Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Record of the Westminster Hwy Acaademy Business in Adult League Matches

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Several months ago, Elmsey posted an interesting analysis of how the BC teams did at the Nationals in October.
His analysis showed that BC has dropped to fourth place, behind Ontario, Quebec and Alberta.

Now that the 2012/13 winter season is more than half-way finished, its interesting to see how his teams are doing in the VMSL and the MWSL. As of this week, his 3 teams have a combined record of 12 wins, 4 ties and 22 losses.

Does this win-loss record reveal much about his operation? Maybe not, because many of his players may be underage. The U21 teams I helped during the last couple years did not have good records.

I spoke to a parent of U17 girl on Elmsey's U21 MWSL team recently and the parent was quite happy. His daughter's team has 8 wins and 5 losses, and the parent feels it's good to have his daughter playing against older players.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does this win-loss record reveal much about his operation?

No.

Just as his analysis didn't reveal anything with respect to player development.

:rolleyes:

Colin Elmes

Aug 10, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does this win-loss record reveal much about his operation?

No.

Just as his analysis didn't reveal anything with respect to player development.

We are actually on No 5 Road.

And Regs, when are you going to get over the fact we let you go 11 years ago from doing our web work?;)

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Probably once you pay the money you stiffed me for. Plus interest.

Must be suffering from some memory loss Regs because I specifically remember giving you more value in product (which is what you wanted) than what you and I agreed was a final amount owed. You took product because you wanted prizes for your TTP Premier members and your golf tourney...remember? Oh, I guess not...

TulioMaravilha

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll take a stab.

I'm a parent of a kid on the Men's U21 team and although I obviously cannot talk for the others my feeling is that there is no concern in any of us with the win-loss record and parents are unanimously happy with the process, i.e., focus more on how the boys are (trying to) play (and improve it) than on what the score line shows at the end of the game. After all, the team is almost exclusively an underage team, mostly U18s, a few U17s and maybe 2 older players suiting on a game to provide more experience. Personally, I'm very satisfied with what my kid (one of the the U17s, late born BTW = U16 south of the border) is getting out of this: top-notch coaching, opportunity to compete against older and physically stronger players and, particularly, excellent and intense practices with a group of VERY dedicated players.

The decision of joining the team instead of keep playing in the BCSPL was my son's, fully supported by me, and I'd say he is also very happy with his choice and shares with me the feeling that this will help his plan of (trying to) play NCAA Div-I soccer while pursuing an engineering degree in the US. BTW, it was really a matter of choice as he has been playing in Tier 1 (previously Selects, now BCSPL) since he was 11, is a former NTC and PTP player, National U14 Champion with BC, National U16 Club Champion and could just have sit tight and finished his youth soccer career playing Tier 1.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll take a stab.

I'm a parent of a kid on the Men's U21 team and although I obviously cannot talk for the others my feeling is that there is no concern in any of us with the win-loss record and parents are unanimously happy with the process, i.e., focus more on how the boys are (trying to) play (and improve it) than on what the score line shows at the end of the game. After all, the team is almost exclusively an underage team, mostly U18s, a few U17s and maybe 2 older players suiting on a game to provide more experience. Personally, I'm very satisfied with what my kid (one of the the U17s, late born BTW = U16 south of the border) is getting out of this: top-notch coaching, opportunity to compete against older and physically stronger players and, particularly, excellent and intense practices with a group of VERY dedicated players.

The decision of joining the team instead of keep playing in the BCSPL was my son's, fully supported by me, and I'd say he is also very happy with his choice and shares with me the feeling that this will help his plan of (trying to) play NCAA Div-I soccer while pursuing an engineering degree in the US. BTW, it was really a matter of choice as he has been playing in Tier 1 (previously Selects, now BCSPL) since he was 11, is a former NTC and PTP player, National U14 Champion with BC, National U16 Club Champion and could just have sit tight and finished his youth soccer career playing Tier 1.
tell him to call me when he turns 31........i could use a premadonna with book smarts:rolleyes:

sid

TulioMaravilha

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
tell him to call me when he turns 31........i could use a premadonna with book smarts:rolleyes:

sid

LOL, Will keep that in mind but you'll be surprised, prima donna he ain't. Ask DJ, my son played for him for many years and had him as a teacher in high school, so I have him to thank for helping my kid improve both as a player and as a student.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LOL, Will keep that in mind but you'll be surprised, prima donna he ain't. Ask DJ, my son played for him for many years and had him as a teacher in high school, so I have him to thank for helping my kid improve both as a player and as a student.
DJ can inspire lots of people including myself & when Im spending time at development with my boy i cross my fingers and hope he is his coach .

sid

ps tell him to call me when he is 31

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0