Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier Realignment

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What is the setup for this years premier side I have heard numerous things about who has gone from the a to b and vice versa but they must have announced something at the AGM.

Cheers
JB

whodoesn'ttrustwhattheconstitutionsays

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Look in the Constitution

I think they have the set-up in the constitution.

ie. certain place teams move from A to B.

I think there are three switch over's.

How do they decide which promoted teams play on which side?

I bet that ACM will be on Metro-Ford's side, just like the Serbs were last year.
No conflict of interest here, but someone has to do the job.

HOS

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's up somewhere, I think on Croata's website.

ACM are on the same side as Sporting, Burnaby and Argentina.

That's all I can remember.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hos~ Isn't it the average teams that place 4th and 5th that swap sides every year? You should know BBY has moved 5 years on the trot haven't they?

As far as the new teams coming in I haven't heard how that is decided. Does it really matter? I know Croatia is desperately hoping ACM are put in their group so they can fight off relegation for at least one more season.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNOB

Hey KNOB, I've been silent for far too long here. I hardly think we'll be fighting off relegation next year. Oh and here's something to throw into your pipe and smoke, after you've finished smoking my schlong....you may just see an old face return to the red white and blue...a certain defender with national team experience, who has become very familiar with St Andrew's golf course over the past 3 or 4 years!!;)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
a certain defender with national team experience, who has become very familiar with St Andrew's golf course over the past 3 or 4 years!!
Why would Nick go back to Croatia A when it is Peg that is getting the pension plan benefit?

~Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by knvb
Hos~ Isn't it the average teams that place 4th and 5th that swap sides every year? You should know BBY has moved 5 years on the trot haven't they?

You have got to be joking Knob, we have only moved the last 4 out of 5 years, one year we came in 6th place and did'nt move.

Slurry wins One trophy against a Wheel-chair riden team, and now he can slag BBY. Don't start Winding me up.

HOSknowsBBYbattleseveryYearforTopFourspotsOver-All

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Code:
PREMIER DIVISION

Group A					Group B

West Van Trollers				   Burnaby Canadians ‘A’
ICSF Inter				   AC Milan		
Croatia SC ‘A’				   Pegasus FC ‘A’
Rino’s Westside ‘A’			   Metro-Ford Wolves
Pacific 96ers				   Sapperton Rovers ‘A’
SportsTown FC ‘A’	   		            Sporting Club ‘A’
Surrey United ‘A’				   Argentina Athletics
Group "A" looks a little tougher...

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holly shite does it ever look harder.....

Well, well look who's all finished with their therapy. Over that OG yet Bronco? Good for you. It's best to move on as quick as possible. ;) If Nick's coming back where does that leave your giant head? Playing left-right out next year?

Sorry Hos I meant 4 years on the trot not five. :rolleyes: I think I'm allowed a certain amout of banter after being apart of Surrey winning the league, at least until the season starts..... :rolleyes:

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNOB

Yes, the OG is well put behind me now. Looking forward to a new season. I agree, our side ooks tougher, but you can't really say the Trollops or the Toons are anything to worry about. The Toons will be pink and gay as ever, and the Trollops are all down in Dallas as we speak attending a training camp with the Dallas Cowboy's pharmaceutical team. They are bound to "rage out" well before Christmas!!!!:D

Saint

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So what changes for Croatia?

Ability to defend during important games: Status quo

World Cup Qualification 1994: Only about a minute out from half-time one of the few periods of maintaining possession by Australia paid off. After knocking the ball this way and that, Ned Zelic got the ball on the left side of the box and took the ball past two defenders to the goal line. His centreing shot was met by Dasovic who tried to head the ball over the bar...either way he scored an own goal.

Average sex appeal: Definite improvement

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
(Reuters) CP - Vancouver, B.C.

Dasovic Signs?
Canadian International stunned to learn portly centerback still on Croatia SC roster

Former St. Johnstone and Canadian National Team midfielder Nick Dasovic is reported to be signing with Vancouver's Croatia SC for the upcoming 2002 VMSL Premier league season, according to potential teammate Dario Kuna.

"Here's something to throw into your pipe and smoke, after you've finished smoking my schlong," explained Kuna, who scored an own goal to eliminate his side from Provincial Cup competition a year ago. "You may just see an old face return to the red white and blue...a certain defender with national team experience, who has become very familiar with St Andrew's golf course over the past 3 or 4 years!!"

Reading between the crudely assembled lines of Kuna's quote, media immediatley assumed that he was speaking of Dasovic, the former Croatia SC star who later went on to forge a successful career playing in Scotland, and internationally with Canada.

Dasovic was stunned by the news.

"Kuna still plays? Where the hell have I been?" Dasovic asked. "We all figured he'd gone and topped himself after basically ruining our impressive Provincial Cup run of a year ago. I mean, if he didn't do it himself, I'm sure there would have been at least one crazy fan who would have went Escobar on his ass."

Kuna was unavailable for further comment, but put forth some Ken Caminitti-like accusations that nearly half the VMSL is "roiding up" and "on the juice", which he then correlated to his potting of a crucial own goal which put Westside in the provincial cup final, and put his teammates on the tee sheet at Swan-E-Set for the rest of the spring.

The VMSL regular season is set to kick off on the second week in September. Croatia have been placed in group "A" with the team that Kuna scored an own goal (a golden goal, no less) for in last year's Provincial Cup - Westside.

Editor's Note:

It is worth mentioning that Kuna conducted this interview from the changeroom at Adanac wearing only his soccer boots and a Croatia SC scarf. Apparently reporters thought he was only kidding when he cryptically told them "in some ways, I've never really left the field where I ruined my team's chance at glory."

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Check the Numbers Sucker's

Originally posted by kurgan
Code:
PREMIER DIVISION

Group A					Group B

West Van Trollers				   Burnaby Canadians ‘A’
ICSF Inter				   AC Milan		
Croatia SC ‘A’				   Pegasus FC ‘A’
Rino’s Westside ‘A’			   Metro-Ford Wolves
Pacific 96ers				   Sapperton Rovers ‘A’
SportsTown FC ‘A’	   		            Sporting Club ‘A’
Surrey United ‘A’				   Argentina Athletics
Group "A" looks a little tougher...

Group B is going to be by far a more competitive group than Group A.

The numbers from last year tell the story:

BBY. Canadians 31pts., 4th on side, 5th over-all league.
Pegasus 37pts., win side, but lose League Cup.
MF Wolves 34pts., third of side, 4th over-all league.
Sapp. Rovers 29pts., second on side, 6th over-all league.
Argies 28pts., 5th on side, 7th over-all league.
Sporting Club 19 pts., Stay up first year in Priemer ahead of Indo.
A.C.M. Promotion from First Div., will only get stronger with players from Inter moving over.

On Side A, teams had terrible years in league, even Westside that went to the Provincial Cup finals had a poor year with only 26 points in League play.
Yes, there is Slurrey and Toontown who had good years, but that is just the top two teams.
Plus the new team "P. Diddy" 96ers could be no better than ACM, even though they battled hard with Clan for promotion.

HOSchecksalltheNumbers

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looking at the groupings a little more closely, it appears that something is amiss... Does anyone know if the constitution has changed this year with regards to teams switching sides?

Going by what Kurgan posted, 3 teams swapped sides instead of the 2 that we are all aware of (4th and 5th place teams are supposed to switch). What gives?

Why was MF switched over to side B?

~Regs.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs,

Same as in Div 1, teams 3-4-5 switched over last year and it looks like they have done the same this year.........and as for the question that someone else posted earlier, they decide the placement of the promoted team by the flip of a coin:rolleyes: no seriously, they do! I think that is how they determine most things there.

John

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I had no idea where to post but I'm letting the ttp world know that ACM is not going to struggle, we are going to compete this year!!!

its4amandiamhammered

leechy tactics

Mar 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia

Croatia will compete for championship next year. The second half of the season belonged to croatia, going unbeaten in 12 games. This solid performance will continue in september. Come November when all players are available to join croatia's side due to university/professional obligations, Croatia will be the team to stop. Mark my words.:D

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Same old same old.....

jsarai,

You're new to the game of VMSL soccer, I take it.

Every year it's the same old thing......teams are waiting for their main players to return from one thing or another only to have them disappear at the end of the year. Most teams go through this year in-year out. A season is 8 months long, not 3 or 4. This is an old news type of hope......dream on, as usual.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts