Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Province Cup

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs ,

it is very simple are there enough parks and times to see this extra b cup or whatever they want to call it go. Or are they going to have to play weeknight games to get this to work.

Cheers
JB

jbwhothinksregsisgettingalzheimers:D

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We Could have 15 Down Before X-Mas

Originally posted by J_B
if i recall correctly the league was craming games in the last couple of weeks before the season was to end becuase of the imperial and league haveing some conflicts.
Would weeknight games take place here,

If we only have 3 league games to play in the New Year, we could be done league by the end of January.
If your team losses in the first or second round of Imperial Cup, you may have a few week-ends off until Provincials Start in Mid April.

This being said, we could also have the two relegation teams also decided before X-Mas with 2 more games to go before Santa Comes.
Nice X-Mas party's for both Argies and Croatia.

Start getting your exhibition games now for the New Year.

HOS

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS

Yes it has worked out well this year but what about other years that we have been forcing games to get in. Yes you are also correct that teams will be knocked out but in what happens when a team isn't knocked out and they still have both to play will the league then do weeknight games because i don't think there are enough decent fields around to play on when each division is trying to finish up.

Maybe 10am sat/sun games are to come out off al this

Cheer
JB

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuking dimwits :rolleyes:

The "B-cup" is for B teams... Premier teams and such cannot enter it.

~Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You Young Guys Don't Remeber the Old Days

Originally posted by J_B
what happens when a team isn't knocked out and they still have both to play will the league then do weeknight games because i don't think there are enough decent fields around to play on when each division is trying to finish up.

In Years gone by before you were born, when the winters were really bad, we would play double headers in the Spring.

Double Headers, are playing both Sat. and Sun. all through late Feb. and all of March.

As for the Dimwits comment, OK, OK, it is for B teams we Believe YOU.

If "B" teams are all Div. 2 teams, does this mean that no Div. 2 teams can enter a "A" Cup such as the Imperial Cup.
If So,
Has anyone told Cliff Ave United who are having a cracker year in Div. 2, and would love to have a shot at an Imperial Cup Title, similar to the Year when the Div. 2 team Burnaby Lake ClubHouse went to the Imperial Cup final and did very well in the B.C.'s.

I think some of the same boys played on that ClubHouse team, but now have a gray hairs and bad livers.

HOS

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought that we were talking as if the losers of the A cup were to drop to the b cup.

Must have thought wrong.

Cheers
JB

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is okay I didn't think people thought much of me anyway, I thought I would get that slag out of the way so no one else could use it.

Cheers
JB

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We Know

HOS et al:

We've known about the B Cup issue since some time this past August. We do not have the choice to enter the Imperial Cup as in other years. Don't know exactly why the league took that decision away from the individual clubs, but the official rule is that all Div. 2 teams are registered on B Forms and therefore can only qualify for the Provincial B Cup. C'est la vie. On to hoisting the Uefa Cup (if we qualify, of course :rolleyes: ).

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Having coached a few teams in the women's B cup ;) over the past several years (all teams except Premier have been registered on B forms in the MWSL), it should be noted that at one time it was called the "Recreational Cup."

On the mens side there have been teams from the Burnaby league, the Richmond league, the interior and the island. I may live to eat these words, but any VMSL div.2 team worth its salt (particularly a squad like Cliff Ave.) will run over the competition.

Also, should be noted that I think it's the "north's" turn to host this thing, so get ready to go to Prince George. (Of course the last time it was hosted up there nobody went, so maybe the BCSA will have some sense and keep it down here.)

FBgoingbacktoMWSLforumwherehebelongs...bye!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I Don't Think this Team Could Get There

C.A. has Great Odds for being the squad to Win The "B" Cup.

Originally posted by Fat Bastard
... but any VMSL div.2 team worth its salt (particularly a squad like Cliff Ave.) will run over the competition.

... it's the "north's" turn to host this thing, so get ready to go to Prince George.

What I really want is What are the Odds on this team getting to Prince George.
And if they do get there, would they be in any shape to play, and how the hell are they going to make it back home.
It would be like thier Seattle Trip all over agian.

Would be a fun Road Trip in June, if you have a week to spare for a B Cup.

HOS

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If the season ended today...

As it stands today, who is in the Provincial cup? Here are the league standings
  1. Peg - 36
  2. Sporting - 34
  3. Inter - 31
  4. BBY / Westside - 30
  5. Surrey - 22
  6. Khalsa - 20
  7. Trollups - 19
  8. Sapp - 18
  9. Metro Ford - 17
  10. Toons - 12
  11. AC - 10
  12. Croatia - 3
  13. Argies - 0
    [/list=1] It's the top 4 from the league and top 4 from the Imperial cup am I right? From there, every team in the top 4 of the league that makes it to the Imperial top 4 another team from the league gets pushed up? Right?

So, in other words, for Surrey to make it to the Provincial cup (as of right now) we need to be in the top four of the Imperial or have a team above us in league standings make it to the top four of the Imperial. Khalsa would have to have two teams above them make it to the finial 4 or them them-selves.

Thinking out loud. :confused:

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just to clarify

Sorry knvb, you are wrong. Since Burnaby and Westside are tied with 30 points, there are 5 teams ahead of you guys, so as it stands now, 2 of the top 4 teams would have to make the semi's of the Imperial Cup for Surrey to make provincials unless Surrey makes it to the semi's themselves. ;)

Just clarifying, :D

Gomes

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
further clarification

as it stands right now, squads still in the hunt for provincial qualification:

Sporting- 36 (+25) - 2 games left (surrey,wv)
Westside - 36 (+23) - 2 games left (mf, sapp)
Pegasus - 36 (+17) - 2 games left (wv, surrey)
Inter - 33 (+23) - 2 games left (acm, bby)
BBY- 33 (+14) - 2 games left (toons,inter)
Surrey - 28 (+15) - 3 games left (chops,peg,acm)

today's results leave khalsa out :D and hoping for some positive imperial cup results. surrey, an outside shot (at best). bby vs. inter - last game of the season should be an important match.

q: in the event of a tie(s)...playoff? or plus/minus?

MILLSY

Nov 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
2003 Provincial Cup Draw

Question, from what I gather for the provincial cup draw there will be 8 VMSL teams and 4 FVSL teams does this mean there will be "4 island teams" this year?

Last year I believe there was 5 FVSL, 9 VMSL and 2 island teams with a playoff game between 9th place VMSL and a 3rd island team.

I guessing that the format has changed this year just wondering if anyone knows how the draw will work this year.

Cheers!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Millsy,

Read the first couple of posts in this thread... basically, yes, 4 island teams are in this year, which I assume is going to mean more travelling for lower mainland squads...

~Regs.

MILLSY

Nov 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs,

Thank you for responding so politely to my post. I guess when you see a 1,2 at the top of the page that means there's more than 1 page of posts:rolleyes:

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by MILLSY
Regs,

Thank you for responding so politely to my post.

He rarely responds so nicely to posts of this type. You two must have a history. :D

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0