Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Province Cup

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
regs, feel free to move this should you see fit.

from the excellent site:

PROVINCE CUP: There will be 3 different Provincial Cup competitions involving VMSL teams this year: 1) The Open Men’s Province Cup will start on April 12/13, 2003 with a round of 16. The quarter-finals will be held on April 26/27, the semi-finals on May 3/4, and the final on May 10. The semi-finals will be hosted by the Fraser Valley League, while the final will be held on Vancouver Island. The VMSL will be represented by 8 teams, 4 of which will be the Imperial Cup semi-finalists. The other 4 teams will be the top teams in the Premier Division—regardless of which group they come from.

VISL and FVSL will get four teams. BC Soccer has obviously rewarded the island league for producing the two time defending champion...tough to argue against that.
Should have taken two spots away from FVSL rather than VMSL if they are basing it on results.
As for the top four teams regardless of side from VMSL. Playing argies twice sure makes for a bonus on Side B. Imperial Cup going to be that much more important this year.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We, the VMSL, must travel, Again

Last year the semi's were on the Island, this year the final. So four teams from the VMSL and MWSL will be traveling on May 10th.

You could also get 4 VMSL teams playing in the Semi's in the Fraser Valley the week before.

Yes, I think that all three of the soccer leagues should share the Cup Final play and Semi-Final play Location, but have a team that wins and makes it to the semi's or final host it.

That is, If Gorge make it to the final this year, then play the game on the Island, but if not, play it in Vancouver.

Same for the Semi's, if there is Valley teams in the Semi's, have the games in the Valley.
But don't have 4 VMSL teams go out to the valley and play the semi's in front of no-one, just because it is thier turn to host.

Do I make sense or am I off my rocker, sonny.

HOS

Please, no comments about how I don't have to worry because I won't be playing on that Weekend. Every team in the VMSL Premier has a good chance to make the semi's, just look at the lucky Sapperton team last year. Well allmost everyone, Argies and Croatia are excluded.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay, I won't comment on that, but I will comment on your subject/verb agreement . We'll leave the apostrophes........:wa:

Same for the Semi's, if there is Valley teams in the Semi's, have the games in the Valley

yowen

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I might be a tad biased but..........

It's about time the VISL recieved 2 more spots. In previous years, very good sides were unable to compete since it was only the league and cup champs that earned berths. IMO this is probably the toughest league to earn a provincial spot from. Look for gorge, vantreights, nanaimo, and powell river to come out of the VISL.

I do agree with cerebral smallsy that the spots should have been taken from the valley, if they are going to base it on historical results.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
torn

once again, i find myself torn as i'm in agreement with HOS. should there be two mainland sides (i do mean VMSL, but don't want get into a huge debate with the valley lads) in the final then travelling to the island makes no sense. however, as it is done on a rotational basis, said teams will simply have to live with it.
that being said, the final last year was here (town centre) and the crowd was disappointing. bigger crowd for the nation's cup final for fcuk's sake. no beer garden at province cup final last year...hmmm.
one final note...HOS you are correct that essentially, any team has a realistic chance of playing on that weekend, including Khalsa. however, whether or not you will be playing is up for debate;)

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Khalsa has a better chance than Weakside, by 3-1

Originally posted by cerebral smallsy
HOS you are correct that essentially, any team has a realistic chance of playing on that weekend, including Khalsa. however, whether or not you will be playing is up for debate;)

I will let the performance (3-1) on the weekend (3-1), stand (3-1) as my comeback (3-1) to your (3-1) comment (3-1).

HOS3to13to13to1...everyonesing:wa:

The Teacher

May 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
A bad setup

The island teams are finally getting the respect that they deserve, as there are some talented teams that did not get to go anywhere due to the 2-team qualification from years past. However, it is silly to set the stage for the semis and finals before the teams are announced - especially if there are no island teams in the final. It is a waste of time and money. While the league believes that it is important to "rotate" the venues - the players are not getting paid and hardly generate enough of a paying crowd to warrant taking the ferry over to the island for the final.
:confused:

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For what it's worth, the Valley guys would like to actually participate in one of the semi-final games. It's the least we could do as hosts.:rolleyes:

Don't tie yourself up in a knot. The Monkey knows it's a llllooooonnnnnnnnnnggggg shot.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Small Bank, no Security

Originally posted by cerebral smallsy

HOS, i'm banking all these quotes for later use in the 'Khalsa Moving Up' thread:D

Smallsy, I am one a little tear tonight after a big win, but I think I have some good quotes for you and larsson in many of the VMSL threads.
Here is one, "HOS with his second shutout of the season vs. Slurrey". Send that one to knvb please.

Great nighty at QPS:wa: HOS

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the Excellent Site

Along with the Provincial Cup held in April and May, there is also an U-21 Provincial Cup this Year and for the first time a Mens "B" Provincial Cup to be held in June 2003.

What is this all about, is it for teams that did not qualify for the Provincial Cup, or is it a Tournament held by the BCSA, that is held over a weekend or two weekends?
Could it be a CAT Provincial Cup?
Any word on what is going on?

HOS

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've been sitting on posting about that HOS... I bet that the VMSL is thinking of entering teams that win the DIV 1 and DIV 2 cups :rolleyes:

Personally I think it is crap. Every team in the VMSL should be entered into the Imperial Cup, period.

I can already hear teams such as the Mermaids chirping about how they competed well in the "provincials" :rolleyes:

~Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So you are saying that it would be a Cup Winner Cup

Imperial Cup Champ, Div. 1 Cup Champ, Div. 2 Cup Chump.

Plus all the Cup winners from the other Leagues, like FVSL, VISL, and even PCSL.
Or is it for the "B" leagues like all the Summer leagues out there that are under the BCSA. So it would have the Knights Cup winner, Richmond Cup winner, Burnaby Cup winner, North Shore Cup winner. Regs, thats not a bad idea, have a Cup winners Cup for all the Summer Leagues that we play in all year. Even the I-Tie League could have a spot. It would be a fun weekend or two.

Sounds like they are trying to take over the TTP Champions League.
I smell a Law-Suite coming from TTP Head Quarters.
Better Hire Jackie Childs.

I'm horrified and mortified.

HOS

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP lawsuit

Originally posted by Hands of Stone
Sounds like they are trying to take over the TTP Champions League.
I smell a Law-Suite coming from TTP Head Quarters.
Better Hire Jackie Childs.

I'm horrified and mortified.

HOS

That's stupendous:D

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
b cup

gather there has a provincial b cup for some time but the vmsl teams have never been involved as all players registered in this league were registered on 'a' forms. only teams registered on 'b' forms can play in the provincial b cup. this year the vmsl registered all div 2 teams, non cat i believe, on 'b' forms so that they are now eligible.

yoursininformation.

i prefer c cups for the record.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did i miss something here or did I read it right those who win all the cups go in some special pool.:rolleyes:

Why not do somewhat what regs said have it were everyone is entered in the imperial cup and those who get knocked out go into the b cup, kinda like the champions and uefa cup i guess.

sorry if someone has said this already but my computer is too slow to go back and read all the post in this section.

Cheers
JB

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
J_B,

You read right but unfortunately it was posted by that fountain of knowledge, HOS :rolleyes:

Nothing of the sort happens :D

~Regs.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Old Wise One.

Another big question here is if any of these actually gets the go, when is all this going to happen, if i recall correctly the league was craming games in the last couple of weeks before the season was to end becuase of the imperial and league haveing some conflicts. Would weeknight games take place here, and would they be able to get these parks from the youth that train on these week in and week out.

How many TTPers out there could actually get off work and play a night game say for 6-7 consecutive weeks.

Cheers
JB

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I could because I only work 8:30 - 2:45 everyday, according to the Sheepshagger....:rolleyes: Also, I have weekends off......

Captain

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts