Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier Premier league Pre-game predictions and banter

Who has the biggest chance of being relegated?

• Metro Ford

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Indo

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Clan

Votes: 28 43.8%
  • Columbus

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Sapperton

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • FireTown

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thought I'd start this one up again for fun. Div 1 A-B is good and all, but I can only read so much of Dazza's love in for the phenomen called NO2 before I have to wash my eyes out with an SOS pad and besides, Captain Shamrock is a has been now.

The one thing I've learned from last year is to choose my words a little more carefully when predicting a Trollops out-come. (Right guys? ;) ) I'm torn on who will win tonight between them and Khalsa. I want to lean towards W. Van simply because of their great start, but who did they beat? Clan and Indo? Not the toughest of oppents to start with, being newly promoted and still finding their pace and all. Something is telling me Khalsa aren't as bad as HOS plays. They can't be. No one is. I'm going to go with Khalsa I think. If they're going to find their form they need to muck one out now and what better chance to muck out a win in game than with the kings of it...

MF vs. Indo - Don't know much about Ford this season other than they have a "young black kid" who scored twice on HOS. Well, Surrey U has a Cat team full of young err... kids that scored on HOS, so I'm not impressed. Leatchy, has cleaned house for right, wrong or indifferent, but I think it was a good call. I think a revamp MF need to get their points early to avoid relegation. That's right Coach I said Relegation. Indo looked poor in the two games I've seen, but they have too many good players to lose 3 in a row. I'll take Indo by a c-hair.

Surrey vs Burnaby - What can I say other than we hate them. They're cnuts. Always have been always will be. This will be the first time we've met since Millar rearranged our Center backs nose last year (I think it's the first time) Luckily for him ,Graham has a broken ankle at the moment. Anything, but a loss will be a good result vs. a sound defensive team. A great test of where we're at 3 weeks before Nationals (unless we lose then the excuse is pending :D ) I predict one meg on Notty bringing my season total to 4

Sapp - Peg. Walk. Haven't seen either side, but ANYONE I talk to say Sapp. are crap, but you can never count out the criminal factor.

Westside - Columbus. Westside. To OLD to experience to let Columbus run too crazy. I'll give Columbus credit though they play an entire game at 110% whether they're getting shelled or not. Most teams would pack up there tents at 4-1, but they didn't last week. Smallsy with no megs.

Sportfire vs Inter - I can see an upset here, but I wouldn't put money on it. A draw may also be in the cards.

Sporting - Clan - Sporting should win this with goals to spare if they can maneuver themselves around Broncos giant melon. Notice how quite he is now that they are 0 fer? Kind of reminds me of last year when he went into hiding while Croatia was having their asses handed to them on a platter, weekly. Come out, come out from where ever you are... You're not hiding we can all see your head... :D

Have at er.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm neither "quite", nor in hiding you illiterate Orange bastard. You are right in terms of us still trying to adjust to the Premier league and a generally higher calibre of players. HOS excluded of course.:D Having said that, however, I don't think we are deserving of the o fer start. We dominated long, long stretches of both games. The goals will come, and so will the points. In the meantime I'll let KNOBBY live in his fantasy world of counting megs on the season rather than goals. Can't wait til the Monday night tilt at Queens Park next week. Shame if anything should happen prior to nationals!!;)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm and equal opportunity stat player and am simpley trying to get my meg total UP TO my goal total. Next Monday should do wonders for both.

:bronco:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They Can't wait to Kick you Again

Originally posted by knvb
The one thing I've learned from last year is to choose my words a little more carefully when predicting a Trollops out-come. (Right guys? ;) ) I'm torn on who will win tonight between them and Khalsa.

Taked to the brother tonight over a pint in the parking lot, and they both can't wait to get another shot at knvb. Trollers have a team that will battle to the end, they will be tough for every team they come in contact with. I honestly think it is going to be a dog fight for top spot between Khalsa, Caps, Sporting, Trollers, and Surrey. I hate to say but I think Columbus and Clan will be battling out for relegation.

hos

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holy Fcuk, you've won one game and all of a sudden you're competing for 1st place and we've been relegated. I know it's probably the pints talking HOS, but really give your toque a spin!!!:eek:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We Have Won ONE

Originally posted by Bronco
Holy Fcuk, you've won one game and all of a sudden you're competing for 1st place and we've been relegated.

The Pints have worn off, and we have our first win, I think we are 3 points ahead of Clan.

hos

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter vs Peg

Can anyone give me a clue as to who plays for them now? I've heard so much about them losing players and struggling for bodies but who knows for sure?

Doies Zaurrini still play? I need someone to slag in here for this match :D

Our games are usually battles and I don't think this weekend will be any different. I will predict though that we will have a clean sheet :mad:

~Regs.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If my picks from last week are anything to go by, then whoever I pick to win, will lose.

Sorry Peg.

~Jinxy

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lets get it going...

Is Peg looking good right now or does everyone think Surrey U are shattered from the Nationals? I see to many Peg picks for my liking.

I hear Regs is starting full time now? This can only help our cause the more he plays the softer the back line is, simple. Blakes is on fire our backs have found last years GAA winning form and our team is tighter than ever. I predict Regs doen't get more than a soft 2 bite on the move and I meg him at least once.

There is still time to change your picks guys, you'll be sorry if you don't.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Khalsa vs Sporting

Khalsa will shite the bed. There little 3-1-0 undefeated streak ends this week.

Trollers vs Burnaby

One word... Ugly.

Sapperton vs Metro-Ford

Tough call, two teams that keep surprising me with wins. YBC to be the difference. :rolleyes:

Peg vs Surrey

Easy peasy. Surrey!

Firetown vs Westside

Westside, 3-1 Smallsy with no clean megs.

Inter vs Indo

Hmmm. I'll go with Sandman's crew. Pipo to choke on Jimmy's Geeger.

Columbus vs Clan

Do or die for Clan. Did Bronco jump ship? Will any other rats follow?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I want to TTP you KNVB but I'm having serious doubts right now with Aves cutting remarks in the FVSL Premier threads :rolleyes: It appears that things get taken outta context too easily and I'm not allowed to take the piss.

:D

Peg by 2,

~Regswitha2onthemove-a-meter.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's a shame Regs, I was really looking forward to reading what you had to say. Since Aves is always right, I guess it's for the best. I wouldn't want anyone to misinterpret anything you say nor would I want you to have anything come back and bite you in the ass.

Slurrey by 3 :eek:

Itwon'tbemewhogivesyouthat2though. :D

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yawn...

This is flipp'n ridiculous. Where is all the banter? Christ, PAU is getting beat like a rented mule, so I can't even go into the Valley for quick wind up and laugh. Why is everyone so concerned about posting predictions and such in the VMSL?

I think it's time to get over ourselves and pick it up... I'm sick to death of coming on TTP and readin Star PIMP's latest hater jokes or about Dude riding his bike built for two with TheRob.

Pegasus FC vs. Sports Town Firemen - I'm thinking the Firetoons have finished blowing their early season load and will now settle down into winning and losing every other game starting with a lose to peg on the turf. That is unless Peg dress it's "CAT" team again. Anyone going to the game? I will be if my wife lets me. :rolleyes: Will NTG have the change rooms open, may prove to be the most exciting part of this game though?

Burnaby Canadians vs. Surrey United - I'm confident we can beat BBY. I'm not sure if they've sorted themselves out from the last time we played, but by looking at the standings they haven't. I will, however, mark John on throw-ins though. Just in case. ;)

Trollers FC vs. Khalsa SC - Interesting game, it's pretty important to both teams if they hope to stay close/catch Slurrey. I know a draw would be best for us, but with HOS in net is it too much to ask for a 8-8 game? I don't think Khalsa can score that many on the stingy Trollup D. Trollups by 6.

Sapperton Rovers vs. Westside Rino - Haven't seen either team this year hopefully Smallsy can leave the dart thread for 2 minutes and post his thoughts on the game.

Clan Alumni vs. Sporting Club - Turmoil is abound up on the hill. I'm hoping for them, but I don't think it'll happen. Sensei who's in the pipes? You or greasy fingers? Hint to clan he's weak down the middle.

ICSF Inter vs. Metro-Ford Wolves - YBK vs. Pipo. I say Wolves upset, if you can call it that. Shaggy has a 3 game suspension does he not? He's seems to be the only one scoring so again, we'll see. I would love to see Wolves win and hopefully it will shut sid and Larson the fcuk up for a week or so.

Columbus FC vs. Indo FC - Both teams are due t put a few wins together I think Indo will win. Columbus REALLY needs to work on their defending. I mean REALLY, REALLY need to work on it.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay, Okay....

I will respond to your plea for action on the VMSL Premier thread.

PAU by 2 over Chilliwack as the Reddragon (a strong Sapperton supporter) and others are all fired up again.

Sapperton to defeat Westside as WAB's team returns to pre-Indo form.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Yawn...

Originally posted by knvb
Columbus REALLY needs to work on their defending. I mean
REALLY, REALLY need to work on it.

Correction knvbronze, if you scored your only 4 goals of the season against them, they REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, need to work on defending.

Notty, could you kick knvb, he thinks that you are a sissy bike rider like Dude and therob.

Looking forward to going to Ambleside, usually a great game at that park. But the shower in the visitors change room allways gives me a shock, who is the plumber/electrician?

hos

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0