Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier Promotion/Relegation Playoff

Who will win ?

• Sikh United FC

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Poco Raiders

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just posted on the FVSL website

Promotion/Relegation Sunday March 28
PoCo Raiders SUFC Red Devils Erma Stephenson 2:15 PM

Predictions....its a two game playoff.

I see us winning this but should be a good battle.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SUFC should come out on top but it won't be easy. Big T will show his magic and net the winner in sudden death O.T . A celebration will follow like none other and yes you will see hot brown girls dancing in the streets of surrey chanting the words Big.T for Mayor. :wa: . Tighten up on your D-fence and you guys should prevail. That seems to be your weekness as the team has talent.

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why is there a promotion/relegation game between SUFC and Poco Raiders? I thought Whalley Storm was going up and Aldergrove was being relegated.

Shouldn't there be a promotion/relegation game between 1st place div 1 Whalley and and last place Premeir div Alergrove?

From the FVSL constitution on their web page.

2(d) At the completion of the schedule, promotion / relegation between Premier Division and Division One will be determined by a two game playoff between the highest placed team in Division One and the lowest placed team in the Premier Division.​

I hope I'm not opening up a can of worms here. :eek:

burkee&nonis

Aug 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sliver,

They keep changing the constitution all the time but anyways the last place team automatically drops and the first place team in Div. 1 automatically moves up. Then the 9th place team has 2 game playoff against the 2nd place team in Div. 1 and if they don't want to move up it goes to the 3rd place team (Poco Raiders). That's where we stand.

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey girth ,

I had the same dream too :D I can hear the chants now !!!! Mayor T Mayor T !! :wa:

As for the game ... I watched the Poco - Whalley game and Poco is a big team with guys who tackle hard and give it their all. However I think our key will be to play to our strengths of speed, skill and fitness. If we pass the ball quickly 1 or 2 touch the Poco team will have to keep pace and I think Whalley exposed this as a possible weakness. We just can't hold on to the ball or play Kick and Run like the inferior Langley Premier squad ;) :D

girth said:
SUFC should come out on top but it won't be easy. Big T will show his magic and net the winner in sudden death O.T . A celebration will follow like none other and yes you will see hot brown girls dancing in the streets of surrey chanting the words Big.T for Mayor. :wa: . Tighten up on your D-fence and you guys should prevail. That seems to be your weekness as the team has talent.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big T,
When the Rangers played them this year, both games were low scoring. THe first time was a Ranger 2-0 win on a large field (should have been more, but their goalie made some great saves), but the second time was a Raiders 1-0 victory. They get a lead and play the equiv. of the left wing lock, we did not play well and they took advantage of it. Good centre mid's, but average around them.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting.

I thought the Raiders were going to respectfully decline like we did.

Thought Dewdney would have been the ones playing Sikh United.

The Raiders are a great bunch of guys who battle hard.
I'm a big fan of their keeper Chris.
If they do beat Sikh United he possibly could rival the old guy that used to play for Slovan as the oldest player ever to play in FVSL Premier. ;)

Best of luck to the two teams,

RF

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm very surprised that Raiders would be interested in playing premier they are not the youngest team out there and as far as I know they have no other teams in their club to make into a cat team. Full credit to them they played well all year and probably could beat Surrey in a two game series but they may regret that by this time next year.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sort of on topic???
I'm a big fan of their keeper Chris
Is that the crazy, knee padded, tie dye wearing old man that resembles Liv Tylers father??? You know, the one of Salmon Arm fame???

AyoungGuinnessbaggedacouplepastthatloonietoon ;)

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For some reason I think you are talking about GEU's Over 30's keeper Dave Pryde.

Fits the profile to a tee.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chris the knee pad wonder

That's him ya wee black Irish stout!

Unreal he's still going strong eh?

Incredible keeper....

Although I don't know the guy TR's on about - could be him too?

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kokanee said:
For everyone's information, Temple beat the raiders 6-2 today.
This game I believe is a two game aggregate is it not? If so ouch Raiders have some work ahead of them from that goal spread.

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
STD said:
I'm very surprised that Raiders would be interested in playing premier they are not the youngest team out there and as far as I know they have no other teams in their club to make into a cat team. .

I totally agree, why would they want to strugle all year. You need your cat team to help out through the season. Off the top of my head, I believe no team has finished higher than 3rd with out a cat system.It's a long season when injuries start.Is the league sticking with the cat-system next year? Or is it only if you can get a cat team? :confused:

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's supposed to be mandatory next year. That is why there is talk that GN might fold'er up.

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SIKH United 6 - Poco 2

Well first off I think the Poco boyz should just stay home next week and forget about the match. On turf I don't think they can match our pace. Poco was just too tired in the second half. Realistically I don't understand how they would be able to compete against the stronger Prem sides when they allowed the lowest scoring Prem team to run rough shot over them. :eek: Just being honest and the numbers don't lie.

The game started of bad for us...we had no energy and a miskick by our back line gave them a gift 10 mins in. Poco had a few more chances to add to their lead, and one was a rocket that missed by a foot. After being outplayed for the first 30 mins, our team finally started to show up. A great goal by our right back atoned for his early mistake. The half ended in 1 - 1 tie.

Second half was all SUFC. We came out flying and played most of the first 20 mins in their half. We scored our second goal on a header and then added a third when Poco scored an own goal. After that we saw some great moves and megs on a old and tired Poco team. We had tap in goals for our 4th and 5th. Poco got one back against the run of the play, on some bad defensive marking. We got a PK a little later but missed and then added the 6th 5 mins later.

PS - Kokanee that wasn't funny !!

Joma007

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
whats up with the second-leg of this promotion game. Did Poco Raiders decide to not play as their is no scheduled game on the website. I think they should not show because they got worked last game. :bronco:

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Joma007 said:
whats up with the second-leg of this promotion game. Did Poco Raiders decide to not play as their is no scheduled game on the website. I think they should not show because they got worked last game. :bronco:

I heard its still on for Sat at Newton Turf 6pm.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh.

Have you caught a bit of that dreaded overconfindencitis that GN seems to suffer from time to time? :p

Jackass007?

I know for a fact they're showing up tonight.

Good luck, Raiders, ;)

RF

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts