Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Racing Silly Season

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
As must as I dislike the IRL, this will be a good thing for Pat...

Report: Carpentier signs with IRL

TSN.ca Staff

9/29/2004

Patrick Carpentier is set to join Eddie Cheever's IRL team in 2005.

According to Robin Miller of SpeedTV.com, Carpentier has agreed to a two year deal with the Red Bull-sponsored team.

"It's a good deal financially and a good team," Carpentier said.

"I've enjoyed my time in Champ Car but I've got to do what's best for my future and nobody (in Champ Car) seems to want me."

Carpentier is expecte to replace Alex Barron on Team Cheever, which also employs driver Ed Carpenter. He will become the first Canadian driver to compete full time on the oval-based series since Scott Goodyear.

Last month, Carpentier indicated that his future in racing was likely with the IRL, saying he would not accept racing in Paul Tracy's shadow with Forsythe Racing any more. He also said it was his desire to race in the Indianapolis 500, something that is unlikely to happen with Forsythe, a part-owner of rival Champ Car.

Carpentier, who is having a strong finish to the current season, sits third in the Champ Car standings, 23 points up on Tracy.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, they are racing on three road courses next year. I still think that(as much as I love CART)that it will be gone in a couple of years. Gobbled up by the IRL, which will then just turn in to, well, CART.

I can't believe no one in CART would sign him. It doesn't make any sense at all.

On another note, Christiano Dematta will be back in CART next year. Not sure for which team, but that is the rumour.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's official: Robby won't return to RCR

October 26, 2004
02:52 PM EDT (18:52 GMT)

WELCOME, N.C. (AP) -- Robby Gordon said Tuesday he will leave Richard Childress Racing at the end of the season with the intention of racing for his own Nextel Cup team in 2005.

RCR will name Gordon's replacement on Friday.
Richard Childress
"Now is the time for me to start my future as an owner at NASCAR's highest level," said Gordon, who was co-owner of a short-lived Cup team in 2000 with John Menard and Mike Held. Gordon then drove for several teams in 2001 before winding up with Childress and winning the season-ending race at New Hampshire. That victory earned Gordon a full-time ride with RCR.
Gordon, who has run a part-time Busch Series schedule this year with his own team, said he has been putting the pieces in place for a Cup team for most of 2004.
Robby Gordon
"We don't have anything to announce yet for next season," he said. "We hope to make some announcements soon."
Gordon and Childress both said the parting is amicable, although the owner put the former open-wheel racing star on probation after he started an accident at New Hampshire in September that seriously damaged the championship hopes of title contenders Tony Stewart and Jeremy Mayfield.
"He has won three points races, a qualifying race at Daytona and has had a lot of good runs for RCR since 2001, but sometimes change is good," Childress said. "Robby is a true racer and I will always be grateful to him for what we've been able to accomplish together and for the positive things he brought to our organization."
Going into Sunday's race at Atlanta Motor Speedway, Gordon is 23rd in the season standings.

The Paul Tracey rumors are swirling again!!!! Will he replace Robby in the Cingular Wireless #31??? I doubt it, but Richard Childress loves him, and he is always the #1 name talked about!!!

We will see later today...

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Argyle said:
The Paul Tracey rumors are swirling again!!!! Will he replace Robby in the Cingular Wireless #31??? I doubt it, but Richard Childress loves him, and he is always the #1 name talked about!!!

We will see later today...
Nah, won't happen, as much as many of us would like to see it. Paul is as much as a headcase as Robby is, and runs into as many guys as Robby as well! NASCAR does not need another demolition driver, and I'm afraid that would be Paul's fate there. Besides, open wheel racing needs Paul Tracy; he's one of the best open wheel drivers there is.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm a little miffed at the Vancouver race not being on the sched for next year. I was planning on going as it will more than likely be the last one. Turns out I should have gone last year.

Tracy in NAScar will never happen. Unless Cart dies. Then maybe.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
On another note, Christiano Dematta will be back in CART next year. Not sure for which team, but that is the rumour.

Of course he will...where else would a former CART champion who couldn't make it on the other side of the pond go?? Certainly not to the IRL... :eek:

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
Tracy in NAScar will never happen. Unless Cart dies. Then maybe.

Even then, not likely. NASCAR has enough hotheads who run into their fellow drivers on a regular basis...no room for Tracy there. Now CASCAR, maybe... :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts