Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ray Bourque

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs

I think you nailed it. Colorado needed the media attention. The team has not been playing well and with Roy not going to the olympics all they have been getting is bad media attention.

Just to let you guys know, I disagreed with you guys to see what type of reaction I would get. :D

My real thoughts:

Eventhough Bourque was a big factor in winning the cup last year he did not deserve to get his number 77 retired in colorado. Like you guys have been saying it takes alot more than winning a cup to get your number retired. A player like Joe Sakic should get his number retired in Colorado cause he was there when the team was not doing to well, and is a big part of the history of the franchise. When a player gets his number retired on a team it is because he has done something for the team that will be remebered for a long time. Bourque won a stanley cup in Colorado and that is it nothing else.

Trivia: Does anyone know what place Raymond Bourque is in for Colorados all-time leading scorers? I mean points with the club not his total.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Raymond Bourque was not big factor in winning the cup last year....Sakic, Hejduk, Blake and Roy just brought him along for the ride. He gave up so many costly turnovers in the playoffs the AV'S were wishing he got hit by the injury bug. He should never get his number retired in Colorado, I think it is an emberassment(sp) to the league and especially the Boston Bruins. Next the Canucks are gonna have Mark Messier Day:rolleyes:

benoitbrunetplayedfortheHABS12seasons:eek:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Garrett knows his stuff

Jonh Garrett on Outside The Crease tonight had this to say about the Ray Bourque number retirement in Colorado saga (and I'm paraphrasing here):

TB on TTP is entirely correct. It's an absolute fcuking disgrace that the Avalanche retired Bourque's number. Why didn't they retire Kurri's number?

~TB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0