Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Re: [Soccer Guru] Canada loses to Costa Rica 1-0 in World Cup soccer qualifying

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry for anyone who was going to watch the game at 11pm on SportsNet but....

Canada lost to Costa Rica 1-0. Our World Cup hopes are as good as gone unless they win all three remaining games with 2 of them being played in Central America. Yallop and the boys haven't had any luck (injuries and poor refereeing decisions) and I can't see some of the Europeans coming back over if our chances are slim to none when qualification resumes. Bitter disappointment, once again.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Jonesy, yes i watched that crap again tonight!(sportsnet west had it live)
The football that the boys played out there tonight was absolutely shocking again.
It is not Frankies fault and he should not pay the price, we just don't have the players that can come together for two weeks at a time and expect them to accomplish anything better than a game of chase?
This team looks bad and did not create any real chances all game long.
I am a Canada fan and this is not my way of bashing the young lads who give their guts out there.Facts are facts and we must find a way to get these boys together way more during the year.
To see Canada stuck in this football rut that they are now in is simply not good enough.
This match stunk really really bad tonight!.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did you watch the game? I thought we were awful. Gave the ball away more than a rec. summer team. Forced poor balls into tight areas too. Shoc-king.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't but according to the write-up from CanadaSoccer website :rolleyes: Canada didn't look that bad. That one that DeRoserio set-up (kept the ball in and crossed it behind the Costa Rican goalie for our other player (Radzinski?) failedto convert was awfly dissappointing.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
couldn't agree more with all the comments regarding last nights game...Crap game by the Canadians....I thought DeRoserio played fairly well but we sure have a lot of weaknesses all over the pitch....Thought the Canadian team lacked speed, they just seemed to be a step or two slow all night.

very disappointed about the whole thing, still would like to see the Canadian Boys finish with three strong games...

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0