Regional Tier 3 League

Discussion in 'BC Soccer' started by Regs, May 25, 2015.

1. dezza

Better Bastard

Est:
    Feb 20, 2005
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $420.00
    Thanks for putting words in my mouth. I never said that is all the Chinese operated teams in the lower mainland. I specifically said that is where the former Chinese League teams are playing.

2. Soccer Coach

Soccer Coach Well-Known Member

Est:
    Apr 14, 2015
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $152.00
    This has been nicely written. Well done. I hope that the note is passed to BC Soccer.

I want reinforce that this league is inevitable. You are easily dealing with 350 graduating players from the BCPL and Metro Youth Leagues. In three years it is more than 1,000 players with no place to be absorbed as VMSL and VISL top divisions do not have room for them or similar conditions to what they have been used to it. This is the main reason. A demand has been created and it must be satisfied.

I do really hope that it grows. Guys, ultimately, it should be BC soccer the one administrating a super amateur league. VMSL, FVSL, BMSL, and Richmond leagues should be amalgamated under one management. Promotion/relegation in top divisions with lower divisions having satellite divisions in each municipality. The very top Premier section run as professionally as possible. Preparing young adults to help national team or helping them in their way to a professional contract.

As for the beer garden and the drinking after the games, I do not know if you are referring to me, but they are completely different situations. One is controlled and supervised, the other one is done against the rules and ends up costing us fields. Do it properly. this is just what i am saying.

3. Soccer Coach

Est:
    Apr 14, 2015
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $152.00
    It does not surprise me. Throwing a temper tantrum when the ego is not massaged or differences of opinion appear.

4. lfc4

lfc4 New Member

Est:
    Sep 21, 2015
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $100.00
    Who the hell is this righteous, know it all, soap boxing wind bag hiding behind the 'Dude' alias?

Has he ever played at an elite level? My guess is no, anybody that did or could would be out doing something productive, not writing a book here.

Back to the Donald.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Soccer Coach

Est:
    Apr 14, 2015
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $152.00
    From what I have heard, dude, played at the university level here, but you better ask him.

6. akslop

Better Bastard

Est:
    Jun 28, 2011
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $1,075.15
    LOL

7. akslop

Better Bastard

Est:
    Jun 28, 2011
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $1,075.15
    I read on a bathroom stall at china beach in Langley about 15 years ago that he He also taught Chuck Norris the meaning of submission and once climbed a tree to save a kitten But when he got back on the ground the kitten scratched him so he climbed back up the tree and left it there.

He is the most interesting man in the valley.

33b.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard

Est:
    Jul 23, 2001
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $100.00
    Smilie face with teeth showing emoticom.

My production today certainly has taken a hit. It must be a slow day tying laces for you to chime in.

• Like Like x 2
  9. bulljive

bulljive Well-Known Member

Est:
    Nov 19, 2003
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $100.00
    After finally reading the PDF, seems like a pretty tough sell to me. $12 for game day tickets. I thought this was more of an extension of HPL/free. Not saying this is impossible as I guess they are trying to create the equivalent of say the Surrey Eagles in hockey. Descent fan base and good soccer for cheap. I can see this working with ethnic teams, as it's an instant fan base but struggle to see how surrey United or Coastal would consistently get a big fan base.

I'm hopeful as id love for it to work. Not sure how UBC and SFU co-exist with this unless they have teams in the league themselves like UBC currently does in the PCSL. Lots of questions to be answered and exciting times if this can get some footing.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Canucks4Ever

Canucks4Ever Well-Known Member

Est:
    Jan 9, 2011
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $120.00
    Looks like my post was too long for someone to read...;)

No offense taken, it was a book and a half lol

11. djones

djones Well-Known Member

Est:
    Jul 20, 2001
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $100.00
    SFU has NCAA rules to work around and wouldn't be putting a team in this or any league outside of their regular season. That's why you don't see NCAA teams in leagues like PDL etc... NCAA has some really stupid rules, no doubt!

One rule that may changing in the near future if US Soccer gets their way is the length of the NCAA season. They want it to extend past the winter, have a winter break and be spread out with a "March Madness" some time in the mid-late spring. If so, that may effect this league and L1O as players would have a tough time playing both for that length of time. PDL might get a pass as they have done an outstanding job of media relations showcasing it as the future of MLS players.

#151 djones, Jan 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  12. djones

djones Well-Known Member

Est:
    Jul 20, 2001
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $100.00
    Here is a summary I nicked from somewhere else in regards to the league. I'm just too lazy to not plagiarize. Thanks to whoever wrote this up...

...Financial requirements are high because they don't want it to be a "flash-in-pan, one-off season." They're looking for consistency & continuity with a 3-year commitment period.

With the CanPL coming along, BC was missing a key step in the development pathway. BCRT3 will sit below Whitecaps' USL-side and help bridge the gap. This will provide some key players to CanPL down the line.

There were 2 main reasons for the 3-month season, which was summed up as "Let's not run before we can walk." The league is "new territory" and experimental in nature. They are open to extending the season if it shows consistency. Additionally, they were concerned about the potential player pool and identified CIS & NCAA players returning to BC for the summer as the likely pool.

In regards to the D3-Interprovincial Cup: That's a connection to be explored "eventually."

In regards to women's sides: Something to consider one-day. "Let's not run before we can walk."

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Regs

Staff Member Total Bastard

Est:
    Jun 28, 2001
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $5,505.45
    Experimental in nature?

Is that something business people like to hear?

14. utah

utah Well-Known Member

Est:
    Sep 19, 2003
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $188.00
    I remember reading somewhere before that you could bet on Ontario League games?
    They must be part of the sports bet for the Lottery so I wonder if the league gets some money from that?

15. djones

djones Well-Known Member

Est:
    Jul 20, 2001
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $100.00
    There is LO1 and the old CSL in Ontario. The CSL is the one that has the fixing scandals and is the one that has all the betting.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Canucks4Ever

Canucks4Ever Well-Known Member

Est:
    Jan 9, 2011
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $120.00
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  17. Regs

Staff Member Total Bastard

Est:
    Jun 28, 2001
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $5,505.45
    Not really surprising.

Maybe that they even bothered to issue a press release is the only surprising element here.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard

Est:
    Jul 23, 2001
    TTP Credits:
    Dirty Money:
    $100.00
    Scary budget issues?