Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier Campbell charged with drunk driving

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Premier Campbell charged with drunk driving
Jan 10 - 3:11:00PM
VANCOUVER/CKNW(AM980)-- B.C. Premier Gordon Campbell was charged Friday with drunk driving in Hawaii.

Campbell was holidaying in Maui at the time of the alleged offence.

Maui police investigators say Campbell was arrested at 1:23 a.m. Maui time and charged with drunk driving.

He posted bail of $257 US and has a tentative court date of March 25th in Hawaii.

At least we know our Premiere isn't afraid to down a few pints

:rolleyes:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big or Bull???

It would appear at first glance to be a HUGE deal for BC politics in general and for the Liberal party and their great leader Gordo... However, this could be another one of those public plea's where Gordo explains himself to his colegues and the rest of British Columbia... "I only had some wine with dinner"???
Much like (a Gordo lok-a-like) a fellow politician did down in the good ole US of A... "I never inhaled"???

I say, it was probably something blown up by the media needing something to print... That or the old bastard is actually like the rest of us working stiffs that enjoy a few bevies on our holidays!!!

Either way, good on ya Gordo at least when you blow our money it can be for the better good of our province!!!:rolleyes:

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness,

Are you trying to make a point anywhere in that post?

Liberal MLA Tony Bullhar has been dropped from caucus for a year now pending his hearing concerning a disturbance.

Will Pisstank Campbell also step down until his trial?

Another wine spritzer Mr. Premier?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shocking that he would allow the chance for himself to be caught. He’s in the public eye…why would he even drive after a thimble full?

Beginning of the end? I don’t think so. He’s already made his enemies here, especially with many whom voted for him, who would now choose another if asked to vote. But who? Joy McPhail? My God man…can you imagine how many DUI’s that booze hag would rack up on the Premier’s entertainment account?

I think he’ll make a public apology, and it will be forgotten with his next big move. He’s due to cut all Government support of the Special Olympics sometime soon...

Unions suck,

Dude.
;)

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think I've laughed so hard in a long time as I did on the way home today. As someone who proudly voted against him, I can't even say I'm angry or mad at our premier for this behaviour -- it's just . . . damn . . . funny.

But a couple thoughts/questions:
  • Many similiarities have been drawn between Alberta's Master Ralph and our Padewan Learner, Gordo, but I never thought we'd be able to say a couple of drunks are leading Western Canada.
  • If convicted, will our premier be allowed to enter the U.S. again?
  • And lastly, now we know why Gord was so eager to increase the number of and availability of liquor stores in B.C.
Sucker. :D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Somebody has to get a photo of that mug shot up here. He smiled...he fcuking smiled! He must have been corked.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mabey he was Smoking some Maui Waui Too

Originally posted by TheRob
What kind of idiot smiles when his reputation is now totally fcuked?

Arrogant wank.:mad:

First, I don't like many of Gordos Policies, but I think it is crap the way the media has turned this into a circus.

The media loves it when our polliticians screw up, because they have nothing better to talk about in the news.

Even though I don't like Gord and his government, I think he is going to walk away from this OK and mabey even better, looking more human to all B.C.ers.

He will tell the truth that he fukced up, do what he has to, to get this in his past.

Look at Ralph Klein in Alberta, he got pissed, walked into a homeless shelter and started screaming at people to get jobs. Too funny. You would think that it would kill him in public opinion, but he actually can out better with all the Red-Neck Albertans loving him, because the economy is good, and he said what many of us would love to say.

A good move for Gordo right now, would say that he is off booze and that he is going to start smoking our great B.C. Bud, with over 50% of B.C.ers in favour of decriminalization, he will stay tops in the Polls.

Was Gordo still smilling after 4 hours in a Maui Jail.
Watch out for the Big Black Guy, named Bubbu

OZ:eek:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In the short term, yes, I believe he'll do his best to tough this out. However, I'm not completely certain that he'll be able to weather public opinon against drinking-and-driving behaviour. Moreover, is it reasonable for anyone to lead a province after being found guilty of a crime?

Teachers are held to a higher standard (yes, Captain, apparently they are) and can be/have been fired for (legal) behaviour in their personal life. If teachers are held to a higher community standard, do you think the premier of the province should be as well?

the power

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Moreover, is it reasonable for anyone to lead a province after being found guilty of a crime?

Come on, you make it sound like it was attempted murder. This is a personal issue that he obviously needs to deal with. I'm actually impressed with Joy MacPhail's restraint in not showing the knee-jerk reaction of others in calling for his immediate resignation. Living in an area where there's serious security and safety issues makes what's happening back home seem very humourous.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campbell screwed

Due to the fact that Campbell has made so many people upset over losing jobs ie:education/health care,etc, basically the most important sevices in the world he will always have people who will not back him. Myself I believe he will say and do everything he can to make our focus not on him but on the issues in BC. Problem is will this make OUR drinking driving issues become laughed at and brushed off and how can he back the penalties when he got a slap on the wrist.If I were him I would hope that they give me big community service along with other penalties and restrictions for the next year or so to show evreybody in BC that this is not acceptable in Hawaii and it's not acceptable here either trust me I know.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He must be cursing his luck.

The only time he ever drinks and drives and he gets caught.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hilarious...

In his appology today he said he had 3 martini's then during dinner he had some wine, and after he drank some water.

New slogan, Drink Booze, Drink Water and Go Drive. Cuz u know how water sobers u up so fast.

Campbell Must Go!!!!

Anyone find the place to email the government??

Pardon if this all sounds a blurr but i have been over the limit on medication. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts