Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premiership 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Confirmed this morning ...... Pep Guardiola to join Manchester City at the of the season.

*sigh*

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think everyone saw this coming, the club who has won a few titles in the last few years and the most money and up to date training grounds. As good as he is, he doesn't really do much to challenge himself, I I'm sure most of us could have 75% of the success with the clubs he has inherited. United will end up getting Mourinho at the end of this year I bet.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Totally agree cascade. On one hand in this day in age it takes a special type of person to deal with all the egos that exist with the big wage players at the clubs he goes to. On the other hand he has all the money, top trainers and facilities. It feels more of a case of how many trophies each year other then will he be successful. Not to many people have negative things to say about him where Mourinho is a polarizing person.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think everyone saw this coming, the club who has won a few titles in the last few years and the most money and up to date training grounds. As good as he is, he doesn't really do much to challenge himself, I I'm sure most of us could have 75% of the success with the clubs he has inherited. United will end up getting Mourinho at the end of this year I bet.

Agree to some point in terms of a challenge. But I don't think he has come to City to turn them into just the dominant team in England but the whole of Europe, or that should at least be the goal.
If in his spell at City he spends Millions (inevitable) and doesn't win the Champions League it has to go down as a failure imo.

As for Mourinho... He won't change anything at United, he'll just prove himself to be the biggest fraud in Football again.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think with Mouronho he can bring some bigger players to the table in which the likes of lvg or moyes couldn't do. He's better than anything available at the moment. Unless it's Simeone. United have no other chance at a quality manager.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mission/4th place trophy, I think you are a little jaded by your love for Arsenal. Mourinho is far from a fraud just because he picks on Wenger. I don't like his style and honestly don't want him at United but his record speaks for itself. He's a winner

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Only way they can end up in the top 3 is to get more players like Sanchez and Ozil. They played great this week.
I used to be excited by the young english players they developed, like Walcott and Chamberlain, both of whom played on the English national team while still young teenagers but do little for the Gunners these days.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mission/4th place trophy, I think you are a little jaded by your love for Arsenal. Mourinho is far from a fraud just because he picks on Wenger. I don't like his style and honestly don't want him at United but his record speaks for itself. He's a winner

Which record would that be?
Fired 3 times?
Never lasted longer than 3 years at one club?
Or that he's spent way more money than any other manager in the past 10 years?

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really? Do you need to sit on one team and finish fourth every season still riding high from the invincibles of how many years ago? I think Wenger is a great manager I really do especially for developing players and much of his career at arsenal the funds haven't been there when he's needed to make a push with a few big pieces. He's won lots of FA cups which is a big competition but really the third most important.

But.... Mourinho won the champions league with Porto along with a couple league titles, couple league titles with Inter and a champions league win. Both of those teams were not the best team but he had the best tactics. 3 league titles at Chelsea a few FA cups, league title at Madrid. Sorry but he's done Ok, yes he's arrogant and maybe needs to change his approach if he wants to be Manchester Uniteds manager but how can you question his success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts