Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premiership 2020/2021

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Read a report that VVD ACL - out 7-8 months :(

Hopefully that is wrong, no idea who would slot in there... maybe Fabinho full-time basis for the rest of the year?

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
if Pythagorean’s theorem is correct, which it is, Mane elbow is 1/8 of an inch offside. Again I’m all for making it like hockey, the last player acts like the blue line. This whole any body part in front down to the cnut hair is ridiculous.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
if Pythagorean’s theorem is correct, which it is, Mane elbow is 1/8 of an inch offside. Again I’m all for making it like hockey, the last player acts like the blue line. This whole any body part in front down to the cnut hair is ridiculous.
Any part of the arm is not considered when judging offside. Shady call

FC Red Star

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any part of the arm is not considered when judging offside. Shady call

Correct, hands and arms are not considered for offside position.

Offside rule needs to change. There are two better options, in my opinion:

1) No offside calls if outside of the penalty box.

2) Player is in offside position only if he is clearly, without any doubt, in offside position; being in a line with the 2nd last man should not count as an offside position even if he is just barely in line (this basically would go in opposite direction of the current offside position but it would be better that way, definitely more goals and less time wasted on all those video reviews or, at least, video reviews would be significantly faster).

Option #1 would change the game significantly so hard to believe a lot of interested parties are out there but option #2 looks reasonable to me and better than the current rule.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Correct, hands and arms are not considered for offside position.

Offside rule needs to change. There are two better options, in my opinion:

1) No offside calls if outside of the penalty box.

2) Player is in offside position only if he is clearly, without any doubt, in offside position; being in a line with the 2nd last man should not count as an offside position even if he is just barely in line (this basically would go in opposite direction of the current offside position but it would be better that way, definitely more goals and less time wasted on all those video reviews or, at least, video reviews would be significantly faster).

Option #1 would change the game significantly so hard to believe a lot of interested parties are out there but option #2 looks reasonable to me and better than the current rule.

Even if you use option 2 you would still have the same debate. Offside is offside, there’s not really a debate about that. Clear and obvious or with the lines drawn regardless of how pathetic it may seem.

My only issue with offsides in VAR is how long It takes drawing those lines, and examining if someone’s eligible scoring body part is past the line etc

However that being said even with the lines drawn I’m not sure how they judged Mane as offside.

FC Red Star

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do believe that simplicity is the solution. Basically, rule #1 re offsides could be that if there is no clear separation between two players (visible “daylight”) there is no offside position. Rule #2 could be that if the situation is in any way debatable then there is no offside either.

Decisions would be quicker; in many cases there would not be even need to stop the game at all (VAR room could easily determine if the offside position is debatable; if it is then there is no offside). Visible separations are easier to notice than current situations and offside rule where the length of somebody’s nose or foot is a deciding factor.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some how, some way, LFC continues to grind out the wins.

Jota has been a great addition to the squad so far, in Klopp we trust :)

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
And then there's the West Ham goal vs Fulham on the weekend where VAR totally miss the offside call altogether!

Skip to 1:40. #22 is clearly offside.

Then skip to 2:35 for the worst PK I've seen in a long while!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice performance by the reds today, LEI didn't have a sniff all day and the boys were relentless moving forward.

Busy stretch coming up with 2 matches per week capped off with a Spurs clash December 16th.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't wait to see what you post this week! Captain oh my Captain! :)

What a crazy weekend of results. It is getting toight at the top.

Big match Wednesday.
It’s honestly kind of funny at this point.

I’m glad I’m not Arteta as I have no idea how you fix it.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Si Senor!

premier league thumbs up GIF by Liverpool FC

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money