Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Regressive Traits

Should video games, like coaching girl's football, be left to little boys?

• Yes, grow up you fcuking toe-rag, no wonder you can't get a leg over......

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • No, if it's got a Certificate 18 on it it's much like watching a Van Damme film. Except not rubbish.

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • I don't know, my bird doesn't like them so I have to go along with her. I live in Kits.......

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Who would win a fight?

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know admitting to being hooked on video games is tantamount to admitting you coach girl's High School football, particularly at the ripe old age I am (26) but if you get the chance have a go at The Getaway. It was the UK's #1 selling game last Christmas and, because I'm on the cusp of all things new and progressive, I got a copy yesterday. Up until silly o'clock last night playing the fcuking thing, wasn't I?

The makers of the game have taken unbelievable steps to re-create Central London and have succeeded in doing so to the most finite detail. For instance, I spent half an hour last night driving past my work shooting and murdering people with my stolen Peugeot 405. And the best bit? It didn't contravene my probabtionary terms whatsoever.

It's even got shagging and proper swearing delivered with a London accent. Like Niall's.

It makes Grand Theft Auto look like a Disney game.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice !!!!

Any chance they make it for Xbox ??

And Fasty ....... any chance you drove your Peugeot into Covent Garden and mowed down the throng of tourists hanging out at Punch & Judy's ??

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dunno about the Xbox. Dunno why anyone would buy an Xbox. Is there something wrong with you or did you buy an official Man Yoo sanctioned Xbox? Both, perhaps.

This game is ultra-realistic and just last night one of the baddies, 'Eyebrows', shouted at me as we drove to the Old Bailey in a stolen 'D' reg Lexus to kill loads of filth and spring his psychotic mate from the black mariah, 'My fcuking Nan drives faster than you, you're driving like a bleedin' yank tourist.'

Worth buying a Highbury-sponsored Playstation II just for this game.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There's definitely something wrong .....

Gutted to find out this morning as I browsed the Playstation.com website to see that The Getaway is made by Sony. I suppose that Mr. Gates will not be indulging himself in the purchase of this game :( so I will be left to play Splinter Cell for the rest of eternity because I'm fcuking stuck in the Chinese Embassy Courtyard. :rolleyes:

Definitely worth the purchase once you're done destroying London.

Was 'coaxed' into buying my Xbox from some 15 year old promotions lad in the local Future Shop 'round Christmas time. After 5 or 6 pints after a match, I wandered in to pay my bill and walked out 20 minutes later with an Xbox, Fifa 2003 and a load of Starburst and Skittles. Needless to say, I'm not exactly sure where Christmas went and what happend but all I know is that the blisters healed quite nicely and I did make Christmas dinner at me mum's .........

Debated heavily over the PS2 and the Xbox and just made the call based on Technical rubbish really. I figured that PS2 definitley has the games but Xbox is coming out with loads, blah, blah, blah ......... here's a link to a comparison that I did find albeit 2 weeks after my purchase ........

Game Console Comparisons

Doesn't mean anything really but I did get a load of fruit chews out of the whole deal ........ ;)

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Splinter Cell

Walks, there is a simple solution to your problem. Get both consoles. I did. As for the Chinese Embassy Courtyard...piece of piss. You've got much more difficult trials awaiting you, believe me. Haven't played The Getaway yet. I'm a little worried about having to drive on the other side of the street:(

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
..... I did get a load of fruit chews .....

Smallsy, don't knock them ...... they're very addictive :D.

Get both consoles. I did.

For fcuk sakes Dapotayto, if I bought the PS2, I'd never leave the house !!!!!! ;)

If you get a chance, check out The Getaway Website, there is some awesome vids, etc. that are worth checking out. It's the 2nd top selling game at the moment behind The Sims.

The Getaway

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts