Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Regional Tier 3 League

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sources indicate that representatives from potential clubs will be meeting in the 2nd half of August.

BC Soccer will be looking to get firm commitments from them as they need to decide whether to move forward with a 2020 launch or delay until 2021.

Tedward

Jul 28, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
What I'm hearing is the meeting is to find out if Rovers and Highlanders will be "in". If they are, the league is happening. If not, dead for now.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So BC Soccer initiative hinges on pleading for group whom sued them to join hands?

This is awesome.

I am in fact struggling to see how this isn't awesome myself. I don't even know if awesome adequately describes this scenario.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Second half of August is coming to a close, any updates/scuttlebutt being heard at this time?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Prospective clubs met last week. A deadline was set of 5 weeks for them to review everything, then either commit or pull out of joining the league in 2020.

Tedward

Jul 28, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
What clubs were at the table?
I believe the clubs that "matter" at this time are TSS Rovers and Victoria Highlanders. if they are "in" the league may proceed. If they are "out" the whole thing goes back to the drawing board.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Everybody has been pretty hush hush about the big meeting leading most people to think that this is now a 2021 project at best.

I am told that both TSS and Highlanders are in if the league is a go. However, currently not enough groups have put their cards on the table at this point, hence @dezza referring to a 5 week deadline. Fortunately for the USL clubs, the USL understands their situation and will be allowing them to operate on a year to year basis and not force them to commit for three years as previously rumoured.

Sept. 30 is the deadline for firm applications from teams with a go/no go call for 2020 being made on Oct. 7.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Latest rumblings are no league until 2021
Indeed.

With plans to launch a concurrent women's league. Great opportunity for the ladies especially with Canada trying to create the infrastructure to set up a Women's CPL.

With BC Soccer struggling to get one league off the ground on the men's side, you do have to wonder though if they have made it now doubly difficult in trying to launch two leagues concurrently.

Lots of "buzz" about interest in the league being projected outwardly, however, no parties are coming forward to publicly acknowledge their interest in the league. Other than the confirmed interest from and consultation with the USL side TSS Rovers and Victoria Highlanders, everything else is just speculation at this point.

Who wants these franchises and where will they be? Anyone involved in the process seems to have been sworn to secrecy with BC Soccer wanting to keep this very tightly under wraps. As the soccer community at large, don't they want us engaged and supporting this?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It took how long to get a proper pro league running in this country and with the first season not even over there is talk of a womens CPL?

I mean seriously WhAtThEfCuK?!?!

My generation is not to have nice things. Got screwed when we were younger, getting screwed now by bumbling idiots who will drive the CPL into the ground.

Tedward

Jul 28, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone involved in the process seems to have been sworn to secrecy with BC Soccer wanting to keep this very tightly under wraps. As the soccer community at large, don't they want us engaged and supporting this?

Hi, welcome the internet. As you seem to be new here let me explain how it works: any time that any good idea gets put out into the community trolls of various flavours take so much delight in slagging the idea and the people behind the idea, and creating negative lies that it is now standard practice to avoid engaging by the extensive use of Non-disclosure agreements and keeping things quiet until a proper launch can be planned.

</sarcasm>

But seriously , do you really think that the type of criticism and abuse they will have to endure is worth it to make premature announcements juts so you and I can feel "engaged"?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Tedward I don't think they need to publish everything happening with the league on their website/social media etc, but how about some engagement with the existing adult leagues in the province?

They could easily host a town hall with all current adult club representatives invited. Many wouldn't bother to show up, but the ones who are actually interested would, and who knows, maybe they would even unearth an investor or two out of it?

Tedward

Jul 28, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
They could easily host a town hall with all current adult club representatives invited. Many wouldn't bother to show up, but the ones who are actually interested would, and who knows, maybe they would even unearth an investor or two out of it?

And realistically what would that achieve? Why do you think "adult clubs" have not been involved in any sort of meetings or talks (formally or informally)? As I understand it several clubs have been approached about possibly being involved. I think anyone in the soccer community with money and potential interest in a team already knows about the project.

What would come out to this sort of meeting are a bunch of nay-saying, auld-country-supporting, moaners who would simply take the opportunity to shite on the idea, the BCSA, the CSA and probably FIFA for good measure.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who ever at Bc Soccer that came up with this should put his energy into first fixing the problems at BC soccer
Like universal registration on bc soccer servers
No double registration from league to league
They have at least 14 computers add a high end server take some off the work from the Adult and youth Leagues
We are paying registration fees for every player in the BC
Use funds for common sense

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who ever at Bc Soccer that came up with this should put his energy into first fixing the problems at BC soccer
Like universal registration on bc soccer servers
No double registration from league to league
They have at least 14 computers add a high end server take some off the work from the Adult and youth Leagues
We are paying registration fees for every player in the BC
Use funds for common sense

I've said it many times before, instead of creating a "New League", just enhance the league that is already in place.
Whether it be the PCSL, or the VMSL.
Add conditions each year to make the league "more professional".
The best players will play in the league, as they will always want to play at the best level.
Coaches should become qualified & even have a special course for the League Coaches.
Sponsorship
Media
Social media
training 3-4 times per week
play out of stadium in district
marketing

Just some ideas to make the existing league more professional on a gradual basis, instead of having to have the finished product in one go.
It's doomed for failure, trying to go "Full Professional" in one go?

Thoughts?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts