Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup Presidents Cup 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
That header from like 2 feet out that I sum how put over, not to mention it dropped over your keeper and defender. Worst part is I coulda chested in down or even in, guess I wanted you guys to win. Well anyways goodluck in the semis.

SuperMid

Jul 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
tough loss for Inter tonight.. both us and guilford battled back and forth. neither team deserved to lose but of course someone must go on and that's guilford. I think we outchanced them by a few but clearly that doesn't Matter cuz they're celebrating and we're not. we missed plenty of chances but that's been the story of our life this year. for the most part guilford are classy guys, not dirty at all. good luck to them next round

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
and congrats are in order for the nomads, talked the talk and backed it up. goodluck in the next round too. fcuking bitter were not there but oh well

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to the Nomads. House and Johnny you guys figured out what you need to advance in cup...get rid of that deadweight(KJ) lol. Would like to see either you guys or Guildford in the finals and rep the div as best you can. Yea Ghouse showing up like 10 mins before a game is a WestCoast trademark so I will be needing some payment on that. At least they didn't play in the clouds first then you would owe me alot.

GO NOMADS GO

thedefender

Sep 22, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
haha classy.

Sorry for the compliments...cause if your going to be a poor loser, so be it.

Cant beat Nomads...Beat them twice already by a combined score of 6-0

Honestly, your team has Good D...and dick all anywhere else. Kick and run soccer? Give your head a shake man, I would think that for someone with 5,000 posts (rolls eyes) you would have a little more respect and class. Go home now, have fun, come out in a few weeks...

Because we will be playing soccer...you wont :)

Hope the rest of your team-mates can respect a good, hard, even game and not come on acting like a poor loser, you make your team look bad...and playing out their today your team doesnt seem like what your representing.

definately a good hard close game and sux that we cudnt finish but thats been the story all year. Oh well theres always next year. Franchise must be bitter cuz of the loss and he had to drive all the way home. Guilford is a good team and finished on one of their chances you guys won well done. I would love to play you guys again. Again well done good luck the rest of the way.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys we need to get together on this....
We need 3 officials dureing Cup play.
There is to much on the line,and emotions run so high. I think we all agree we need to get together and vote in 3 officials for Cup games.
To be playing quarter finals of the Presidents Cup. And to watch any official by himself in the middle...does not look good on the league. Especially when the Burnaby Mens div 3 regular league games has 3 officials.
3 officials are apart of the game. to take 2 away and yet inforce corner flags and nets on the goals seems a bit ironic to me.
We play by pretty much all the FIFA rules...so why not have 3 officials to enforce them.
The game was designed for 3 officals.
What makes me mad is U 12 girls get 3 officials and we dont.

thedefender

Sep 22, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys we need to get together on this....
We need 3 officials dureing Cup play.
There is to much on the line,and emotions run so high. I think we all agree we need to get together and vote in 3 officials for Cup games.
To be playing quarter finals of the Presidents Cup. And to watch any official by himself in the middle...does not look good on the league. Especially when the Burnaby Mens div 3 regular league games has 3 officials.
3 officials are apart of the game. to take 2 away and yet inforce corner flags and nets on the goals seems a bit ironic to me.
We play by pretty much all the FIFA rules...so why not have 3 officials to enforce them.
The game was designed for 3 officals.
What makes me mad is U 12 girls get 3 officials and we dont.

you got my vote, too many inconsistent offside calls where guys are on and when guys are clearly off. Ref cant see the line when hes at the other end of the pitch. Linesmen in cup games at least!

klewis

Nov 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was a nice surprise to have 3 officials in the PAK cup. I even think all league games should have 3 officials, I would imagine all teams would be willing to pay a little more for them.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think we go for 3 officials at all Cup games and see how the league handles that first with the shortage of officials.
Then after they figuar that out and we see how the teams feel about it and we move to at least div 1 next.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to the Nomads on their win. Glad they won, as now HA has reason to boast and brag. Listening to him tell the world how amazing he is was getting annoying... But with a berth in the semi, boast away buddy and good luck!!!

Also congrats to Vault. Didn't know who to cheer for being a North Delta guy but having a friend on Vault. Heard it was a good game that came down to PK's. Good on Vault, but the Semis will likely see an end to their season.

Looking forward to getting out and seeing the last 3 games of the year. Guildford v. Fraser Valley final??? Just a prediction.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Guildford7 good game..tough posting when your heated and gutted after a loss. September is a long way away

Testastretta

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats are in order to the Nomads.

They set out to beat us from the second they drew us in this quarter final bout. Regardless of going undefeated during the regular season, we were ill prepared for this match. It's alright to say now since our Presidents Cup run is over and we have some time before Provincials, but there was definitely some "trouble in paradise" for our squad. You'd think that an undefeated team would have momentum, but for the past few weeks even with the cup wins, I've personally felt that the team has been drifting apart.

Last night we did not come out to play... Very dissapointing effort on our part. The Nomads were the better team on the night, they wanted it more, and their efforts and hard work earned them the game winning goal (which was a beauty of a shot from distance)... House Arrest had 2 impressive diving saves to keep his team in it in the first half. The second Nomads goal I believe was off side, but they had 2 other clear cut opportunities that should have been barried. So game could've easily been at least 3-0 Nomads.

I really hope the Nomads and Guildford don't face off in the semi's as I'd like to see an all Div 2B final as these are teams we've played against all season and I can say both teams have stand up guys on their squads... nothing against FVRD or Vault. That being said, my fingers are crossed for a Nomads vs. FVRD and Guildford vs. Vault match up as I think this would be the best draw to have an all 2B final...

It is the cup, anything can happen, but I can say that if the Nomads play with as much heart, and put in a much effort as they did in the game against us and the weeks prior preparing themselves for our match, that they have a good chance at winning the cup.

My money isn't on any particular team, but I'm hoping Guildford wins the birth into the provincial cup. They've been a model of consistency all year, they are well coached, and they play as a team. Nomads, some may consider you underdogs, but I don't... I think you guys have a great work ethic, if anything, it was just merely under achieving through out the season, even though you guys did finish 3rd in the league, you should not have lost 6 games. 2 classy teams minus 1 player... hahaha, 1 guy on the Nomads with no class. Win with class, Lose with class.

All said and done, my rant over, best of luck to all four remaining teams. Hopefully I'll be able to catch at least one of the semi's and also the cup final, and fingers crossed for you all that there are linesmen, not just for offsides, but also for fouls that refs "miss"...ha!

Kaz #23

BazzaBlue

Sep 28, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let me bask in this irony for a moment. The minute any ACBC player starts talking about 'class' you know we are talking in terms of unattractively large non sequiturs.

I do believe class, in the ACBC sense, is seeing diving as a legitimate and hard tackles as unthinkable.

However, I did enjoy all the talking from ACBC, even if I could barely hear them all night from my pocket.

Nov 25, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
thanks for the praise testastretta. we were prepared and tried out our new formation which worked wonders. I'm a little dissapointed that my cup run may be over as my ankle is the size of a softball. the tackle was not dirty whatsoever, it was just awekward. twas a fun game, good luck in div 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts