Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup Presidents cup 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since there wasn’t already a thread.

Pomo Gunners 1-5 Mission
Near perfect performance from us tonight.

Also heard Red Devils with a 3-2 win over Langley impact, and Abby beat last years champs on pk’s.

midman

Oct 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Highlanders 2-1 Benders. We played a good game and deserved the victory. Game got a little chippy as they were chasing the ball for the second half. On to the next round. Looks like we have a tough road ahead but hope to see MB10 in the third round.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
2nd round games;

Langley United “C” (3b) vs N Coquitlam United (4a)

Abby United “B” (2) vs BC Tigers (4a)

Aldergrove Lightning (3b) vs Langley Highlanders (3a)- Match of the week. It’ll be interesting to see how 3b champs Aldy face up against a top end 3a team.

Poco Rangers (3a) vs Westcoast Rowdies (3a)

WRU Vault (3b) vs Temple United (3b)

Cloverdale FC (3b) vs LOS FC (4a)- LOS already champions of 4a get a chance to see what next season will hold for them. Possible upset?

Westcoast BK (2) vs Tri-City FC (3a)- good shout for match of the week too. A few ex teammates coming up against each other.

Langley Rangers (4b) vs Mission YES FC (4b)

ND Titans (3a) vs Pomo Lions (4a)

Langley Sporting (3a) vs Langley Dynamo (2)- Another interesting game between two teams from the same club. Sporting doing well in a competitive 3a could be the team to cause an upset this round against a good Dynamo side.

FVRD (2) vs Poco FC (4a)

Abby Phoenix (4b) vs Mission “A” (2)

Poco FC Unicorns (3a) vs Langley Sparta (2)

Surrey United (2) vs Bradner Redshirts (4b)

Poco Pacific (4a) vs Pomo Titans (2)

BYE- SAFC RedBulls (2)

Most games seem pretty straight forward for the favoured teams this week besides the ones I noted.
What’s your guys thoughts? Admittedly I don’t know much about division 3, and 4 sides so I could be wrong with that statement.

midman

Oct 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley C (3b) vs N. Coquitlam (4a) I could see an upset.
Rowdies (3a) vs POCO Rangers (3a) Rowdies will destroy them
Sporting (3a) vs Dynamo (2) I don't see any chance of an upset. Dynamo are a good team and Sporting has lots of holes. Sporting has a good keeper tho.
Cloverdale (3b) vs LOS (4a) I see LOS winning this one
Aldy Lightning (3b) vs Highlanders (3a) Hoping to see that 3b is a weaker division and that is why they are unbeaten. Should be a good game.

midman

Oct 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aldy Lightning 4 - 0 Highlanders. They're a pretty good team that would finish near the top of 3a. We got a red card 10 min. in and that hurt us alot. There was no argument from us on the call, the ref did a good job all game. They scored their first on a long range cracker that our keeper was upset he let in at about 35 min. mark. 1-0 at half. They were getting frustrated in our third of the field cause we weren't letting them do much. We had our chances but couldn't finish. Their second goal came at about 60 min. mark and our fatigue was evident from then on. They put in two more in the final 15 minutes as we tried to mount some attack. Their back line is not great, and they go offside alot up front but they control the ball well through the middle of the park. Would love another crack at them but that won't be happening. They will give Mission a bit of a run but they won't beat them.

krisztiant

Jan 21, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey united 1 (3)
Bradner fc. 1 (2)

Game started off strong for us we easily controlled play and got a goal in the first 15 minutes. Guys seemd to pull back a bit with a 1 goal lead and got a little to comfortable, about 15 minutes later they get a throw in and there guy launches the ball into the centre of the 18 somehow the ball ends up at there guys foot after pin balling around 6 guys and they get the tying goal. The next 60 minutes went without any goals, there goalie made 3-4 good saves to keep them in the game, we also missed 3-4 easy goals aswell, they tested our goalie maybe once after there first goal. We just just couldn't buy a goal. Game ends up going to pks each team had some misses we ended up winning on the 6th shooter. Hopefully bury some more goals next game

InanimateCarbonRod

Oct 5, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley Utd Dynamo 6 - 0 Langley Utd Sporting

The original game got postponed due to excessive snow at half. It was 0-0 when it got cancelled. This game went a little differently, we scored early and often. Unfortunate for Sporting who did a good job frustrating us during the first matchup but couldn't repeat for the makeup game.

peg leg

Mar 22, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interested in the Aldergrove(div.3)- Mission (div.2) game. Aldergrove are a high high flying div.3 team with a million goals for and are undefeated this year. I want a good post game from 4thplacetrophy.

Dynamo have a tough draw, we have Red Bulls this weekend. Last time, we tied them but they ran us around the park for the first half in a bad way. Much better team then their record shows.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interested in the Aldergrove(div.3)- Mission (div.2) game. Aldergrove are a high high flying div.3 team with a million goals for and are undefeated this year. I want a good post game from 4thplacetrophy.

Dynamo have a tough draw, we have Red Bulls this weekend. Last time, we tied them but they ran us around the park for the first half in a bad way. Much better team then their record shows.

We went through against a solid Aldergrove team, I’ll write about the game tomorrow.

1-1 (5-3 pk’s)

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
We went through against a solid Aldergrove team, I’ll write about the game tomorrow.

1-1 (5-3 pk’s)

Aldergrove came out very strong, and had us on the back foot for the first 15 having a shot cleared off the line, and having our keeper make a good save on a breakaway. We started to get some chances after that, and hit a post from a scrabbled corner. Chances at this point we’re starting to come for both sides throughout, with both teams defenders making goaline blocks on a few occasions, along with keepers making saves at both ends. Around the 80th minute mark Aldergrove finally found a goal from an absolute beauty 30 yard strike after our defender made a good challenge the ball fell to their CM who hit it first time into the top corner. We at that point went very offensive, where as they tried to park the bus, we were just launching balls forward now and caused a scramble in which our striker managed to volley home the equalizer. Their defender who had already made two great goal line blocks through the game got his foot on it but just didn’t have enough to keep this one out. After the goal the Ref announced we had 4 mins of injury time, in which we almost stole it from a bad header back to the keeper that our striker managed to get too and lift it over the keeper but narrowly wide.

PK’s came around, we scored all 5 of ours, they missed their 3rd. Aldergrove are a good side who will be a good addition to div 2. Congrats to them on their season, and it’s unfortunate your cup run had to end on PK’s.

Good luck to teams playing today, and tomorrow.

krisztiant

Jan 21, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey united 2
Wc black knights 1

Surprise surprise we beat the knights again wasn't at the game but heard we were down 1-0 at half and came back to win it in the second half of the game.

Supersub

Sep 23, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dynamo 4 Red Bulls 2
Complete and utter domination for Dynamo. They controlled the match throughout and were far and away the better team. Red Bulls has a short flurry for 10 mins in the first half when they scored their goals but in the second half Dynamo took over. Dynamo had about 3-4 posts and crossbars as well as some chances inside the box that should have been converted. Frankly the scoreline flattered the Red Bulls who did well to get to this point in the cup but lost to a better team. Best of luck the rest of the way Red Bulls and hope you guys can pull out of relegation although another year in div 3 to improve would better prepare you for div 2.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
1/4 final weekend.

Dynamo vs Abby. Don’t even know who you take in this one, 2 really good teams.

FVRD vs Rowdies. Rowdies are a good team but they’re missing a couple of key players tomorrow so it’s likely the Red Devils will win this one.

Mission vs Pomo Titans. Tough game for us but I’m hoping we can knock out a second Pomo team this year.

Surrey vs NCU. Admittedly I know nothing about Coquitlam who’ve had a pretty easy run so far, but it should be a straight forward one for Surrey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts