Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Referee Improvement

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
You can not have low wages and expect a good quality product. It is as simple as that. The league has a surplus. They can either lower the registration fees so the teams play the referees directly or the league can subsidize the games. Either way, there was a surplus accumulated from the work of the referees.

How are you going to afford all this being such a poor club on top of already paying players?

Ajyal Campo next year?

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe the league should get a discount for field use in the lower mainland , after all how many games does the league have to book. I am sure the official do a good job with yellow's and red card's .
I play the game for the love of it and the pints afterwards...........

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Right now somewhere there is a ref forum with ref's complaining about coaching, tactics and the skill of the local player, I just know it. Who the hell is coaching these guys they're saying? Why has he left that plug on for so bloody long, he useless! They need to find money to find better players! Imagine a world if a ref complained to a player and let him know what he was thinking every time he played an absolutely impossible, "what the fack were you thinking"? threw ball that goes into touch? Again. Or has a go at the player when his man who has just run by him for the 10th time in 5 minutes, only to shout for OFF-SIDE to save his ass? My favorite, the first touch that went so far away it put him in the 40/60 tackle he just lost and complained for a foul about?

You're right, ref's at this level do deserve more money.

...on either forum Im still a Cnut, no doubt.
All comments, are appreciated. I am sure we will find a way to find more money and support for them and at the same time more accountability or assessments.

I really can not complain about the last two games. The referees have been excellent. It is not because we won. They did a good job and made hard calls against us, but we did not receive a single yellow card for dissent.

I understand. It is a bitch of a job. Receiving complains 24/7 and never receiving positive reinforcement.

Collina once said this is the loneliest job in the world. I believe that he is right.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry referees you have lost your advocate for fees increase
As soccer coach is no longer with any VMSL team
I so looking forward to his input at the VMSL AGM

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
He cannot participate in the AGM as he is no longer a team representative. I think this will likely reduce the length of the AGM by 30-60 minutes.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry referees you have lost your advocate for fees increase
As soccer coach is no longer with any VMSL team
I so looking forward to his input at the VMSL AGM

Yes, the referees are now on their own.

It would have been fun to filibuster, but even next year, I will let the referees to have this fight on their own.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0