybody out there know the other divisional alligments yet for this season? This is what bugs me about the FVSL...a little late out the gate.

Come on Mr. Fuge and Mr. Brown...we know you're out there, lurking, getting the poop on gossip about our beloved league (boy I'm going get it from pompous Metro boys for that one!). What's the scoop? We need to start making predictions and talking some shite!

BTW: All you team managers and captains out there- pass this site on to your teams. We need a good forum, so why not here?

DWMC.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Fuge

If Mr Fuge is indeed lurking...

Could you give me a response to my email when you have a chance? A yay or nay will be fine.

Cheers,

~TBwhohateshanginginthewind:D

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Dude, what is going on with the SC Rangers? I talked to Mikey "Red Light" Roberts yesterday(he plays for them), and he didn't even know what was up. Got any news I could pass on to him?

T"tgif"R.:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumors on The Mighty Rangers

TR:

Rumor has it (I say that, as I have not confirmed this with Kenny) that the Rangers will be the Reserve (CAT) team. Talking with a couple of the Storm Guys, Linfield indeed looks like they're going to be a force, although still a very young team. I say top 3 is a realistic goal. Frank will sort things out for them. From what I understand, and talking with Kenny, the Rangers simply enjoy playing at a high level, and are kind of holding off moving to over 30s. It really makes more sense for them to be the Reserve team, even though they are the reigning Pakenham Cup Champs.

For that matter, the SC Storm (Div 1) and our squad, the SC Royals (Div 2) are looking good. I've been very pleased with our training sessions and early commitment of players. We've basically got everyone signed that we need now. I, on the other hand, am still looking for a new set of lungs, if anyone needs a bit of cash.

All that said, IT WOULD BE NICE IF A LEAGUE OFFICIAL COULD CONFIRM ALL THIS!!! Bobby, Neil...where are you? :confused:

DWMC- can'twaittogetiton

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I got promoted!!!

Big Dog!!!

I just noticed you promoted me to "Merely Annoying"! I'm so proud...a tear is running down my cheak. I think I'll celebrate tonight by giving the missus the best 1.5 minutes of her life....but I digress.

DWMC

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lookout!

If the Rangers play in the reserve division, they will pretty much stomp everyone. I personally don't think the reserve div. will be very strong. I think most of the teams will have five or six guys there who could play premier, and the rest just a bunch of guys to fill the team. But who knows, I could be wrong.:)

TR.

razorbacks

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TR

I think you might be wrong from what I heard from the league the reserve is most of the top teams from DIV 1 & Div 2 to help the Premier teams out & the league thought the Reserve Division 1 is going to be stronger than the non club Div1 that's why there going to have the reserve in a separate cup competition.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reserve League

Razor / TR:

I agree with TR, that the Reserve league this year will not be as strong, as say, Div. 1. My guess is that most of the clubs are adding a team, not bringing one over from another division. SC is- allegedly- bringing the Rangers over because we already have the Storm slated for Promotion to Div. 1. I'm pretty sure the way the Reserve will work is for the other club teams- mainly Premier- to draw players from and to send players to. I guess we'll have to see the FVSL bible- err, constitution- first to get the clear picture.

I think this is a good idea, as the Lower Mainland has the players to support it. I also think the Reserve teams may prove to be the most challenging to manage. Typically, strong club teams are made of a core group of 10-12 players that stick around year after year. I think there is more satisfaction in being successful with friends rather than a grouping of strangers who happen to win on the given day.

Anybody heard any new, juicy tid-bits?
:confused:

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All quiet

I haven't heard nothing Dude. I'm still waiting to hear what kind of cup play the reserve teams will be playing in, if any. Heard anything about that?:confused:

TR.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
*&$%!ing flying horses

Anybody heard any new, juicy tid-bits?

Look for all SC teams to soon carry the Pegasus moniker. AFAIK, the premier team is already supposed to be called Pegasus "B" or something to that effect and the FVSL is supposed to show that on their website standings and schedules (whenever they are posted I suppose).

~TB.

razorbacks

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs

Why would they call the SC team Peg B when there in 2 separate leagues & in the Reserve in Vancouver league they already have a Peg B . This makes no sense ! Even though I know there all the same club.:confused:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Of course it wouldn't make sense to a farmer!

Different leagues have should have no bearing on it whatsoever... Is Surrey United not called that in both leagues?

SC, SYSA, whatever you want to refer to the club as paid good money for the Pegasus name and franchise if you will. There is a history of championships behind the name and I believe the club wishes to portray that throughout all their 'higher level' teams.

It is not just with senior levels either. I believe many of the top youth teams in the organization are also using the Pegasus moniker.

~TB.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Love those flying horses...

Yeah, we've had the Flying Horses on our jerseys going on our 3rd season. Changing the actual name from "SC" to "Pegasus" is new though. It does make sense...two years ago we were "SFC", last year "SC" this year "Pegasus". Next year we should go by "SFC Pegasus SC (fill in team name here)".

It has been a bit unclear since the big club bought out Peg, as to what they should do with the name(s). As long as I don't have to tell people I play for SYSA (Surrey Youth Soccer Association). That's almost as bad as being known as a Cougar!

Question: what is the point of having a Reserve Cup? The winner can't very well go on to play winners from other Cups, or to the BCs, because that would undermine the whole system (dammit!). I can see a playoff, for bragging rights of the best club, but not a Cup. Reserve is reserve, and shouldn't be treated as anything more than that.

DWMC

razorbacks

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just wish SFC , SC , SYSCA could have 1 name in steed of 3 diffrent names & I understand that Peg name has alot behind that but they have to either called either 1 name or the other !

razorbacks

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just heard that Poco City United is not the reserve team they are the other Div1 team so the Slovan boys are playing with the non reserve team the reserve team is a mixture of the Poco City Express & some of the Poco City United players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts