Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Recomendations

SoccerStud

Feb 28, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hello Soccer Friends,

Not sure if this is a right place to post this and if its the wrong thread then I apologize and I will move this to the right thread.

Can anyone recommend a good physio clinic? Does anyone know what is a better option for muscular injury between physio, chiropractor, and massage therapy? Also, I am experiencing a lot of pain and I am allergic to pain meds does anyone have a better solution for pain? I am open to trying vitamins, herbs, plants or whatever as long as it does not harm me.

Thank you guys, I appreciate all the feedback.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hello Soccer Friends,

Not sure if this is a right place to post this and if its the wrong thread then I apologize and I will move this to the right thread.

Can anyone recommend a good physio clinic? Does anyone know what is a better option for muscular injury between physio, chiropractor, and massage therapy? Also, I am experiencing a lot of pain and I am allergic to pain meds does anyone have a better solution for pain? I am open to trying vitamins, herbs, plants or whatever as long as it does not harm me.

https://metrotownphysio.com/about-us/our-team/
I would recommend that you go there.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hello Soccer Friends,

Can you clarify an area you are looking for someone/something in? Might help people point imyou in the right direction.

SoccerStud

Feb 28, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can you clarify an area you are looking for someone/something in? Might help people point imyou in the right direction.

I am having issues with my hip and a hamstring. It started with a hip and now I am feeling it in my hamstring and knee. Its like a dominos effect.

Its really frustrating to have a nagging pain and that is why I am looking for an advice to pain management alternative. I have tried advil/ibuprofen, aspirin and Tylenol and nothing seem to work plus I found out that I am allergic to advil/ibuprofen. I am thinking of going to see naturopathic doctor and see if he can prescribe me something natural for pain while I get treatment.

Does anyone know of a good Naturopathic clinic?

@Yoda I would appreciate if you can point me in the right direction.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am having issues with my hip and a hamstring. It started with a hip and now I am feeling it in my hamstring and knee. Its like a dominos effect.

Its really frustrating to have a nagging pain and that is why I am looking for an advice to pain management alternative. I have tried advil/ibuprofen, aspirin and Tylenol and nothing seem to work plus I found out that I am allergic to advil/ibuprofen. I am thinking of going to see naturopathic doctor and see if he can prescribe me something natural for pain while I get treatment.

Does anyone know of a good Naturopathic clinic?

@Yoda I would appreciate if you can point me in the right direction.

That's useful information as well, but I meant geographical area. Burnaby, Vancouver, Chilliwack?

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
plus I found out that I am allergic to advil/ibuprofen. I am thinking of going to see naturopathic doctor and see if he can prescribe me something natural for pain while I get treatment.

Advil/ibuprofen were a mainstay in my kit bag until 2 years ago when I too was told I'm allergic to it. Adult onset allergies, gotta love them :/

For pain, I use Tylenol(extra strength, t3 etc). They are a different family of drugs than ibuprofen. Are you allergic to Tylenol as well?

If you're looking for something to deal with swelling/inflammation then we're kind of SOL as ibuprofen/NSAIDs are great for that. Ice is our best friend for that now.

I didn't see a naturopathic doctor. I'd be interested to know how that goes. Good luck!

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure your age and occupation (ie sedentary) something to try:

1. Front Planks: Really focus on activating the glutes in opposition to your adductors.

2. Side Planks: standard side plank but add in lateral leg raises.
3. Piriformis Stretches: you can look these up on Google.

Do a couple of sessions. See if you notice a difference in pain and mobility (Range if motion and sensation during Piriformis stretches may be a good indicator)

SoccerStud

Feb 28, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
Advil/ibuprofen were a mainstay in my kit bag until 2 years ago when I too was told I'm allergic to it. Adult onset allergies, gotta love them :/

For pain, I use Tylenol(extra strength, t3 etc). They are a different family of drugs than ibuprofen. Are you allergic to Tylenol as well?

If you're looking for something to deal with swelling/inflammation then we're kind of SOL as ibuprofen/NSAIDs are great for that. Ice is our best friend for that now.

I didn't see a naturopathic doctor. I'd be interested to know how that goes. Good luck!

I have been using ice and it does help for few hours or so but then the pain and discomfort comes back. It is kind of weird that I was never allergic to advil/ibuprofen until about few months ago. I will let you know about naturopathic doctor once I try them out.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh. I go some stuff. Its herbal. Does that fall under Naturopathic?

What do you have? I will try anything....

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
For systemic swelling, high doses of Tumeric are good (take every day). Look for Apex Energetics K-75 Turmero Active.

For pain, focus on creams with high concentration of CBN (similar to CBD from marijuana). There is no psychoactive component to this. This is the one I use, but the description is wrong. It talks about high levels of THC - there is virtually none in this cream. But, for post soccer muscle ache, this stuff is MAGIC.

http://herbaldispatch.com/product/activated-lho-transdermal-balm/

For collisions in soccer or other sporting events, take Arnica 200C. You take this right after the game (without beer, unfortunately - nothing else in mouth 15 minutes before and after) and then two more times that day. If you have been fully slammed, like in a car accident, then Arnica 1M - same instructions.

Please remit the $100 you would have paid a homeopath, or sign up to be a Better Bastard

SoccerStud

Feb 28, 2017
Tokens
Dirty Money
For systemic swelling, high doses of Tumeric are good (take every day). Look for Apex Energetics K-75 Turmero Active.

For pain, focus on creams with high concentration of CBN (similar to CBD from marijuana). There is no psychoactive component to this. This is the one I use, but the description is wrong. It talks about high levels of THC - there is virtually none in this cream. But, for post soccer muscle ache, this stuff is MAGIC.

http://herbaldispatch.com/product/activated-lho-transdermal-balm/

For collisions in soccer or other sporting events, take Arnica 200C. You take this right after the game (without beer, unfortunately - nothing else in mouth 15 minutes before and after) and then two more times that day. If you have been fully slammed, like in a car accident, then Arnica 1M - same instructions.

Please remit the $100 you would have paid a homeopath, or sign up to be a Better Bastard

@freddy thank you for the advise. I am going to order some and try it out and let you know the feedback. Have you tried CBD? I have heard that its good for pain and it doesn't make you high like weed does. What are your thoughts on it?

Not sure your age and occupation (ie sedentary) something to try:

1. Front Planks: Really focus on activating the glutes in opposition to your adductors.

2. Side Planks: standard side plank but add in lateral leg raises.
3. Piriformis Stretches: you can look these up on Google.

Do a couple of sessions. See if you notice a difference in pain and mobility (Range if motion and sensation during Piriformis stretches may be a good indicator)

I tried doing it this morning and I was having discomfort in my hip and lower back area. I am going to commit and do this for 2 weeks and see how it makes me feel. Thank you for the advice.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
@freddy thank you for the advise. I am going to order some and try it out and let you know the feedback. Have you tried CBD? I have heard that its good for pain and it doesn't make you high like weed does. What are your thoughts on it?

I tried doing it this morning and I was having discomfort in my hip and lower back area. I am going to commit and do this for 2 weeks and see how it makes me feel. Thank you for the advice.

Have a read below

http://extras.denverpost.com/stateofhope/#part1

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
CBN is one of the chemicals in pot. CBD is a similar one. They both address pain receptors. I have tried both, and found CBN to be better for achy pain from sports. But, I have only found it once from the link I provided. CBD creams and oils are more available for sure. Some people find smoking pot helps. I find it helps, but not so much for pain, but rather mood and other things. When I slipped a disc in my back, a marijuana tincture was the only thing that addressed my pain, other than opioids which I refuse to take - they lay me out and I forget who I am.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0