Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier Premier - Next seasons sides.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Premier - Next's seasons sides.

Side A
1 Westside Rino
2 ICSF Inter

3 Pegasus FC
4 Metro-Ford Wolves
5 Sapperton Rovers

6 Sports Town SC
7 Indo/Clan

Side B
1 Sporting Club
2 Burnaby Canadians

3 Surrey United
4 Khalsa 96ers
5 West Van Legion

6 AC Milan
7 Indo/ Clan

Assuming Inter doesn't bottle, or throw their game against ACM this should be next years sides. I'm sure it's #3-4-5 that move. Side A is now looking like the weaker of the two. Anyone know how they determine which side Clan and Indo play?

Oh boy, I get to see HOS' smiling face two more times next year. :rolleyes: Fcuking have to play the BBY cnuts twice too.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hang on... why do we (Peg) switch, ie, why are we finishing 3rd this year on our side?

Head-to-Head we split our season series with the Capitals:

Capitals 3-0
Peg 4-2

We both finished with 11 wins

Our goals for is 48 to the Capitals' 35

And our +/- is 16 to the Capitals' 15

Those are the usual tie-breakers, are they not?

Cheers,

~Regs.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dunno...

The puppet master mentioned it to me a few weeks ago that you were the ones moving. They do have you on aggregate though. ;)

BTW, for the second straight year Surrey U has had the best GAA stat. 17 this year and I think it was 18 last year. Is it Smiles? :eek:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nevermind... from the only public VMSL constitution ever made available (dated June 2001) :rolleyes: :

5.5 Realignment within each Division.

The final VMSL standings of the previous playing season shall determine the following- (a) Teams finishing in the fourth and fifth place positions in each divisional section shall move laterally to the next section in their respective divisions as follows: Premier "A' fourth and fifth place teams to the Premier "B" Division Premier "B" fourth and fifth place teams to the Premier "A" Division. Division IA fourth and fifth place teams to Division 1B. Division IB fourth and fifth place teams to Division IA. Division 2A fourth and fifth place teams to Division 2B. Division 2C fourth and fifth place teams to Division 2D. The same shift laterally shall apply to Division three. (b) Where two or more teams are tied in points standing, the formula outlined in section 4.3 shall apply.

In the event three or more teams are tied for first place a round-robin playoff will take place. If the Board of Directors feels that there is not sufficient time to complete the round-robin playoff the following formula will be used to break the tie: (a) Goal difference (goals for minus goals against) in games played among tied teams. (b) Goal average (goals for divided by goals against) in games played among tied teams. (c) Goal difference in all games played. (d) Goal average in all games played. If, after the round-robin playoff two or more teams are still tied, the mathematical formula for breaking the tie will be the same as the one above.
This is old, but shouldn't 4.3(a) be record in head-to-head matches? Not that it matters in our case this year but it could have...

Also, it says that 4th and 5th place teams switch. I take it the constitution has changed in the 2 years as it pertains to this section?

Cheers,

~Regs.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stop it...

Listen, if you're just going to badger the fcuk out of me I'm going to grab my ball and go home.

MomRegsispickingonme...

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think that I speak for everyone when I say we'd prefer it if you'd grab your ball at home. We don't need to hear about it. Speaking of that, where did the other one go? Did you lose it in some soccer accident when you were a small boy?

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sides stay the same

From what happen to us two years back we had won side B and then placed in side B of the premier leauge, and last year AC Milan won side B and manage to stay up this year.

So assuming the league keeps it the same the league should look as the following.(Assuming that carrot top and the league have it right):

Side A
1 Westside Rino
2 ICSF Inter
3 Pegasus FC
4 Metro-Ford Wolves
5 Sapperton Rovers
6 Sports Town SC
7 Clan

Side B
1 Sporting Club
2 Burnaby Canadians
3 Surrey United
4 Khalsa 96ers
5 West Van Legion
6 AC Milan
7 Indo

Cheers JB

simon

Aug 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
regs,

its actually determined by alphabetical order. it may be worth asking your club management to cinsider a name change?

AAAPegasus FC ??

you be first in the phone book too, get all those guys looking to find a new team to play for next year

glad i could help

simon, winner of the hockey pool

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great Year for VMSL Premier Side "A"

PREMIER 'A' # Team GP W T L GF GA PTS

1 Westside Rino "A" 19 13 3 3 51 26 42
2 ICSF Inter 19 11 4 4 48 22 37
3 Surrey United "A" 19 10 5 4 36 17 35
4 Khalsa 96ers "A" 19 9 6 4 36 23 33

Westside with the League and Imperial Double.

Inter and Slurrey face off in the B.C. Provincial Final.

Plus, both Khalsa and Westside were knocked out of the B.C.'s by Inter and Slurrey who are in Victoria next weekend.

It just shows how competative this side was this year.

hos

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know it's June but............From the excellent site:

Group A
Sapperton Rovers 'A'
ICSF Inter
Indo FC ‘A’
Westside Rino 'A'
Pegasus FC 'A'
SportsTown FC 'A'
Metro-Ford Wolves 'A'

Group B
Burnaby Canadians 'A'
Columbus FC
Surrey United 'A'
Khalsa SC 'A'
West Van Legion
Sporting Club 'A'
Clan Alumni

A couple of comments:
Columbus FC.....name change or roster change?
Khalsa SC...........no longer the 96ers

Which side is stronger?

Sandman

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is no real easy side from a first glance perspective. My June predictions will have to be... Westside and Inter fighting for top spot on Side A with Peg and Indo challenging for 3 - 4 followed up with Sapp being the best of the worst. MF will be fighting the Toons for relegation especially if the rumors of the key MF "older" players leaving are true.

Side B will look much the same as it did last season with BBY, Sporting and Surrey taking Pegs spot in the hunt for a shot at the league title. Khalsa I imagine will be right there as well, but with out sufficient goal tending will likely fall slightly behind like last year. Trollers will be the same old same old. Giant killers on there day and bottom dwellers the rest of the time. Clan I can see making some headway and but will likely miss a provincial birth by a point or two. I'm sure they'll have a few upsets too. If Columbus is anywhere the same team the ACM squad was last year, you can say Bu-Bye.

For now, that's how I see it breaking down.

League winners - Surrey (who else?)
Relegated - Toons / Columbus.
Imperial - BBY. :eek:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wind Me Up, Right Before the Golf Tourney

Originally posted by knvb
Khalsa I imagine will be right there as well, but with out sufficient goal tending will likely fall slightly behind like last year.

Both Sides have their strong and weak teams, it all comes down to who does the best poaching in August.
I see Inter taking Side A, once they get rid of old injuried guys like Zurrinni. On the bottom of this side, I see Peg, who were terrible after X-mas, continuing on that slide and battling with the Rovers for relegation. The Toons should do OK, if they are taken over by the Fireman.

I see Mighty Khalsa taking Side B, because they are so strong at the goal tending position:rolleyes: . Really, I think this is the weaker side, and Khalsa will roll on through all of these teams. I see all the other teams in trouble except newly promoted Clan, who should give a good run for the side, if they can play tough soccer week in and week out.
At the bottom I see Columbus and possibly Trollers battling for relegation, this could be a great battle because I can see many of the old Inter cast-offs moving over to Columbus to bring back the old winning ways, Zarrinni, where are you playing?

Can't wait to play Slurrey twice agian this year, expecially if knvb is in the line-up.

HOS

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would say that side A is probably a little bit stronger on paper, but we all saw how much that meant last year. shite Surrey won the Province Cup:rolleyes: . There will of course be upsets etc, but unless Columbus is hoping to have a resurgence by changing their name alone, they are easily the weakest team on either side. I think Clan will not only qualify for provincials, but will make some noise in the process!!;)

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First Big Noise

Originally posted by Bronco
I think Clan will not only qualify for provincials, but will make some noise in the process!!;)

Especially with the rumour that they may have coachK driving the Clan Bus. Would be something to see the old Weakside coach back in the league with SFU Clan after all those years of coaching the UBC boys on the westside. Would be even more interesting if his sons came along instead of trying to win Hockey Pools and Curl all winter long.

Any other coaching rumours out there for next season?

HOS

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think so

Watts is retired, and I don't think the Clan boys could handle the two a days in August.

Who was the coach of Clan last year?

HOS

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice transition from your fcuk-up in the previous post, HOS. :rolleyes: I'm very surprised you got your facts mixed up. That is unlike you.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
clan will have a strong team, no doubt. however, i don't think anyone will underestimate them so they will certainly have to beat teams who expect to face a quality side.
win the league? a stretch.

p.s. welcome home besty ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts