Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Regional div 3 leagues in Canada

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canadian Soccer Association releases report on Division II soccer viability in Canada | Canada Soccer

I don't know much or follow these developments too closely other than what hits TSN.ca etc. But I thought this was a bit of a useless outcome. Don't we on some level have these regional leagues (CSL in Ontario/Quebec and PCSL in BC - at least the PCSL of old)

In fact, I thought I remember reading a few years back of a potential national tournament to be set up when Ghouse was the soccer saviour in ACBC, er BC.

I also read that while the MLS is looking to partner with USL-Pro to create a better reserve league for MLS teams at the div 3 level, the CSA was not interested in participating in this set up. Doesn't that mean that Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal are forced to partner with USA teams to better their reserve squad competition?

In my opinion CSA should push for a Canadian division in the USL-Pro/Reserve league, with the 3 MLS teams forced to put their reserve squads, or partner with a Canadian club in this division. Suddenly we have 6 pro/semi-pro teams, not including Ottawa (2014) and Edmonton currently in div 2 NASL. CSA should push to ensure the Canadian content on the teams in this division is much higher than they did when Vancouver and Montreal entered MLS to begin with. As with the American teams in USL-Pro still eligible for US Open Cup, these too should compete for the Canadian championship, the reserve team acting as a separate entity in cup play.

Thoughts?

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Behind the music...errrr poster...Ghouse.

Watch the meteoric rise and fall of the man they called Ghouse.
From the big lights of downtown to a final move to the suburban streets and everything in between.

The show will cover turf shoe gate, the ACBC car, the BCPL, parties, women, run on sentences, hotel stays before games, bad uniforms, the battle with Reedy, a controversial tournament draw, as well the sad and teary goodbye letter to TTP.

Don't miss it. You can't even make this stuff up.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is there a version of Timmy's "The Priestly" available in this story?

Slurrey BC
Maple Walnut

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Behind the music...errrr poster...Ghouse.

Watch the meteoric rise and fall of the man they called Ghouse.
From the big lights of downtown to a final move to the suburban streets and everything in between.

The show will cover turf shoe gate, the ACBC car, the BCPL, parties, women, run on sentences, hotel stays before games, bad uniforms, the battle with Reedy, a controversial tournament draw, as well the sad and teary goodbye letter to TTP.

Don't miss it. You can't even make this stuff up.

ha ha funny stuff Gurps..

We can all make fun of guy who aint around to defend himself though.

I look past all the drama and i'll give him a ton of credit. He built a club from nothing made a bunch of foreign kids with nothing but the close they came here with feel at home. He Brought a sense of professionalism to his club. It was good for the FVSL at the time. All those players he found and funded that are now dispersed through out metro Vancouver playing for various squads have made for better soccer in these parts.

Love him or hate him the guy had heart and passion and thats something he shouldnt be knocked for.

Whether you agreed with him or not, the same goal was at hand to make soccer better here.

On a final note the guy earned my respect after he left the community. He has a family now he must provide for and knowing him, im sure he had to swallow his pride along the way on many occasions...Good for him!

Carry on.....

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
James Easton? What happened to Jim and Jr?

Jim Sr. is still with Skyline Sports (unless he has retired) out in Coquitlam now. Now I haven't seen him for a few years though.

Jim, Jr looks to have morphed into James Easton and looks to be doing pretty good with this San Fran outfit.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure if anybody has seen this little story...

CSA Cuts Ties with CSL

The cynical tinfoil hat opinion says that this is an attempt to legitimize the CSL by claiming that it was worth betting on:rolleyes:

It would definitely make the Div. 3 landscape more interesting if true. Not necessarily better, but more interesting. Anybody know what the calibre of play is in either the OSL or OLO (the other two organizations mentioned)?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure if anybody has seen this little story...

CSA Cuts Ties with CSL

The cynical tinfoil hat opinion says that this is an attempt to legitimize the CSL by claiming that it was worth betting on:rolleyes:

It would definitely make the Div. 3 landscape more interesting if true. Not necessarily better, but more interesting. Anybody know what the calibre of play is in either the OSL or OLO (the other two organizations mentioned)?

Trece, the story is very interesting. Apparently the author of the article had goons show up at his house and threaten him last year for digging into match-fixing in the CSL.

OLO is a brand new league this year, so tough to say what the level is. As for the OSL, I believe it is traditionally the top division of their league that sends the Ontario representative to the amateur Nationals to compete for the Challenge Trophy against the likes of VMSL/VISL Premier teams.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0