Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Punched Out The Life and Death of a Hockey Enforcer

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's too complicated an issue.

You have Generations of people playing or participating in an activity where the slightest changes in the "rules of engagement" is like destroying a culture.

I'm not sure if I am anti-fighting or pro-fighting.

I played elite hockey, I was asked to fight, I was good at it and didn't like it too much. I stopped doing it, I got cut. I might not have ever had a chance at an NHL contract, in fact it would have been like a 0.00001% chance. That being said it's probably wasn't going to be worth it, but I know a goon or two and know that they are capable of more than fighting, just not at the NHL level and that if they were asked whether or not they wanted to fight and make an annual salary with 6 zeros behind it or not fight and make a salary with 5 zeros behind it that they would opt to fight and make the 6 zeros salary.

it's an interesting piece for sure, and as smug as that arsehole Bettman is, he has a point, they could cross section any athletes brain and see those brown spots... I'm no neurologist, but I know if Bettman said that, he's gotta have some talented and respected Doc's telling him that info.

Fighting will always be a part of hockey, as will open ice bodychecks, low bridge and hip checks, hitting from behind, etc.

thanks for posting that akslop.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0