Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rained out Games. What's the Rules?

Mr_McNaughty

New Member
Nov 19, 2006
2
0
Tokens
0
Dirty Money
100
Hey Guys -

I need some rule clarification. Our home field was rained out this weekend and I thought the rules would allow us to reschedule. However, the team we are playing complained to the Board and said we could play on their home turf (which I doubt is any better).

Unfortunately, we received this call at 9pm last night and try getting a bunch of clowns together before 10.30am so that we can make it to the new turf before kick-off. As a result, we are forced to forfeit the game. :mad:

Does anyone know if this is legit? :confused: If this is supposed to be OUR home game on OUR turf, how can the other team call up and have the game moved? On top of this, it's less than 24hrs! Plus, have you looked outside lately? We're talking a nasty storm where I'm at.

I think the team pulled a sly move, hoping that we wouldn't be able to pull a team together and take an easy win.

What are your thoughts?

sm.
 

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
32,242
18,981
Tokens
16,501
Dirty Money
58,388
Bogus.

It's your home game and less than 24 hours isn't acceptable notice under any circumstances.
 

Conductor

Well-Known Member
May 1, 2002
1,306
68
Tokens
198
Dirty Money
100
I agree with Regs on this one. That's total bullsh*t if the league says your team loses by forfiet. It's your home game so if the field was closed, than it's ultimately up to the league to find an alternate field and give at least 2 days notice. The exception to this would be if the 2 teams invovled did find an alternate field on their own, and both agreed to play. I would definitely protest that and if your team needs a lawyer, I heard there is a co-ed team that could probably get you in touch with one.:D
 

canucklehead

Member
Mar 13, 2002
377
3
Tokens
63
Dirty Money
100
Mr_McNaughty said:
Hey Guys -

I need some rule clarification. Our home field was rained out this weekend and I thought the rules would allow us to reschedule. However, the team we are playing complained to the Board and said we could play on their home turf (which I doubt is any better).

Unfortunately, we received this call at 9pm last night and try getting a bunch of clowns together before 10.30am so that we can make it to the new turf before kick-off. As a result, we are forced to forfeit the game. :mad:

Does anyone know if this is legit? :confused: If this is supposed to be OUR home game on OUR turf, how can the other team call up and have the game moved? On top of this, it's less than 24hrs! Plus, have you looked outside lately? We're talking a nasty storm where I'm at.

I think the team pulled a sly move, hoping that we wouldn't be able to pull a team together and take an easy win.

What are your thoughts?

sm.
A raw deal for sure. In aggreement with the others. Late notice, your home game, blah blah...protest it. Sounds bunk.
 

Captain Shamrock

Well-Known Member
Jul 20, 2001
16,163
554
Tokens
241
Dirty Money
198
Mr_McNaughty said:
Hey Guys -

I need some rule clarification. Our home field was rained out this weekend and I thought the rules would allow us to reschedule. However, the team we are playing complained to the Board and said we could play on their home turf (which I doubt is any better).

Unfortunately, we received this call at 9pm last night and try getting a bunch of clowns together before 10.30am so that we can make it to the new turf before kick-off. As a result, we are forced to forfeit the game. :mad:

Does anyone know if this is legit? :confused: If this is supposed to be OUR home game on OUR turf, how can the other team call up and have the game moved? On top of this, it's less than 24hrs! Plus, have you looked outside lately? We're talking a nasty storm where I'm at.

I think the team pulled a sly move, hoping that we wouldn't be able to pull a team together and take an easy win.

What are your thoughts?

sm.


Bollocks......our league tried that with us a couple of years ago and we refused to play it because it was too short of notice for our players. Your league should be no different. That's complete shite.
 

Furious George

New Member
Sep 17, 2006
71
0
Tokens
0
Dirty Money
100
That's what happens when you get a first place team (Aldergrove) that's scared sh!tless that somebody's going to knock them off. So they take the points anyway they can and try to win the division through the backdoor. Doesn't surprise me that they would do that.
 

Cantuzzi

New Member
Sep 23, 2004
357
4
Tokens
0
Dirty Money
100
Bullshit.... bullshit... bullshit...

Mr_McNaughty

Get your facts straight before your run your mouth! Your coach called our coach at 9:30pm on Saturday night trying to cancel the game cause your field was "unplayable" that is unacceptable... so at the time we told your coach that our field was open and in good condition he said - No -

Its in the rules and with all the rain outs if we can get a game in why not... you guys try and cancel 9:30 on a Saturday night is chicken shite and the way I see it you guys did better in forfeit (1-0) than the 6-0 pounding you would have taken... to top it all off your coach showed up at the field sunday and said you guys only had 4 players that could play and thats why he tried to cancel!

Furious George we were not scared at all - everyone from our team showed up at 11:00am hoping for a game

Cantuzzi
 

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
16,735
4,590
Tokens
15,679
Dirty Money
1,957
Cantuzzi,

Like it or not there is a process / precedent in place.

Process is: check the field close to game time. If unplayable, contact the league and the other team. If the two teams AGREE to an alternate location / time, only then should you play the game. Otherwise, the league needs to re-schedule.

It could very well be that their entire squad was OK to play the Saturday, but not available Sunday. That isn't such a stretch. Guys often set their work / personal schedules around the soccer calendar, so when you change at the last minute, it puts people in a bind.

Sounds like the process, in this case, wasn't followed. Game should be rescheduled by the league.
 

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
7,271
1,150
Tokens
7,516
Dirty Money
11,484
Cantuzzi said:
Bullshit.... bullshit... bullshit...

Mr_McNaughty

Get your facts straight before your run your mouth! Your coach called our coach at 9:30pm on Saturday night trying to cancel the game cause your field was "unplayable" that is unacceptable... so at the time we told your coach that our field was open and in good condition he said - No -

Its in the rules and with all the rain outs if we can get a game in why not... you guys try and cancel 9:30 on a Saturday night is chicken shite and the way I see it you guys did better in forfeit (1-0) than the 6-0 pounding you would have taken... to top it all off your coach showed up at the field sunday and said you guys only had 4 players that could play and thats why he tried to cancel!

Furious George we were not scared at all - everyone from our team showed up at 11:00am hoping for a game

Cantuzzi

I find the bold funny...is there a time of the day that a field is considered unplayable??? Lucky he phoned you at 9:30pm instead of making you drive out there to have the ref say's it unplayable
 

Cantuzzi

New Member
Sep 23, 2004
357
4
Tokens
0
Dirty Money
100
Your missing the point who knows if the field was unplayable I am guessing he found out he only had four guys that could play and he tried to cancel the game I don't know who goes down to the field at 9:00 when its pitch dark to make an assement of the field.
 

Furious George

New Member
Sep 17, 2006
71
0
Tokens
0
Dirty Money
100
Cantuzzi,

First of all, you guys are going to win the league; you're too many points clear of 2nd place and have proven to be the most consistent team. So start acting like division leaders: play the game and beat them on the scoresheet. The fact the you are willing to win a game by forfeit against the last place team, when they are willing to reschedule, makes the whole of div. 2A look (even more) mickey mouse.
 

Cantuzzi

New Member
Sep 23, 2004
357
4
Tokens
0
Dirty Money
100
Like I said we are not scared to play this game but last year we miss a couple of games and were not able to get them played at the end of the year due to a lengthly cup run - checked the web site and this is what is says....

"Visiting teams must be notified before midnight Friday of field closures or changes."

"If your opponent's field is open and available, you must play at that field. You will be responsible for the referee's fee and your opponent willbe responsible for field preparation. If neither team has a playable field you must notify the League scheduler before 12:00 noon Saturday, who will attempt to provide an alternate field."

"Although your field may be "open", you are required to inspect your field early enough to allow time to notify your opponent of deteriorating or unplayable conditions when poor weather conditions have set in. If your field is determined to be unplayable, even though it is "open", you must attend your opponent's field if it is available."

seems pretty clear...
 

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
16,735
4,590
Tokens
15,679
Dirty Money
1,957
Well, I supose you'll get your points on the technicality, then.

But you know, what goes around, comes around.

I'm still thanking the Chilliwack guys for that rain-out they gave our Cat team two years back on that sunny Sunday in December, the day after a team X-Mass function at Utah's.

I missed going to the tree farm w/ the wife and kids that day, too.
 

Jarmanator

New Member
Nov 20, 2006
4
0
Tokens
0
Dirty Money
100
What did we (Aldergrove) do wrong here? If their coach calls us Saturday and says they won't have enough to field a team and asks for a reschedule, that's one thing. But that's not what they did. We were told that their field was unplayable, so we offered our home field, which was actually in real good shape. Then their coach shows up on Sunday, tells us they're not coming out and calls us chicken-shite for accepting the forfeit. Clearly they were never going to have enough guys to play, and that's the reason for the Saturday night call. If we're guilty of anything, it's only trying whatever we could to get the game in. If we were told the truth in the first place (that they were too short to play), there's a possibility we could have worked something out. I know I wouldn't have objected to an earlier start to Grey Cup drinking! But they didn't, and that's why the forfeit took place.
 

thedefender

Member
Sep 22, 2006
101
4
Tokens
4
Dirty Money
100
Furious George said:
Cantuzzi,

First of all, you guys are going to win the league; you're too many points clear of 2nd place and have proven to be the most consistent team. So start acting like division leaders: play the game and beat them on the scoresheet. The fact the you are willing to win a game by forfeit against the last place team, when they are willing to reschedule, makes the whole of div. 2A look (even more) mickey mouse.

I gotta agree with that statement. You guys are the division leaders why would you want to take a forfiet victory? Step up and play the game.
 

Mr_McNaughty

New Member
Nov 19, 2006
2
0
Tokens
0
Dirty Money
100
Jarmanator said:
What did we (Aldergrove) do wrong here? If their coach calls us Saturday and says they won't have enough to field a team and asks for a reschedule, that's one thing. But that's not what they did. We were told that their field was unplayable, so we offered our home field, which was actually in real good shape. Then their coach shows up on Sunday, tells us they're not coming out and calls us chicken-shite for accepting the forfeit. Clearly they were never going to have enough guys to play, and that's the reason for the Saturday night call. If we're guilty of anything, it's only trying whatever we could to get the game in. If we were told the truth in the first place (that they were too short to play), there's a possibility we could have worked something out. I know I wouldn't have objected to an earlier start to Grey Cup drinking! But they didn't, and that's why the forfeit took place.

Sorry for the delay guys. Too much holiday cheer...

Anyway, that's bullshit Jarmonator, and you know it. I seem to recall that the last game on your field, you won by 1-0 and it wasn't because you dominated the play. I was looking forward to taking you down a peg this game. And so was the rest of the team. There's never been a game where we didn't have enough players, including this day.

Unfortunately, you try getting a hold of a team at 9.30-10pm on a Saturday night or first thing Sunday morning. We could not confirm a full team for a trip to Aldergrove. We didn't want our guys driving to your backwards inbreeding country to play a game that may or may not be cancelled. The weather was shiat all week, it was shiat on Saturday, and every other field was shiat Sunday.

It's not like Aldergrove is 20 minutes away, and for those that had to work after the game, myself included, I would've been seriously late.

You say you wanted to play and beat us 6-0, but I tend to agree with the majority of the blogs; it's just a cheap way for you to get a win and that's bad karma.

Reschedule the game and let's see how it plays out.

sm.
 

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
0
Dirty Money
0
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts

Top