Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premiership Week 2 2002/03

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Friday 23 Aug 2002
Chelsea vs Manchester United 20:00

Saturday 24 Aug 2002
Manchester City vs Newcastle United 12:15
Birmingham City vs Blackburn Rovers 15:00
Bolton Wanderers vs Charlton Athletic 15:00
Liverpool vs Southampton 15:00
Middlesbrough vs Fulham 15:00
Sunderland vs Everton 15:00
Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa 15:00
West Ham United vs Arsenal 15:00
West Bromwich Albion vs Leeds United 17:30

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I'll take Liverpool, Arsenal, & Leeds as my 3 sure things. I believe I went 3 4 3 last week - Leeds, Arsenal, Man U.

~Regs.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Arsenal, Hotspur and Boro will win for sure.

Chelsea may also get a win over United but I wouldn't bet on it.

Here's my picks for all the games.

Friday 23 Aug 2002
Chelsea vs Manchester United 1

Saturday 24 Aug 2002
Manchester City vs Newcastle United 2
Birmingham City vs Blackburn Rovers x
Bolton Wanderers vs Charlton Athletic x
Liverpool vs Southampton 1
Middlesbrough vs Fulham 1
Sunderland vs Everton x
Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa 1
West Ham United vs Arsenal 2
West Bromwich Albion vs Leeds United x

1=home win
x=draw
2=away win

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
What's the scoop on Spurs? Are they that good or is Villa that bad for them to be such a hot pick?

~Regslookingtosurvive.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Facts......

What's the scoop on Spurs? Are they that good or is Villa that bad for them to be such a hot pick?

Reiner,

I wouldn't be as confident as CDK about Spurs, despite being a fan. In their last 6 matches against Aston Villa, there have been no less than 6 draws. It will be a tight match but I guess a tie keeps you alive in the pool, right?

My sure thing this week(Survivor pick) is going to be Liverpool over Southampton.

Captain

Red Forever

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Results

No matter how much I worship them, there is no such thing as a sure win when Liverpool play crap teams. The start of the season always throws up a few suprises. My shock pick is Man.City to beat Newcastle.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Results and Very Long Shots

Originally posted by Red Forever
My shock pick is Man.City to beat Newcastle.

Big Red, I don't think that Toon Army will give up any points to Man. City, I would actually pick this game as a for sure win for Newcastle.
I could go for a Newcastle Brown on a day like this.

HOS

Red Forever

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good Point

You may be right Hands, I just thought that City were unlucky against Leeds last week, should of had at least one spotter if not two. I dont really care though as long as Liverpool do the biz against Southhampton.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"What's the scoop on Spurs?"

Look for a big announcement in the next 48 hours.

Morientes to White Hart Lane in the scoop of the summer and the last laugh of the summer for Le Hod.

Ronaldo to Real Madrid to replace him.

can'ffcukingwaitdaz:D

Red Forever

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spurs

Hey who knows with the pick up of Morientes maybe Spurs could bolt up the table and finish in the top ten.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Leeds look to continue their run of good fortune against West Brom this weekend, after the 3-0 win over City last week-end (a flattering scoreline to say the least). To be fair, I was actually somewhat impressed at the job Matteo and Radebe did at the back. Whether they prove to be a suitable long-term replacement for Rio remains to be seen.

Paul Robinson may be the story of the season though. He's an excellent keeper and full value for the starting spot over Martyn.

Daz,

I thought Spurs were going after Crespo?

-Sensei.

Red Forever

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Leeds

Leeds do look a good side, I think too much was made of Rio leaving, he's good but not worth 20 mill let alone 30. They've got a balanced team, and if they can keep up near the top till Fowler comes back who knows? The match today should be a cracker, I'm calling a 2-2 draw.

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes Cap, if you're talking about Ginger's Pool, a draw does keep you alive. Interestingly enough, I've taken Spurs for my pick this weekend. Hoping now that all the talk and banter here doesn't jinx it.

Red Forever

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spurs

Has Redknapp managed to last through the first game for Spurs, if he has he should be due to get hurt tommorrow.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sensie,

Morientes has been the top target, but it appears that his move depends on Ronaldo going from Inter to Real.

Crespo is a potential season long loan, with a view to a permanent deal.

Redknapp played 90 minutes at Everton on Saturday and mark my words, will prove to be the pickup of the year.

daz:D

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Leeds didn't really feck anybody, but they did knock West Brom 3-1 today. Kewell, Bowyer and Viduka with the tallies. Puts them atop the table with Uancs' lot, although playing two promoted div.1 squads the first two weeks of the season may have more to do with that than anything.

Still, not a bad start.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
transfer day, transfer day

Peter Reid not only got his man on Friday but got two as Sunderland as bolstered their attack with a double swoop ahead of Saturday's transfer deadline.

The Barclaycard Premiership side splashed out £10million to bring both Rangers striker Tore Andre Flo and Ipswich forward Marcus Stewart to Wearside to end a long summer spent trawling the market for frontmen.

The pair have both signed three-year deals at the Stadium of Light and could make their debuts against Manchester United.

Sunderland did not reveal how the £10million figure was divided up but Rangers confirmed they had received a sum of £6.75million, which is thought to be an initial payment.

That alone breaks the club record, which had previously been the £4.5million fees forked out for both Emerson Thome and Claudio Reyna.

Reid was delighted with his new acquisitions and hit back at his critics saying: "This is a bargain, £10million for these two players.

"If you take into consideration Phil Babb, Thomas Myhre, Sean Thornton, Stephen Wright, Matt Piper, Claudio Reyna, Jason McAteer - need I go on?

"And this from a manager who doesn't buy players. It's amazing, isn't it?

"We've bought a few players and I think we've got good value for it. But in some quarters, that seems to be a bit of a crime."

One striker Sunderland tried to sign during the close season, Robbie Keane, could be on his way to Tottenham after Leeds accepted a bid from the London club.

The 22-year-old Irish World Cup has travelled to White Hart Lane for talks and is set to sign a deal believed to be worth £7million.

The figure represents a £6million loss on the £13million Leeds paid Inter Milan for the player in December 2000.

Leeds boss Terry Venables said: "Robbie is talking to Spurs regarding a deal for £7million and it looks likely he is going to go through.

"He did ask to go. He stated that last week, even though I thought he was settled. Obviously he was not."

Tottenham also tried to sign Michael Ricketts but their bid was rejected out of hand by Bolton, who hope to sign Real Madrid defender Ivan Campo on Saturday.

Third Division Darlington's audacious bid to sign Faustino Asprilla collapsed as the enigmatic Colombian did a runner on Friday.

The former Newcastle star failed to turn up for a medical and is believed to have made a dash to the Middle East.

The club, who had successfully secured a work permit for the player, were stunned by the sudden turn of events.

Spokesman Luke Raine told PA Sport: "He left Newcastle at 5.30 this morning to catch a connecting flight to the Middle East. He has not just done that overnight.

"I think it is absolutely despicable. He did not have the good grace to say 'well I have some doubts about joining the club'."

Back in the Premiership, Manchester United have completed the signing of Spanish goalkeeper Ricardo from Real Valladolid for £1.5million.

The 30-year-old has signed a three-year contract at Old Trafford and his registration was pushed through in time to make him eligible for the trip to Sunderland.

Jari Litmanen's Liverpool career has come to an end after the striker rejoined Ajax on a free transfer.

The 31-year-old Finland international, who last played for Liverpool in April, had reportedly been unhappy with his lack of first-team opportunities at Anfield.

Charlton were also busy on Friday as they completed a double swoop for former Manchester United and Everton midfielder Jesper Blomqvist and ex-Middlesbrough midfielder Robbie Mustoe.

Blomqvist, who cost Manchester United £4.4million when he signed from Parma in 1988, has moved to the Valley on a one-year contract after being released by Everton. Mustoe, who was 34 on Wednesday, has signed a three-month contract.

Southampton have signed former England Under-21 left-back Marcus Hall until the end of the season.

Hall, 26, had been on a pay-as-you-play deal with Nottingham Forest since turning down a contract at Coventry at the end of last season.

The club are also hoping to tie down Andrei Kanchelskis on a similar deal.

Oyvind Leonhardsen has left Spurs to join Aston Villa on a free transfer.

Norwich have announced that French striker Marc Libbra has had his contract terminated by mutual consent.

The 30-year-old's deal was due to run until June 2004, but both parties have come to an agreement to end the arrangement.

The former Hibernian player joined the Canaries on a free transfer in August 2001 after his former club Toulouse went into administration.

He scored after just 11 seconds of his debut after coming on as a substitute against Manchester City at Carrow Road, but managed only seven goals in 38 appearances for the club.

So Keano has left. Daz's lot got a decent deal here, methinks.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keano, Keano!!

Sensei,

Looks like a great deal at a bargain, given the outrageous prices being paid over there lately.

22 and a proven goalscorer. I will celebrate tomorrow, once he has actually signed - and Morientes as well.

It will be hard to get to sleep tonight.

Daz:D

max blink

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr.Keane in the tight white shirt

Today is a great day for Spurs fans. I'm a proud pappy. Keane is a doozy of a signing for old No.10. Hopefully he can pot a few at home to Rupert's boys tomorrow. And I can't wait to cheer him on at the Lane. I would prefer not spending 12 million pounds on Morientes though, the lad is like a Spanish Alex Mogilny, hot and cold and very flaky. Spend all of last season at Real getting subbed off for Pedro Munitis in the 65th minute.

max

houllier is a fool.

Red Forever

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Houllier a fool???

I wondering if max blink can explain his Houllier comment, I'm kind of curious how he can criticise one of the best managers in europe. If he is referring to letting Littmanen go I to am dissapointed but when the hell was he going to play? And where? Maybe Houllier can contact hoddle's faith healer and he too can learn to make those shrewd buys in the transfer market.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0