Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Promotion/Relegation Favorites in Div 2 a,b and c

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well it's almost half way through the Regular season and since there will be one promotion spot in each group and one relegation this seems like a perfect to make predictions of who is going up!!

Div 2a

Well this may be a bold prediction but Delta Fc will make promotion here!

Two reasons 1)They are the only team that can compete in Div 1 not to slag any other team but delta fc will turn it up in the new year and show everyone they don't have many weaknesses......(maybe your goalie I personally don't think he is very good...but thats me)

Relegated

Easy one there.....you may say it would be the Titians but I'm picking The White Rock Moby Dick team.....hey they make good fish and chips though!

Div 2b

Promotion Poco Unitied not much different from the div 1 team but if they make it up there again look for them here in 2006

Relegated Surrey Coyotes......horrific team!!

Div 2c

I would like to say the Wolves but don't think that will happen this year....I'm going with the young Moody team.....very skilled but don't think they can compete in Div 1

Relegation

Peace Arch......they can't field a team that can coexist with each other and are continully getting blasted now week after week!!

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
DIVISION TWO A

Promotion : ALDERGROVE (bit of a gamble there)
Relegation: WHITE ROCK

DIVISION TWO B

Promotion : LUFC CLONES
Relegation : ALDERGROVE WARRIORS

Will follow up with TWO C later....

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
suburbanator said:
DIVISION TWO A

DIVISION TWO B

Aldergrove....I can't see this team winning when there div1 team is weak......

Clones will fall late in the season like last year....but hey you never know.

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If the league was dumb enough to drop three teams from Div 1 and bring up 3 from Div 2 it would be a travesty and a bloody joke.

There should be a playoff between the top 3 finishers with the top 2 getting the promo, and the 3rd place finisher getting a 2 game playoff with the 8th place Div 1 side. I don't see 3 quality Div 1 sides from the Div 2 groups.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't see this team winning when there div1 team is weak......
Their Div. 1 team is in first place. How is that weak? And don't give me any bullshit that the Knights should have beat them. I was at that game and saw just as many Aldergrove chances as Knights ones. When is Nesbit going to learn that he should shoot with his knee? WAY more accurate that way.

I'd like to comment on who will be promoted and relegated, but I haven't seen enough matches. Sorry.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has the League even officially TOLD anyone how they plan the promotions?? It would be good to know soon.... before its too late.

Aldergrove has a reasonable team in Div 2, and they are only slightly related to the Division One team, so either way I think that has little bearing.

The Clones Depth should see them through to the end of this season, they only faltered last season vs. some pretty damn good teams.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to agree with TheRob about Aldergrove, to suggest they are not a decent Div. 1 side is ridiculous. I don't think they are going to win this year but they should be a top three finisher in div. 1 not that I see what that has to with their div. 2 side. Don't worry TheRob I will never agree with you again, unless of course you say something smart again but I doubt that.

I also have to agree with BT. If you look at the success teams have had when coming up from div. 2 it seems foolish to think there are three teams that are strong enough to compete in div 1. Look at the Hotspurrs last year, Players this year and even though Langley wasn't promoted last year the team that is playing this year I believe is mostly a div 2 team. All three teams proving to be out of their league. Two teams are more than enough coming up and most times I think that two are two too many. Black Knights are the exception they should have gone staight to premiere. Don't worry BigT I won't agree with you again either unless free samosas are included.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh yeh I forgot to slag Poco and I think I may be hurting Bitter cabbage and Redwoods feelings so if someone could do it for me that would be appreciated.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
suburbanator said:
DIVISION TWO A

DIVISION TWO B

I'll say this much...Aldergrove will not be the team promoted, not even close, so don't bet much on that...and WRU will not even be close to relegation...mid-pack at least, but thanks for the vote of confidence :p

2A Winner: Tsawwassen

2B Winner: LUFC Clones

2C Winner: Port Moody

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Franchise, as usual you're a bit off base, but why should that surprise any of us? :confused: ...NDFC may indeed be the most capable of competing in Division One out of 2A, but they've got their work cut out for them if they hope to play well enough to win 2A, which incidentally is the only way they'll get that chance!...and what's this 'nearly halfway through the season' shite? Half the teams in 2a have only played five games, and we're heading into Week 7 of 18?? Let me help you out here....half of 18 is 9...not 5 or 6...you're a bit premature (likely not unusual for ya :eek: ) on your predictions. Promotional material is something I think we can all look at, but its a bit early to look at relegation. I will agree with your take on Port Moody in 2C (see my earlier post), so good call there.

P.S. Don't count us out just yet, mate...WRU is not the worst team in 2a, not by a field length (We did just defeat the Rippers last Sunday), but we'll just let our results from here on speak for us regarding that. ;)

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big T said:
If the league was dumb enough to drop three teams from Div 1 and bring up 3 from Div 2 it would be a travesty and a bloody joke.

There should be a playoff between the top 3 finishers with the top 2 getting the promo, and the 3rd place finisher getting a 2 game playoff with the 8th place Div 1 side. I don't see 3 quality Div 1 sides from the Div 2 groups.

Three are moving up....I talked to someone (I think it was Neil) anyways he said it would be the top three and two or three would be moving down.....not to smart....only north delta fc can compete in div 1.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
Their Div. 1 team is in first place. How is that weak? And don't give me any bullshit that the Knights should have beat them. I was at that game and saw just as many Aldergrove chances as Knights ones. When is Nesbit going to learn that he should shoot with his knee? WAY more accurate that way.

I'd like to comment on who will be promoted and relegated, but I haven't seen enough matches. Sorry.

Have they played anyone in the top three yet....Rob lets pay attention here....aldergrove isn't that good!!!

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:
Franchise, as usual you're a bit off base, but why should that surprise any of us? :confused: ...NDFC may indeed be the most capable of competing in Division One out of 2A, but they've got their work cut out for them if they hope to play well enough to win 2A, which incidentally is the only way they'll get that chance!...and what's this 'nearly halfway through the season' shite? Half the teams in 2a have only played five games, and we're heading into Week 7 of 18?? Let me help you out here....half of 18 is 9...not 5 or 6...you're a bit premature (likely not unusual for ya :eek: ) on your predictions. Promotional material is something I think we can all look at, but its a bit early to look at relegation. I will agree with your take on Port Moody in 2C (see my earlier post), so good call there.

P.S. Don't count us out just yet, mate...WRU is not the worst team in 2a, not by a field length (We did just defeat the Rippers last Sunday), but we'll just let our results from here on speak for us regarding that. ;)

Believe me I know more about you guys then you think....Delta is by far notice it in bold the best team in Div 2.....every team can't win every week but believe me when it comes to week 18 Delta will lead the pack. White Rock you guys were a middle of the pack div 3 team. I'll give you credit you guys play hard and maybe won't get demoted but middle of the pack is pushing it. Rippers are not a top team they have good forwards but a weak defense.....

I know from experience that div 2 to div 1 is a HUGE jump The knights went through it once and realized what it takes after getting demoted....and now look at them.

Moody is a good team....but not yet a div 1 team and will really have to get some size if they want to compete.

suckit

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
And don't give me any bullshit that the Knights should have beat them. I was at that game and saw just as many Aldergrove chances as Knights ones.

you're kidding, right???? r u sure you were at the right field???
5 minutes into the game, the knights missed 3 breakaway chances and it continued for the duration of the game. and the goal aldergrove scored 5 minutes left in the game to tie was pure ****up by the knight goalie.
aldergrove is at best a 4th or 5th place team behind surrey, dewdney, knights and the powerrangers.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
Three are moving up....I talked to someone (I think it was Neil) anyways he said it would be the top three and two or three would be moving down.....not to smart....only north delta fc can compete in div 1.

what the hell do you know about anything? Have you seen all teams play?
I doubt it and as for everyone else...just play and when the season ends we'll see where everyone is.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
Believe me I know more about you guys then you think....Delta is by far notice it in bold the best team in Div 2.....every team can't win every week but believe me when it comes to week 18 Delta will lead the pack. White Rock you guys were a middle of the pack div 3 team. I'll give you credit you guys play hard and maybe won't get demoted but middle of the pack is pushing it. Rippers are not a top team they have good forwards but a weak defense.....

I know from experience that div 2 to div 1 is a HUGE jump The knights went through it once and realized what it takes after getting demoted....and now look at them.

Moody is a good team....but not yet a div 1 team and will really have to get some size if they want to compete.
Now you've peaked my curiosity...how is it you know so much about my squad? Do tell, Franchise...

Scoop Dawg

Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:

Shaven just a small correction you only play 16 games if there is 9 teams in
your division . You can't play yourselves.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scoop Dawg said:
Shaven just a small correction you only play 16 games if there is 9 teams in
your division . You can't play yourselves.
Y'know, it seems to be epidemic on this forum to not actually pay attention to what it is you're quoting or responding to in order to rapidly post some pseudo-witty banter...that being said, for the benefit of those hair-trigger eager beavers, I will reluctantly repeat myself. I stated that there were 18 WEEKS in the season. Nowhere did I state there were 18 GAMES...and some of you wonder why you're such easy targets to TTP upon. Please take the time to actually READ the posts before running off at the fingers. Scoop, I hope for your team's sake you're better at reading the on-field play than you are at reading my posts. :eek:

Scoop Dawg

Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shaven I know what you said but so what if the season is 18 weeks you still only
play 16 games.As Franchise said it is almost halfway through the season.If I were
you I worry about your teams record rather than be ignorant on here.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do think tsawassen has a shot at challenging for promotion but if they were to move up to div 1 they were just be killed. Can't play at that level without a skilled team. i do think we have alot of work to do but bare in mind the royals have a game in hand so if we win they are only 2 points ahead. I also think they are going to be subject to alot of dropped points due to the fact that they really are not that good but right now are finding a way to win. Although right now we are having some struggles we have outplayed every team in every game, I think maybe we have gotten alittle caught up in our own press forgetting outplaying a team doesn't mean your going to necessarily win you have to do it on the score sheet. WE played our best game to date on the weekend should have won by 10 goals and if anyone was from aldergrove on here i think they would agree. Big game against abby could turn the whole season around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts